Travel/Tickets: USA versus Spain, Foxborough, 6/4/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Mar 25, 2011.

1. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, here is an idea.... UNITE AND STRENGTHEN!

RED, you may have a great idea, and you are passionate about it, but you will better achieve your goal by remaining civil, regardless of your frustration level. While everyone wearing red is always the goal, it is NEVER achieved, its never even close to happening.

Tommy, remain calm, keep recruiting and remember that sometimes, not replying is the best way to make your point. I get it, you are doing alot, I can say that I appreciate your efforts, just please pass along that your friends should try and wear red... and then ignore all the rest :)

I have a crap load of friends coming to this game as well, and most are newbies, but I did warn them all that standing is required, silence is not an option, and do your best to wear the gear if you can.... since some are lucky enough to have some money, buying gear was not an issue, but I made the reccomendation to buy red as that is what we wear.... so they are all buying red...

I gotta say that it absolutely sucks that I bought a blue jersey and I know I am not alone. Here we are 1,000,000 of us owning a $150 shirt that is not the color of the supporters section. Now I have a red AO tshirt, I have scarfs, heck I have blue AO shirts, I got an old black Italia 90 WC shirt, but I do not want to be judged because I bought a blue regulation jersey before the red ones came out. that blows, and I do not want to spend another 160(because I want a custom name this time) for when I get a red jersey.

So, this is what you will see from me at the Spain game... I will wear my blue kit, my wife (a first timer) will be wearing a red shirt(possibly my AO T-shirt tied up or something) and my friends will be wearing their new fancy red jerseys. I will be standing right in the middle of the supporters section because that is what I do, but I will make sure all the virgins have a scarf :) and I may even cover my jersey with a T for the TIFO moment,

As a nation, we are still getting our shit together, so we need to remember that not everyone is a "green street Hooligan", not everyone owns the new red shirt, not everyone can immediately buy all new gear once they start attending games in the supporters section. It will take a few more years before this everyone wear red thing soaks into all of the newer supporters, and we need to have patience.

I own a blue kit... I wear a blue kit.... I stand as long as you do, I yell louder that you do (I am E-ffing loud), I love the team as much as you do, and I am everything US Soccer needs in the supporters section.... so I expect you to stand, clap, jump, yell, cheer, cry etc... next to me wether I wear blue red or Gree....... OK, not gerrn, thats just wrong, but you get the point.

now that we have a red kit you will see more and more red in the section, it just takes a little time for everyone to pony up the money (especially on top of dropping 100+ each for the Brazil and Argentina games etc...

2. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well said. All the kits I own are blue too. I wear my red AO shirt day of, but your point is well taken.

3. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    Not a great pic but this was from my seats in the 3rd tier, on my 29th birthday, not the best birthday, ha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63275004@N07/5756785023/

Speaking of this game, it is the only one of my 12 caps that I do not have the ticket stub for so if anyone happens to have an extra and will be at the USA-SPAIN game I would def be interested in bartering for it, beer?

4. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome. Thanks man.

Can't help you with the stub. I think mine got destroyed in the rain after the game. I was soaked to the bone. Great way to end the day.

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Jaydawgg22

Jaydawgg22 Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Astoria Queens NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. BatigoL5

BatigoL5 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any thoughts on handing out pamphlet or something with lyrics to both the national anthem or GBA? You'd be surprised how many people don't know the lyrics.

Just a thought anyway.

Not sure how many here went to the WCQ in Chicago vs Honduras, but that's the Honduras fans did. They were passing out a sheet with the lyrics to their national anthem.

10. pierretong

pierretong New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm planning on flying into Logan Airport in Boston at 2:30 PM the day of the game (don't have money to spend on hotels) and then a friend is picking me up and heading to the game. Think we will make it there on time?

11. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It takes an hour on a really good day to get from Logan to Foxboro. However, with all the traffic that 68,000 people driving to the place makes, I would imagine that the trip could take close to double that.

You're probably not going to make it.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe on time for kickoff and that is a big maybe.

13. pierretong

pierretong New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    ok we'll see if we can get an earlier flight to Boston. What would you say is the latest time we should leave Logan to make it to kickoff (and what would be the preferred time so we can make it there comfortably and stress free haha)

14. DanishDuke

DanishDuke Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Cumberland RI
    There are still about 10 spots left on the bus from Providence. Leaves at 11am Saturday morning to Gillette Stadium.

15. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garrett, you can count on all 54 of the bodies from the Hartford bus will know about this and will have a lyrics sheet (I already added GBA on my usual song list I hand out) and they will all have sung the song at least once on the way to the stadium...

and they will be prepared for Funky Cold Medina at the 17th minute (joke)

and because I care

Lyrics

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
    Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
    Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
    As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,
    Land that I love.
    Stand beside her, and guide her
    Thru the night with a light from above.
    From the mountains, to the prairies,
    To the oceans, white with foam
    God bless America, My home sweet home.

16. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. bufordfan98

bufordfan98 New Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have bot two extra tickets in supporters section. Will sell at face value. Send PM if interested.

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are interested in helping out make tifo tomorrow between 10am and 4pm please email Garrett@TheAmericanOutlaws.com

People are meeting up to plan and make most of the tifo for this game this weekend.

This applies to the Boston and Providence area.

Granite & Nutmeg Staters welcome too.

19. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Any idea when the AO provided tickets will be in the mail? Thanks

20. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know most people (including myself) got there tickets already.

Check your E-Mail for any AO affiliated mail

21. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my ticket yesterday, thank god as it looks like Canada Post is going to be going on strike, even as early as tonight, so I am happy to have it in my hands.

Looking forward to next weekend big time, getting into town first thing Saturday morning, like 7 am from Philly, the Banshee, Tailgate and Game will be great, the party will be even bigger in the Bruins make the Stanley Cup, so good times all around.

22. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forwarding a question from a non-bigsoccer friend...Can he use a flare at the tailgate?

23. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How great it is going to be, Nike is giving away t-shirts to all AO members and now when we all get back to either the Landing or Banshee there will be one great party going on with the Bruins in the Stanley Cup, Game 2 starts at 8 pm Saturday night.

Great day all around, looking forward to it.

24. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love the sentiment but the Landing won't be showing the bruins. At night it turns into a euro-style night club.

Try out tavern on the square or the Asgard for good sports viewing. Didn't realize the t-shirt thing was public. So awesome.

25. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeh it is out in the public on facebook and AO website. Will the Banshee have the Bruins on, will you and the rest of the Revs fans be watch their game there? I am coming into Boston solo as my brother wanted to come but had to bail and want to enjoy a good night of sports.