Trump Presidency Tweets Too

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least he didn't get drunk and sexually assault anybody...

...too soon?

dapip repped this.
  2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As you write, the far right, far left, and a good chunk of libertarians/independents tend to end up in the same place politically. Establishment is bad, outsiders who attack the establishment are good.

"Abolish the Fed" is something that all three groups can agree on. Along with "Whatever you may think of Trump, Hillary would have been no better, and maybe worse."

bigredfutbol, dapip and sitruc repped this.
  3. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good point. I did not know that. However, I was mostly speaking as far as what it costs in the state of Florida and what parents can afford. I should have qualified that. Example: Any state school $6k, UMiami, 46k

Ismitje and dapip repped this.
  4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not just the media narrative, it is how people behave and the denial of White males to recognize that what they are doing is wrong - whether it is "youth indescression," "locker room talk," or some kind of "joke," many White males think it is acceptable to behave in this manner in many environments...that being in TrumpCountry largely (though not exclusively).

xtomx, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Did not know that about Michigan State. Awhile back, schools like Arizona State used to get a ton of wealthy suburban kids who weren't really academically strong, but whose parents could pay their way and then some.

I can see the point of an academically challenged child of financially gifted parents from Gross Point wanting to go to ASU. East Lansing? Well, good for MSU.

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Eh, come on now. If it were Klansman shrieking at high school kids, the left wouldn't be blaming the kids for their reactions. Ceezmad is correct about this. Each political side is finding what it wants from this incident.

7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not Michigan State. Michigan.

My company typically hires from seven Midwestern schools. Northwestern, Notre Dame, Wash U, Chicago, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois. Those are our major feeders. There ain't no difference in the student bodies between the first four and the last three, except that the Notre Dame grads all seem to be Catholic, ;)

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Arizona (and probably ASU), having lived in Tuscon, I can attest that there were a lot of middling students from better-off families, and a heap of them from Cali.

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That makes a bit more sense. Don't know why I saw Michigan State, which isn't bad, either.

One of the things I remember in the 90s was walking around the North Side on fall Saturday afternoons and seeing flags flying from bars: lots of NDs, several yellow block Ms on blue, the occasional white S on green and red W on white. Never saw a tavern willing to admit it was a Northwestern bar or an Illini bar.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but the ones supporting the students are denying that the hats have any meaning and that the students' behavior could have been anything other than "youthful indescression."

Now, as somebody who took many school-sponsored trips, some of them out of the LA area, and even out of state, I'm wondering how the students all ended up wearing the MAGA hat. Were they supplied by somebody? Did they all have them at home and there was some coordination going on? It seems strange that something like that would happen with a majority (all?) of the students knowing where they would be and what the hat means.

11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If they came through Union Station I'm sure they could have bought them there and there are a million vendor's truck that I'm sure they could have bought them from.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Impeach the MF?

1088160540176891905 is not a valid tweet id

Memory Hole:

Mathz is hardz:

1088158059715874817 is not a valid tweet id

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I seem to remember reading that people were selling them on the mall. They could've bought the, en masse. Or they already had them.

I know my wife's college will say "no partisan political gear" when they provide busses to the Anti-Abortion march, as well as to the first Women's March. My guess is that meant no MAGA hats to the anti-abortion march, no Hillary buttons to the women's march (though the pink hat was okay since it didn't endorse a politician).

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No SOTU for you!!!

Yeah, about hat..:

soccernutter, sitruc and superdave repped this.
  15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Jeez. Don't say I didn't call this one.

16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    "Admit" isn't quite the right term. "Willing to forego business" is more on the mark. Ain't nobody watches those teams. Northwestern is pretty good now, but even so its home games are 50% visiting fans. Illinois is even worse off.

Deadtigers, Dr. Wankler and bigredfutbol repped this.
  17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's bullcrap too. I don't have much sympathy with either side on this topic, although I confess to believing that wearing a MAGA hat is sufficient grounds in and of itself for conviction.

soccernutter and dapip repped this.
  19. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It doesn't matter how you rearrange the chess pieces if the white pieces still have the power and the influence and the fraking President of the United States of America behind them. The power dynamics here aren't reversible.

dapip repped this.
  20. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That should have been instantly disqualifying. The media should have brought it up again and again and again, 10 times for every time it mentioned Hillary's emails. And Hillary should have brought it up again and again. That was an open attempt at a modern racist lynching, of children no less.

As a side note, those four newspapers should be shamed for accepting that advertisement. What a disgrace they were.

21. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, pretty much every week of the campaign there was such a scandal, from his rallies, to the old tapes, to his Moscow connections; yet the media decided that #heremails was a better angle, and his supporters really didn’t care about all his flaws. He has lost what, 10 points support in two years? 35% of the country still think he’s doing great!!!

22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Intentionally hoping to kill children, and using one's power to increase the probability of that happening, is a whole different level of bad. It's Sandusky level bad. Sandusky was worse in that he didn't just advocate the crime, he did it, but better in that he didn't murder anybody. I call it a draw.

If there is a hell, Trump will burn for that event alone.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    - Bragging about sexual assault.
    - Bragging about cheating taxes.
    - Insulting the military and their families.
    - Promoting racism, violence and xenophobia at his rallies.
    - Mocking politicians from his party.
    - Threatening allies and cozying up with enemies.
    - Bragging about shooting someone in daylight.

As I said, every week something else showed not only he was not qualified to be POTUS, but that he was a horrible detestable human being. Yet the MSM and his followers gave him infinite passes.

xtomx repped this.
  24. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Don't forget, the kids' response to the BHI abuse was to be derisive towards people of another race. I don't think leftists would condone that kind of behavior.

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That is all small potatoes when compared to hoping to kill children. Well, OK, maybe not the 3rd item. That stuff can also lead to lynchings. But the other items, they pale in comparison.

The guy is a wannabe child killer. The only thing I can say that is worse than that is that he is an actual child killer. That he did not do. But he wished to do so.