Trinidad @ USA September 6, 2016 Jacksonville

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if we want a packed stadium, some people will have to purchase mid-field seats.
    It also appears as if they are not selling tix in the upper levels.

2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    either way, i'll see you there and i'll buy you a beer.

3. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the "cheap seats" behind the goal ;)

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the only place to s...tand

5. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, though, I do think the non-AO seats are extremely high for this match.
    But maybe this is a sign of economics finally swaying in favor of U.S. Soccer? Maybe the high demand allows them to price the tickets higher. I can't say that's an overall bad thing.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    About a month away. Tix still avail, $35 AO.

Pre-Game
    September 06, 2016

Russ-Doe's Sandwich Shop (and surrounding lot)
    1745 E Church St, Jacksonville, FL 32202
    3-7pm ET
    March: 7pm ET

7. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #32 Eddie Stiel, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    I just received a discount offer code from Jaxevents.com. $25 endline tickets. I paid $32. Bummer. This game isn't selling well, obviously.

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    #33 wixson7, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Eat $7 worth of free food at the AO tailgate and you'll cover the difference. :) I'll even buy you a cold one.

I don't have a good feeling about the turnout, not sure why but it is what it is I guess. Hopefully proven wrong. Either way, I'll be there. Ho hum.

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO tailgate info (changed from previous post above)

Pre-Game Tailgate Details
    FOOD: AO providing FREE food, grilling burgers, brats, wings and more.

BEVERAGE: BYOB, but we will also have Oskar Blues donating beer to our tailgate-goers. Also a bar close by to buy the Oskar Blues if you like it and forgot your drinks. AO will provide water.

ACTIVITIES: Some soccer, some fun, but look for a large inflatable!

PARKING: Members will receive a parking pass that bought tickets that will have reserved parking up until 6:00 pm in the lot just north of our tailgate lot. Lot entrance is at the intersection of Duval and Bryan St. (401 Bryan Street)

[​IMG]

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just such a weird stadium pick

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Logistically Is it really that weird considering that it is an easy flight back from the Caribbean after Friday's match?

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Short flight, similar weather. With that its not a bad play. But I hear ya on the fact that stadium will be empty (relatively speaking) it is what it is.

I do support he US spreading the games around to different locations, for the most part they've done very well there.

13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    http://m.wokv.com/news/news/local/less-20000-tickets-sold-next-weeks-world-cup-quali/nsNfT/

Less than 20,000 tickets sold for next week’s World Cup qualifier in Jacksonville

Jacksonville, Fl. —

Even with Jacksonville’s deep military and patriotic roots, organizers are struggling to sell tickets to a World Cup qualifier featuring the United States men’s national team at EverBank Field.

Less than 20,000 tickets have been sold for the Sept. 6 game between USMNT and Trinidad & Tobago, according to Jacksonville Jaguars President Mark Lamping.

“There’s plenty of tickets left, I can tell you that for certain,” Lamping told WOKV. “Hopefully it’ll be a big night with a lot of people in attendance.”

Jacksonville hosted a USMNT game in 2014, with well over 40,000 people converging on EverBank Field to watch the Americans beat Nigeria 2-1 in a friendly. Lamping does not expect the game to reach that attendance level this time around.

The City is paying out $125,000 from its tourism fund to the USMNT to market and promote the match, while the national team will retain net ticket proceeds and cover some stadium expenses.

While ticket sales have been slow ahead of the match, Lamping believes the community will support the event when the time comes.

“It’s a big opportunity, not only in terms of economic impact for the community, but also awareness and exposure.

Lamping is hoping for attendance of 30,000, saying the city is often a “late sell” for events.

The game will be broadcast to a national audience on FS1 on Sept. 6 at 8 p.m. ET.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    30K sounds about right.
    It is Trinidad and Tobago for Pete's sake.
    I don't think there's too many places that could get much more than that quite frankly.

15. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    100% agree. 30k would be fantastic to be honest. Though "less than 20k" is a bit vague. The bar is set low, so anything over 20k is a positive for me.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30k would be fantastic. I mean it'll suck that it's in an NFL stadium buy 30k is still more than many qualifiers.

17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    About 17,000 tix sold for #USMNT WCQ vs T&T Tuesday in Jacksonville. Might get to 20K, which was realistic target.

Goff tweet

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20k not bad not great. Would be fine if the stadium wasn't going to be two thirds empty.

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It ended up being a perfect place to have the match. And as long as we 're undefeated there it will be a great option for matches like this in Qualifiers prior to the Hex.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would be better in a smaller stadium but since I don't think the south is going to have one for awhile it is what it is.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Orlando's new MLS stadium will also be an option too. That would be great.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the status of that one

23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    My review:

PREGAME: Tailgate was well organized and good location. BYOB plus free food and beer is always a plus. The march was standard fare.

STADIUM: Lower bowl filled and looked good as long as you didn't look into the upper deck. Weird location that stadium, in industrial part of town, not much around there from what I saw. Big huge bar behind supporters section, that helped ensure small lines. Kudos there.

FANS: Really good support, great energy. Several capos coordinating across large area is always tough but they did well. I don't recall any "I believe" so that gets top marks for me just on principle alone. As always, they could slow roll the Oh When The Yanks..and even Boom Boom Clap, but it gets rushed as usual. Either way. Really well organized and nice drumming as well.

T&T FANS: Ok, massive kudos to those guys. 2 straights hours of steel drums and party, absolutely non-stop, and continued 30 minutes after the game as well, that really was top notch stuff.

Good times all around.

HomietheClown repped this.
  24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard an I believe chant but it didn't originate there. It started at midfield.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--