Travel/Tickets: USA versus Turkey in Philadelphia, PA (5/29/2010)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Feb 16, 2010.

1. the_tayjay

the_tayjay New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Sam's Army still exists? I had no clue, since they never organize anything anymore. I mean, unless you count Mark Spicone selling tickets and keeping all the profits for himself.

2. Zoti

Zoti Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Brooklyn
    To be honest this is my first US game (Gold Cup final at Giants stadium doesn't count since I sat in 101) since the Mexico game in Columbus in 2005 where I'm sitting in the supporters' section so I haven't really kept in touch with US Supporter scene. I also prefer wearing red over blue (which I'm assuming is what AO wear) as every team I have ever supported wears red.

At this point I just want get my tix and will probably end up sitting with AO if SA doesn't show up.

3. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SA butchered the Honduras WCQ last summer, I've been AO since.

4. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play nice.

Sam's Army has some good roots here in the Northeast. I'm sure that if you ordered tickets through them they are being handled properly. Tickets for these matches typically take longer than 2 weeks to get out to the purchaser.

5. Zoti

Zoti Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Thanks RedRevs. The last time I bought tix through SA was in 2001 for the Jamaica game at Foxborough and the guy who handled my transaction was a Midright Rider if I'm not mistaken. I had no complaints.

6. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anybody taking Amtrak down for this game? 30th Street Station is beautiful.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I am the day before, and hope to test out my new camera by getting some nice shots of it.

8. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like American Outlaws NYC will be bringing 2 buses down for this game . So well see youse down there :D

9. Killakakam

Killakakam Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually AO wears red. They used to wear blue but people complained and they made the switch to red. The supporters section is always a sea of red.

10. Zoti

Zoti Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Thanks for clearing that up. I've been out of touch with the U.S. Supporter scene for a while now.

11. the_tayjay

the_tayjay New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Actualy, it was Mark Spacone who did the crying to National AO. That is a fact.

12. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bro! Just leave it. The AO & Sams Army thing is pretty played out. It seems like you are just cruising hoping someone starts up an arguement with you.

AO is all about looking forward while respecting the past just let it go. We know where AO will be for the forseeable future. Who cares about anyone else?

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Let's get this thread back on track with what it should be about: fan & travel information related to the match.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    2 busses filled? 100 peeps? good to hear.

15. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And within reasonable walking distance to many Center City/City Hall area hotels. About 10-15 minute walk to Residence Inn, Courtyard Marriott, Embassy Suites to name a few. Also, McGillian's Ale House close by.

16. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I hope there's no flash mobs scheduled in Philadelphia on May 29th. ;)

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm staying in one of those hotels in the Center City-area, and my ears perked up when you mentioned "McGillian's Ale House."

Should make for a nice contrast when compared to the last time I saw the U.S. face Turkey. That one involved a helicopter, the French National Police, 100 degree-plus weather, 15,000-plus Turkish fans, a Turkish player named "Borkmaz" giving us the finger, a late night/early morning at a bar in Lyon drunk dialing a guy named "Iffy" (in Australia) with a bunch of Kiwi's...

... good times obviously :)

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    unless it's a US soccer flash mob....

19. the_tayjay

the_tayjay New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    At the Linc at 2pm...

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Hmmm... we could get a couple hundred U.S. fans to enter the main hall decked out in U.S. gear, and at the appropriate time, each person hold aloft a U.S. scarf (while remaining still) for one minute.

[​IMG]

I could snap some photos of the passengers moving around while the U.S. fans are still... it would look neat.

... nah, flash mob at the pub sounds better to me.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

Looks like Grand Central. I'd like to take a tour of 30th street station but no time once again. No time for any American revolution stuff either this trip. doh!

22. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    good number. What did we get for the Gold Cup game there?

24. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia