Travel help needed

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by astabooty, Jan 22, 2007.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think I only drank like 3 beers during the whole week and I do not recall having one in NY... So freaking cold that hot coffee or chocolate where my choices... :D

Anyways it was an awesome week in the DC/PA/NY area, loved NYtown and to be honest, other than the museum's restaurant and souvenir shops I did not find it so expensive.

Now, back to work to pay for the short vacation.

2. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you can easily make it on the 'cheap' in NYC. However, living in NYC with kids is a whole different ballgame. That's why I moved to Northern NJ about :45min away from midtown. Unless you're willing to spend over a million and afford private schools for your kids (which start at about $25k/per), than it's insanely crazy. Mind you if I told you what I pay in taxes to live where I live in NJ you'd be shocked. But at least we have one of the top school districts in the state so we try to justify it in that regard.
    I used to vacation in Sanibel Island which was really great. But once we had that 3rd kid it just became a bit too long of a process to get there and back. We now vacation in Jamaica (FDR Resorts). You actually get a nanny as part of your package. Totally worth the experience if you just want to relax and connect with your spouse.:cool: