PBP: Triangular, Apertura 2008/09. [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Andrés_, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The dates for the triangular and places are confirmed.

1- Tigre vs. San Lorenzo @ Vélez, 17/12 6:30pm.

2- San Lorenzo vs. Boca Juniors @ Racing, 20/12 6:30pm.

3- Boca Juniors vs. Tigre @ Racing, 23/12 9:30pm.

Note: If San Lorenzo win the 2 first matches then the 3rd may not be played.

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Solari criticó la forma de disputa del Triangular

More...

3. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: "Ojalá que mi amigo esté inspirado"

Arruabarrena prende una vela para que Riquelme se ilumine en el partido de mañana, Boca le gane a San Lorenzo y el Matador tenga chances de pelear por el título. "Lo único que quiero es jugar y poder definir nosotros el martes", tiró.

More...

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anybody know why Boca's fans have been so damn quiet throughout the whole match? I've only heard San Lorenzo's fans the whole time. I don't even want to mention how still the stands have been after San Lorenzo's goal.

Amazingly, I've heard more Boca fans singing during the ocassional minute of silence that are done before some matches than today.

That's exactly what you call silencio atroz.. even with La 12's parlantes!

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't worry guys, they're alive.. On the 47th minute of the second half they sang their first song, confirming their presence. No need to worry.

6. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that sucked.

The ref was going insane towards the end, too. I hope Tigre win by a nice healthy margin now.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2-0 will do it.

8. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was wondering about that; if Tigre wins now, which goal difference are they counting? the overall tournament or just the triangular?

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just the triangular. Basically, this is what would happen:

- Victory for Boca or tie: Boca Champions
    - Victory for Tigre by 1 goal difference: Boca Champions
    - Victory for Tigre by 2 or more goal difference: Tigre Champions

San Lorenzo is now officially out of the fight for the trophy.

10. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was afraid of that.

Well, I guess there's always Clausura for us.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, this result is one of the worst possible for San Lorenzo, now they don't have any chance it's all for Boca or Tigre. Well the true final will be the Tuesday. By the way there was a slight change in the schedule the match will be at 8:45pm not at 9:30pm(Argentina's Eastern Time that is).

12. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3rd place is not a bad place to be.

It beats 17th... (Well, we helped when we killed you not too long ago)

Arsenal beat you in your own house...Banfield beat you in your own house...
    River beat you in your own house... Avellaneda has nothing to celebrate this year!

13. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Es para vos, es para vos...

Arrancaron las gastadas de los hinchas Xeneizes a los de San Lorenzo. En este caso, el sitio </i>La Mitad más 1</i> le apuntó al reconocido hincha Cuervo Marcelo Tinelli. Picante...

More...

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey, don't take it personal. And if that's so at least even being in the position we were we won't go bankruptcy because of daddy Tinelli business.

15. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Se acordaron de los hinchas

Dirigentes de Boca y Tigre se reunieron con gente del Coprosede y acordaron la asistencia de casi 17 mil personas por equipo para la final del Apertura. Eso significa que habrá 9 mil más que en el San Lorenzo-Boca.

More...

16. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Touche.

Ok, sorry if I came off a little aggressive... I wasn't feeling too good after that loss.

17. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La pasión por una entrada

Se desarrolla con tranquilidad el canje de localidades en Casa Amarilla y el expendio en Victoria. Las plateas para ver al Matador cuestan ¡200 pesos!

More...

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh, don't worry.:)

Anyway. I have to make a little rant about this triangular. It's leaveing much to be desired. The choice of the stadiums, Vélez was ok why couldn't all the matches be played there? You'll say the pitch ok, yeah two of the matches are held at Racing even though there were better options and it's very much impossible to distribute the stands for a neutral crowd... Oh! But that doesn't matter after all the plan is to have the matches in stadiums for over 50,000 people with 30,000 or less, thank you the oh so effective COPROSEDE and PROSEF for being as useless as usual(For Vélez's match a total of 24,000 tickets were sold which unlike that final between Estudiantes and Boca, in which they claimed they sold around 30,000 tickets clearly there were over 45,000 people and then at Racing let's have between 28,000 and 30,000...). And the Ambulance couldn't even come into the pitch... Too bad for Forlin, but this kind of organization had such a thing coming, fortunately Forlin is fine now.

Though no way the stadiums got have more noticeable attendance then what they were supposed they couldn't stop people getting in at Racing's with fake tickets, some claims are that the tickets were from random matches even from 4th and 5th division matches... and in theory the telones are forbidden in the province of Buenos Aires, not in places like the city of Buenos Aires or the province of Santa Fe for example yet at the province Boca and San Lorenzo could display them... yes COPROSEDE at its best as usual. Also PROSEF couldn't stop Tigre supporters from throwing seaters at the pitch... Yeah let's reduce stadiums usage to its half, and let's blame the clubs if anything goes wrong, which is likely.

There were many complaints about the dispute system of the triangular, but well ever since it was written to be this way. Apparently they wanted to go by the logic, have a draw to decide who plays the first match and then the loser to play the third team in the second match, but it seems Tigre was pressing to have the thing played as it was written, which i guess makes sense, why should they change the rules on the run? Maybe when the season is over they could make the proper changes but now? It wouldn't be serious. Also contrary to what it has been said by the always brainy and reliable football media, this isn't the first time such happens. In 1968, there was a triangular to decide the champion between Vélez(who were crowned the champions), River and Racing(all the 3 matches were played at San Lorenzo's old stadium).