Trump Presidency Tweets Too

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    roadkit and sitruc repped this.
  2. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
  3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I smell a Pullet Surprise in his future. . .

4. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't expect him to make the New York Times Bestseller list though!

No Collusion!
    Witch Hunt!
    Fake News!
    Angry Democrats!

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Deutsche Bank...

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-deutsche-bank-donald-trump

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I can imagine those as four children's books in the Cat In The Hat tradition.

bigredfutbol, soccernutter and dapip repped this.
  7. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No Collusion! by Donald Trump

I did not collude
    They are so rude
    It's a witch hunt
    Pelosi's a [censored]

I am the best
    Carson? he jests
    Don Jr is smart
    Ivanka's a tart

Putin's a king
    He said don't sing
    They are so rude
    I did not collude!

song219, dapip and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it too damn much to expect a sitting president to be able to read, write and perform math at the 6th grade level?

9. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Remember the good old days when people would say Dubya was just "incurious"? That feels so quaint now.

10. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They voted for Bush II because they felt they could have a beer with him.

They mocked Kerry when he ran because he could speak French.

They voted for Trump because they apparently wanted a President who wasn't smarter than they are.

xtomx, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Apparently, yes. Republican voters ... man, I don't get them. I understand that they like politicians who share their views. That is the natural starting point. But to stop right there and accept this half-wit, as if all their needs were met? Bizarre.

I mean sure there are dumb Republicans. But most are more literate than this guy. They are consciously, willingly voting down. That is just so strange to me. I don't want a President, of either party, who needs diapers and remedial assistance.

12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There is a culture class thing going on. They can't stand that a college professor has prestige and respected ideas on how they should live their lives even though as a plumber or whatever they make more money than the professor. So here's a guy that talks like them and eats like them and dresses... well, not like the professors, and says all their ideas are right and is so very confident and most of all is so rich he must be right about everything. And to them it's great Trump flouts decorum and unwritten rules and conventions of spelling and white-collar laws because those are all tools of the liberals to hinder real superiority. They have faith. And faith isn't easily shaken.

13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Three things:

1. No, most are not more literate than the Orange Baboon; half of them are as stupid or more stupid than him, and probably another 1/4 are not significantly smarter.

2. What are their need? Own the liberals; stack the courts; torture the POC; give them the illusion of superiority for their race/faith. Economic anxiety not so much.

3. Diapers and medicine are what liburls use to control you and to prevent you from own your freedoms. I mean, probably not, but they really don't care if Drumpf dropped a bomb from the balcony facing the Rose Garden and then wrote MAGA on the walls with his feces. It's not about being a functional adult, but about owning all those idiots that pretend they have the same rights as they do.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This not going to bod well...

More unhinged:

1131538024938926082 is not a valid tweet id

If only he stopped giving away evidence:

superdave, sitruc and soccernutter repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sicness follows his prose

Dr. Wankler and soccernutter repped this.
  16. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, yeah, that could be the case for lots of Trump voters, but let me raise the case of my in-laws. Educated, accomplished, wealthy, own three homes in various parts of California and two of them sit empty in case they need to stay there whenever.

Fully on board the Trump Train - at first, they were "anyone but Hillary!" but now they are full steam ahead. They got hammered by the tax bill due to the limitations on property tax deductions, but still on board. Not embarrassed by Trump's mistakes or personality issues. They seem to feel like anything bad reported about Trump is just fake news.

As far as I know, they're not jealous of the professor types - they ARE the professor types.

I think the answer in their case is Fox News. They watch all the time. They live in San Diego (well, two of their three houses are in the greater San Diego area), and when we were last there, they were telling us about how tunnels are being found all over the place. What if the illegals tunnel into their neighborhood? And what if they get hit by a car driven by an illegal without insurance? Have you seen how they drive? And how millions of them voted? (We don't go visit them much any more due to these kinds of conversations.)

I think Fox News took their insecurities about their place in American society, heated it up with some racism, and distilled it into hate and the end result is to fully support Trump. I don't know how many Trump supporters follow this path, but they're not all uneducated yokels who want to see those coastal elites get theirs.

Deadtigers, spejic, sitruc and 6 others repped this.
  17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So it wasn't Economic Anxiety then...

18. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    If you watched three decades of Oprah in the course of a year you'd learn that all human behavior is driven by one of two primary impulses, fear or love. You're welcome. :):thumbsup:

Deadtigers and soccernutter repped this.
  19. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I had to see why Tillerson was trending. I honestly laughed out a this one.

I can just hear it.

Putin in Natasha accent: "Oh yeah Donald, you totally outfoxed me. " Turns to aid with smirk on his face. *wink* *wink*.

20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Dont forget corny books & free cars

Deadtigers and song219 repped this.
  21. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    I'm distilling the wisdom.

dapip and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  22. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hang in there Smurf. The sweetest revenge will be inheriting all that real estate.

Deadtigers, dapip and Smurfquake repped this.
  23. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    And then donating heavily to the local immigrant defense organization.

24. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, my neighbors are a lot like this. Wealthy, retired, multiple homes in CA and NV, husband has a PhD, etc., etc. I like them as they have good humor and are good neighbors but they watch a lot of Fox news and are on the Trump train and know we aren’t so we generally avoid politics. The other night we were out for dinner and just out of the blue, the husband blurts out “something must be done about illegal immigrants!” We didn’t respond and steered the conversation elsewhere and he was ok. I think if you watch Fox all of the time, you are just bombarded with that stuff and it becomes a lot of what you think about. There is a fear of being taken over and people who are “illegal” or somehow not deserving will take your money and or well being.

Smurfquake and soccernutter repped this.
  25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even if I took everything Trump tweeted as the absolute unvarnished truth I still would probably conclude that he's incompetent at the very least when it comes to picking people to run all the important aspects of his organization.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.