Traveling to Monterrey, Mexico

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Joe Kurr, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Joe Kurr

Joe Kurr Member

Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    Mar 21, 2017
    Hi All,

Greetings from a Sporting KC supporter, and late congratulations on winning last years MLS Cup (thanks for knocking off Portland)! At any rate, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone from the boards had traveled to the Champions League match in Monterrey? I am planning on making the trip in two weeks when SKC takes them on in the semi-finals.

Some questions I was hoping to get answered:
    Where did you buy your tickets? I've searched all over the team site (CF Monterrey) with no luck. I've also checked TicketMaster MX, but no events are posted. SKC has said they are not planning to buy away supporter tickets, so kind of in the dark here. I should add, I am familiar with the concept of picking up the tickets at Will Call as I made the trip to Azteca for the USMNT, and had to go the TIcketMaster MX route.

Any other pointers about Monterrey would be much appreciated. Mainly, what areas of the city to avoid. I have booked the Sheraton close to Park Marcoplaza. MODS, if this thread does not belong here, please remove. Thank you!