Trouble developing weak foot

Discussion in 'Player' started by MilanMadrid, Feb 21, 2016.

1. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    My left foot is nowhere near as good as my right so I decided to dedicate this whole month (+ however much longer it takes) to become two footed. I saw a lot of progress after the first week but since then progress has been a a plateau. I've mainly been working on being able to curl the ball using the inside of my foot (especially for crosses), and they've improved but there's still much work to be done. Driven shots are embarrassingly bad. Passing still feels awkward as well. Anyone have any advice on how to improve my weak foot?

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Get someone who can serve you balls from the right side. You have two touches to get your shot off in using your left foot. Get comfortable doing that first.

It takes thousands of shots to feel comfortable shooting with the weaker foot..

Can you pass with your left foot? Try to do different types of passes with the left foot. Like move from right to left and pass into the side wall netting of the far side of the goal using your left foot. Then do it against a keeper. Keeper is going to cut off your angle of the far side inside netting. Air the ball about 2 feet off the ground hitting the outside of the ball using your left foot putting inside spin on the ball. Hit the outside of the ball that will give you inside spin. Get the ball past the keeper then the inside spin will kickin and the ball will go inside the far side post like the ball had eyes. You can get that in two practices it looks harder then it is.

Just a matter of getting comfortable doing something that you have not done enough of before.

3. MilanMadrid

MilanMadrid Member

Nov 27, 2014
    At the moment I'm just training alone using a wall. I can pass with my left foot but only when it's short distance and they're not very strong nor accurate passes. I'll just stick with it and get over the awkward phase. It's just some movements, like driven shots for example, feel completely foreign. My left ankle just seems less flexible and not as strong as my right one, almost as if I can't lock it/flex it down as much. Therefore when shooting it feels like I'm shooting with the knuckles of my toes instead of my instep. Hopefully this goes away with time.

You said you can get a decent left foot in two practices? So far I've been at it almost everyday since the beginning of this month haha.

4. Sarah ava

Sarah ava Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Xelaju Mario Camposeco
    be careful during game.