Tricolor femenil

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by elcharroatomico, Aug 8, 2014.

1. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    This u-17 has the potential to make it to semi finals. They're the best generation so far.
    But I'm afraid such a good performance would probably have the FMF take a look at Cuellar Jr. for DT of senior WNT :(
    It's such a disgrace the FMF gives no fvcks over who leads the women's program. If they win, they win. If they lose, they lose. Doesn't matter if the coach is good or not. They don't make us enough money to care. Pathetic.

Romario'sgurl and DankYummy repped this.
  2. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A lot of it has to do with the sad fact that about half of these girls are born or play in the U.S.

3. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    That, and competition is pretty even at that age. Youth tournaments are more unpredictable than senior tournaments.
    Essentially it's "easier" to make it further in a youth tournament (especially u-17) because players aren't fully developed, their concentration isn't all there, more mistakes are made, and team work/coordination isn't at an high level.
    Individual skill levels do make a difference but not to the extent that we see at the senior level. It's a hit or miss in that department.

What I'm worried about is that the FMF will think that Cuellar Jr's possible success in this tournament will be good enough to offer him the senior WNT gig. However, that'd be a classic example of fool's gold.

I mean just look at "Chucho" Ramirez, dude couldn't cut it at America.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why is it sad? US actually puts priotites to the womens game

Mexico couldn't care less

El_LatinLover and DankYummy repped this.
  5. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, it's sad because you have half the team that doesn't understand Spanish that well. Lack of team unity there.

I agree with you about that the U.S. has the infrastructure to develop female athletes. So why not poach the pochas, I guess?

Kind of reminds me of the nads and their Germans Mercs.

Romario'sgurl and DankYummy repped this.
  6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Watched the second game of the U-17 Women's World Cup against Jordan, yesterday. A comfortable 4-1 victory against a piss-poor home team that got their goal of a deflection.

I'm really liking this #11 Ovalle, clearly the best player on the team and hails from the GOAT state of Aguascalientes.
    Next match is Friday against the other team with 6 points, Ethpaña. The first true test for these girls as the match will determine if they face Canada:unsure: or Germany:sick: in the quarters.

On a side note, lady Nads lost to lady Ghanians. Their eternal rival.:ROFLMAO:

7. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Are you tivo-ing the matches or something?
    I've been trying to watch a match of theirs but I don't wanna pay Foxsports just for this one tourney....
    Was really hoping ESPN would step up and stream it through their WatchApp but it didn't happen.

8. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some matches are on Fox Sports 2 I think, like today's Mexico vs Spain match. But I have FoxSports2Go at $140 a year but you can get it at $20 a month as well.

You get all the champions, europa bundesliga matches live and on demand. Plus some international matches and tournaments. I usually have them on at work to have something in the background while I'm working.

9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #234 Ron Mexico, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Mexico narrowly survived a 1-1 game against Spain. They had the lead for one minute until their piss poor defense gave up an easy goal. Still if it wasn't for the GK Aguirre who had two great saves this match would've been lost.

Because of the 2 goleadas against New Zealand and Jordan the tri-femenil finish first place in Group A and will face Venezuela in the quarters.

Thankfully they avoid Germany who look like college women when compared to our prepubescent Mexican girls.

Game will be on Wednesday.

DankYummy repped this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The U-17 have lost to Venezuela 1-2 in their quarter final match. :( I felt like Mexico dominated the match but their piss poor defense did them in. All goals were scored in a span of 5 minutes so it was crazy for a time.

This group of girls has way more potential than the last U-17 which will play this year's U-20 Women's World Cup. Upon looking at the lineups, most of the starting eleven has been homegrown Mexicans. Exceptions being Kimberly Rodriguez (CB), Ashley Soto (RB) & Luisa Delgado (FW). I'm guessing the callup of Mexican-Americans was to pad out the depth chart on the bench.

The players that impressed me the most were Jacqueline Ovalle (Aguascalientes) good all-around playmaker, Miriam Aguirre(Morelos), solid goalkeeper and Reyna Reyes (Dallas) who is only 15 years old coming off the bench really in every match.

11. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Reyna Reyes is really only 15? She's pretty good for her age already. I saw her play in the qualifiers and was pretty satisfied with her performance.

It's sad that Mexico lost but man that Deyna girl from Venezuela is a beast. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes to the u-20 world cup, unless school detains her from doing so.

DankYummy repped this.
  12. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yep. Two quick one-on-one situations against Deyna and it was over. At least our team perform better than the lady nads in this tournament.

#closingDaGap

thedragonrik58 and DankYummy repped this.
  13. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #CerrandolaCueva

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

LGRod repped this.
  14. OneJillion$$$

OneJillion$$$ Member+

Jun 19, 2015
    Strong rumors making their round in Mexico that Cuellar Jr. will indeed be the senior WNT head coach.
    FMF trying to fix the WNT like
    [​IMG]

Romario'sgurl, LGRod and Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Try'na prevent @Baysic's cueva from getting the runs like...

Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The "best U17 generation" (earlier in this thread) just won the CONCACAF U20 tournament a few minutes ago.

Turns out Little Cuellar is doing a good job.

Ashley Soto and the backline held their own against Abigail Kim and the U.S. attack.

Emily Alvarado was great in goal, helping Mexico win the Premundial Sub 20 for the first time ever.

Yay Girls!

ezyM, Phenom, OG Junglist and 5 others repped this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Congrats to the womenz and amazing how quick the Liga MX Femenil had an impact.

18. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really haven't been following this team at all. How much of this victory is due to the Liga MX Femenil? Should I dare dream about the future?

19. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Miriam Garcìa de Chivas ganò el Balòn de Oro

Casi todos los goles fueron anotados por jugadoras de la Liga MX, menos uno de Jimena Lopez y un autogol de Jamaica.

Phenom repped this.
  20. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    957774202471374848 is not a valid tweet id

21. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    espanol

enghlish

OneZoro, Regulus Tera, Phenom and 2 others repped this.
  22. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The Gap is closing :sneaky:

23. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Honestly, the final should have been Haiti vs. Mexico. The gringas were lucky to get past Haiti via PKs.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the job Leo has done. Initially, I wanted Andrea Rodebaugh to run the women’s program but I guess things are working out with Jr.

What’s hilarious is that nadette fans are taking credit for Mexico’s success because a few players born and “developed” in the US. No Mames! Mexico plays football, while the little nadettes play kickball.

Anyway, congrats to Mexico!

24. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The gringos always want to play on neutral ground. Lets play them in this stadium in TyT from now on. :sneaky:

OG Junglist and Regulus Tera repped this.
  25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So what, I say! Mexico has been using Mexican Americans since the start.

In a weird role reversal, these girls accept the Mexican call-up and put themselves in a super uncomfortable position where their limited spanish makes people criticize them. Hell, they're not even allowed to join the LigaMx right now after HS/College if they're born in the States. Hopefully that changes as dual citizenship should be the only requirement for foreign players right now. Maybe if the league picks up serious momentum, it can open its doors to foreign transfers and allow our "gringas" to qualify as non-foreigner.

From the ones I know right now:

The Soto sisters play for ASU (U20 Ashley) and USC (U17 Nicole).

Kimberly Rodriguez (U20) plays for Oklahoma State.

DGreat, Regulus Tera and Phenom repped this.