Travel/Tickets: USA versus Brazil in DC 5/30/2012

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by GOREVS3000, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's so silly that they're apparently making people sit in their assigned seat, especially when most (if not all) supporters groups around MLS work on a "first come, first served" basis.

I realize this is a different organization (US Soccer) in a non-MLS stadium, but you'd think that AO and the DC supporters groups could work with US Soccer to make things a GA policy.

2. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chapters have nothing to do with tickets. That is National working at the direction of U.S. Soccer. It's not National's fault either, they try to make every section a GA section. It's U.S. Soccer's call.

3. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it US Soccer making the call or was it under direction from FedEx Field. Some facilities do not like GA sections because of safety/security concerns. If you no not have assigned seats, overcrowding can become an issue do to people crashing the section.

Look at the Spain game last year, where it was a thinly veiled GA event. Seat numbers were on the seats as opppsed to a straight GA on the tix and if someone really wanted their season the ushers were instructed to make sure they got it. But for the most part it was a GA free for all. It could still happen esecially if AO members have all the tickets in 109.

I am sure there will be some moving around in the section as some like to be high, others right at the front. So those with low position who want to be up will switch etc.

I was at a MLS game in Montreal vs. Toronto where the MTL FO told the visiting supporters that the seat on your ticket was going to be strictly enforced and by kickoff they gave up and it was a free for all where you want to sit.

From looking at a photograph sec 109 is in the area of 450 seats. That is an approximate number as I did my best to count out seats.

4. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's U.S. Soccer making the final call after consulting with the stadium. FedEx security are complete asshats...there will be no GA for this match. It's gonna get ugly if their security gets in the mix.

People should never assume every section is GA. If you have a seat number on your ticket, please go to that seat. This isn't RFK where we know the security very well and can make GA happen. This is FedEx, where happiness goes to die.

5. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $5 this ends up a shit show and as GA.

6. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't doubt either...in fact, the shit show is pretty much guaranteed.

7. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was also wondering, will be be able to renew our AO memberships on game day in DC, hopefully at the pre-game gathering at the Laughing Man? If that is where we all end up before.

8. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    National will have has one or two guys handling that, so yes you will be able to do that. You can also renew online at the AO website.

9. mick_donough

mick_donough New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Scranton, PA
    wasn't sure I was going to make it til now but seems like lots of tickets out there.
    What is the supporters section #s? I saw 109 referenced, so if that's it let me know. Thanks

10. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is section 109 , so if you can come on out. Will be a good evening to cheer on the Stars and Stripes.

11. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RFK is a joke!

12. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know its being discussed up their ^^^, but if anyones going to the game, do you plan on sitting in your assigned seat?

CBlake repped this.
  13. CBlake

CBlake Member

May 20, 2007
    North of somewhere
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there is a really good chance the notion of assigned seats is going to go the way of the dodo bird and the section will turn into a GA cluster f@?k.

14. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We highly recommend everyone just go to their seats first and then we can adjust from there. It will reduce the size of the cluster******** that the section will be. FedEx security is awful...please don't tempt them into going postal.

15. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noway. Could have easily sold that place out. It's like 50k

16. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant FedEx...RFK would have been an easy sellout (and much better logistically)

17. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    55,000 sold according to WaPo

18. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    And there should be a decent walk up crowd since it is Brazil and people at the last second will want to see the Likes of Neymar and Hulk.

19. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff this morning said ticket sales are around 60K...I imagine it will be closer to 65K with the walkup crowd. I imagine locals, just getting back to work after the holiday weekend, are playing it by ear and will come out when it looks like they're ahead of the work they had to make up.

Jacksonville had sold 31K as of the day before the Scotland match...attendance ended up being north of 44K. That's a huge walkup crowd, but for Brazil I would no longer be surprised if walkup was 5-10K.

20. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I've traveled to a lot of stadiums and FedEx has to be one of the worst stadiums to get in and out of logistically. Reminded me of traffic jams going in and out of Rustenberg in 2010. Don't get me wrong, the stadium itself was great, getting in and out was horrendous.

21. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    So it's bad enough that the local NFL team has such a racist name, but when did they put in that glowing statue with actual RED SKIN?

22. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FedEx sucks. I really hope we never play there again.

23. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You and all of AODC. We much rather be at RFK. Sadly, the huge number that showed up at FedEx means that the USSF will probably bring matches back there in the future.