Travel/Tickets: USA versus Jamaica in Columbus 9/11/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, May 21, 2012.

1. tavo2311

tavo2311 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi All - I have 4 tickets in sec 134. I unfortunately can't make the road trip any longer. Bought a house and closing had to be that week :( Anyway, if you want them, please PM me asap. I am not looking to make a profit. $30 per ticket.

Chicago's Finest repped this.
  2. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few of us from AO Columbus are looking into the feasibility of purchasing small USA stick flags for the entire AO section for USA-JAM on 9/11. The plan would be to wave these during team entrances and after the national anthem, creating our own unique tifo display at this match. By my count, the section seats 539 people. We have reached out to a local Kroger about purchasing flags at a discounted price of $0.25 each. Therefore, we'd need to donations of about $135. Thoughts? Who would contribute to this fund?[​IMG]

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Sent PM, u still got one avail?

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Role model

I'd be willing to make a contribution to help you out if you can wait until gameday.

5. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for reaching out. As of right now, the plan is to order these in the next week or so, so all payment will be made up front.

We're off to a good start, with over $100 pledged already. As long as you can help spread the word about when to wave them in the section on game day, that'll be good enough for me.

6. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Day One of pledging is complete, and we have reached $215 through BigSoccer and Facebook! Absolutely incredible response to start things off. I have reached out to a colleague at my advertising agency to obtain price quotes from his print vendors in Columbus. We are also in talks with Crew Supporters Union to double our order with funds from their organization, which would provide additional stick flags for that section (separate from AO). Stay tuned for details on how to submit your pledge money this week.

7. treadOnYou

treadOnYou New Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sent PM - still have one?

Thanks

8. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stick Flag Update:

We have received approval from The Crew and US Soccer to distribute these in the stadium. They would prefer we didn't tape them to the seats, though. Therefore, we may need some help passing them out as people enter the section.

9. Evan51838

Evan51838 Member

May 31, 2006
    Albany NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in to help in any way I can, but I'm coming from pretty far away and anticipating arriving pretty close to gametime. Maybe they could also be passed out at the tailgate as well, since most AO members will be there, and we will all probably be marching to the stadium together.

10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    yes, that's my goal.

Real Corona repped this.
  11. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a go! We have now secured stadium approval and a price quote from a Powell, OH vendor that will allow us to fill the ENTIRE The American Outlaws section with stick flags on 9/11. Please send your pledge money via PayPal to blockomike@gmail.com. Deadline is this Wednesday, August 29!

12. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US - Jamaica Festivities as organized by AO Columbus, Crew Supporters Union and Hudson Street Hooligans
    [​IMG]

Friday - 9/7
    8pm - USA vs JAMAICA AWAY Watch party at Fourth Street Patio
    The match is on BeIn sports network which in the Columbus area is only available via satalitte.​
    1810 North 4th Street​
    Columbus, OH 43201​
    (614) 291-1420​

Sunday - 9/9
    10:30am USMNT Open training session at Crew Stadium
    • Open to public. Field access for 2012 USSSG membership
    • Free Parking
    Monday - 9/10
    6pm Pre-PreGame at 4th St patio
    • Join all the supporter groups (AO, CSU and HSH) for a night of inspiration and perspiration.
    • Food and Drink Specials
    • Live Band
    • Give-Aways
    Tuesday - 9/11
    2pm Supporters Tailgate
    • Who: American Outlaws, Crew Supporters Union and Hudson St Hooligans Partnering with Fourth Street Bar & Grill
    • Location: Crew Stadium North West Corner of the General Admission Parking lot. (Seriously you wont miss it...or want to)
    • What:
      • Expected attendance 2000 US Soccer Supporters.
      • Shuttle from 4th St Patio to game and back.
      • Live Entertainment!
      • Jumbo-Tron (not kidding)
      • Free Food Truck (seriously)
      • Free Beer Truck (8Kegs donated by the supporter groups and 4th. Seriously.)
    • If you do not have a ticket to the game Don't Worry still come party. The tailgate is open to the public and we have retained a Jumbo Tron. The party don't stop until the US wins!
    8PM USA vs Jamaica at Crew Stadium
    • After the game stop by 4th St patio or Ruby Tuesday to celebrate!

13. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost last minute change of plans and I will be able to make the game. If anyone knows of or has any extras, I would certainly appreciate it.

CrewBeat and RoleModel83 repped this.
  14. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For you, I will absolutely ask around. I bought 10 myself for my group. Will re-confirm they're all being used.

15. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only some obstructed view seats left for this one. (obstructed by either a railing or by the TV cameras)

16. Stuffle24

Stuffle24 New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Nashville,TN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    had to sell my tickets, found out this week im not gonna be able to go...completely bummed

17. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    Anyone have a pair?? Just freed up my day..

18. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received some great news today...we got enough money through donations to purchase 12" x 18" size flags. These are pretty substantial in size, and should really look great when the entire section uses them.

20. GuySmylie

GuySmylie New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have one extra nonmember ticket in the GA American Outlaws section for sale. I think the cost was $40. I will be heading down to the match from Cleveland, so I can either do an exchange up here the days before (if the buyer is from Cleveland) or outside the stadium on game day.
    Email me at smyry52@aol.com if interested

21. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was hoping to make the match, but no tix. I wasn't planning on being back East (moved back from the left coast a couple weeks ago). So If there is a pair of tix anywhere let me know!!!!

22. bigal614

bigal614 Member

Oct 19, 2008
    columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if anyone has two tickets i have cash and live in columbus

23. pattysacct

pattysacct Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    if anyone has two tickets i too have cash and will be in columbus all day.. thanks

24. GuySmylie

GuySmylie New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I still have my one available. I should be in Cbus around 6-6:30. Ticket is in the American Outlaws GA section. Nonmember price is $40. If interested, please now email me at GuySmylie@gmail.com since that goes to my phone and i'll be at work until 4.

25. MickiB

MickiB New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I have two extra tickets available in Section 207, 7th row close to midfield. If anyone is interested, please email me at mickib4206@gmail.com -- We paid quite a bit for the tickets, but the other couple we are going with backed out at the last minute...