Travel/Tickets: USA versus Honduras in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (10/10/2009)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by swkfilms, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thinking of making up shirts this week - would anyone be interested in this design? Do you think it is too offensive to the Hondurans?

[​IMG]

2. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahahahaha

What is that statue?

3. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    not personally interested but i dont think its too offensive. just dont care for the bandana look.

4. ctown80

ctown80 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    South Dakota
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wayne, I personally love the idea of the shirt and dont find it too offensive.. Also plato typico's are always delicious and usually very cost friendly down there.. I would hate to see any of us gringo's go all the way to Honduras and be eating at a Ruby Tuesday's or Applebees, try the local food and restaraunts..Plus I have found out from my travels that the locals will gain a better appreciation of Americans in general if you support their local businesses as opposed to big corporate chains..Most of these people make some pretty meager wages down there for the most part, so buying a meal and leaving them a little extra if it was good is a great way to help support their livelihood down there....On a side note, do most places serve gallo pinto down there or can it not be found...I know the Costa Ricans and Nicaraguans often fight over who makes the best gallo pinto, so I would sure like to try the Honduran version to compare if it is offered down there...Last note...Frank you are the freaking man, I will be at your bar Thursday night after my plane lands and I get checked in next week..ctown80

5. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's one of the Mayan ruins at Copan

6. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Yes, they have a rice and beans dish down here, but they don't call it Gallo pinto. Just ask for rice and beans, arroz con frijoles. It has a bit of a cocoanut taste in Honduras

7. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank,

What is the deal with flags, flag poles, banners, etc at the stadium in San Pedro Sula? Can we bring flag poles into the stadium? What about banners?
    This will be a huge help in planning what to bring down for tifo and such.

8. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    tifo? there will be a few dozen of us AT MOST. wear a US shirt, bring a flag....thats all the display i think we will need.

9. ctown80

ctown80 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    South Dakota
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will have my Red American Outlaws shirt, or possibly the red shirt that Wayne is making for the game along with my flag bandana and scarf and what not...Im only bringing carry on for the plane, so I have to pack lightly....Frank, quick question? Does you bar have ESPN from the USA on satelite, which will be broadcasting Nebraska vs Missouri in football on Thursday night?? Thanks, ctown80..

10. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am bringing an 8' x 12' US Flag for unfurling when we score. I'm betting we will have enough people to support that.

Also wearing a red shirt, my USA hat, USA scarf and my AO bandanna. Anyone wanna color coordinate? ;) LOL

11. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    thanks, but im okay without coordination. that seems to cause enough issues here.

12. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little pond of red amongst a vast ocean of white wouldn't hurt but whatever floats your boat I guess. :D

Anyway, I am bringing some flags down and a banner, too. Not sure what the situation is for poles at the stadium though. My guess is no? Yes? Maybe? We're all bring our red AO shirts and US Scarfs. Might bring the Uncle Sam hat. But I bringing all US Shirts with me down there anyway, I got a few jerseys, my Donovan shirt from Objectivio...

13. NYCHammer

NYCHammer Member

Jun 18, 2006

thats fine, wear whatever you like. i dont have any AO gear as im not an AO member. dont know where ill sit or stand, depends upon the tickets too. i have a standard size flag that i bring with me to all the games. of course i will be supporting the US vocally and in dress.....

14. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear ya. I am not part of the fashion police or anything not gonna judge people; just encouraging people to wear red to games as a show of unity.
    Anyway, we'll figure it out when we get there how we'll do banners and flags. We may not have a place to hang them or even fly them so it maybe a non-issue. I am not bringing any of the professional banners I have down with me, all spray paint and bed sheets for this trip.

Also, when I get to Honduras are there any mobile phone shops in the airport? I am going to need to buy a SIM card for Honduras ASAP upon arrival.

15. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Not sure about poles in the stadium, I never tried. YOu can pick up a prepaid phone as soon as you get there, costsabout 7 dollars. 10 cents a minute for calls back to the u.s.

Let me know when you fly in,

16. fdken

fdken Member

Sep 6, 2004
    We don't have satelite in the bar, but there are 2 local espn feeds. I have satelite in my house, and a sling box, maybe I could hook something up for you.

17. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea-I was just joking about the fashion coordinating.

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think of this shirt idea. I can make either of them if you like. I'll check how much blank shirts cost tomorrow.

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go with the red shirts. The idea above is too busy.

19. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

its cool that you want to do something and make some shirts, but personally im okay without it. just not into that kind of thing. overall, im in favor of whatever gets all of us down there supporting the yanks, though....

20. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um...ok.

I just put up a couple of ideas because others who are already going were asking about coming up with a shirt for the trip, so i ran with it. You don't have to buy one.

21. Wayne-o

Wayne-o New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Wilmo, Del
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW-the broadcaster for this match has a list of venues in the US subscribing to the game on their web site.

http://copatvonline.com/

22. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

oh, i know. im sorry if i came off sounding negative. was just responding, as one of the people that will be down there, to let you get an idea of how many you may want to print....

23. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone who ordered tickets from US Soccer received them?

24. Lpool518

Lpool518 New Member

Sep 22, 2009

No, but last week they sent an email saying they expected to deliver them by today....

Does anyone know if they send them via UPS/Fedex or the post office?

25. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got that email. Was just checking to see if anyone had received theirs yet today.