Travel help needed

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by astabooty, Jan 22, 2007.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am trying to find the cheapest flights from miami or fort lauderdale and arriving in san andres. the cheapest i have found so far is a lan flight from mia --> bog --> sa for USD$630. I have found cheaper flights, from $250-360 for mia --> bog, but i do not know how much it would be to get tickets from bogota to san andres. also, if anyone knows how i could get from san andres to providencia, the help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    scuba diving booty?

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    try kayak for other alternatives. Most likely you'l be stuck with Avianca all the way, but maybe Copa or some Central America airlines will flight from Panama or San Jose to San Andres. Or you can try Bogota or Cartagena and get a cheap airline like Aerorecocha (Aerorepublica). Try kayak.com for more options.

To Providencia, probably Avianca and Satena will have service once or twice a day in turbo props, but usually is a nice short flight (40 minutes tops).

For lodging, look for "cabanas de agua dulce", nice and not very expensive. And close to good diving services (good is that they have a boat, a guide and wont' rip you).

Of course last time I was there was 10 years ago!!!:eek:

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dude, you're in FL, you can swim there...:p

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    travlerBooty: do you have to stop in BGta?

if not, book the cheapest flight into any major city iin colombia (Bqilla and catagena best bets) then look into aerorepublica for the transfer to San Andress islas

I heard that sanjose CR....has flights to San Andres too (look into that also)
    I will ask around too
    I spend my honey moon in sanandres few seasons back:p - flew from sanpedro sula Honduras then....

el vuelo de san andres a providencia es de 20 minutos- o 4hrs en lancha, ese se puede reservar en el front desk del hotel donde decidas llegar a san A- recomendacion en Providencia: CASA DE CLARA OCHOA
    recomdacion para Bucear en providencia: SCUBA TOWN y FELIPE DIVING PROVIDENCE
    las recomendaciones son BBB
    bueno-bonito- barato

6. leftback4

leftback4 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is flying to Europe, my coworker sent me an e-mail about a pretty decent winter sale on Lufthansa: link.

That's for Europe flights only though. Most cities have a travel/tourism bureau that would probably be able to answer your questions, or at least guide you in the right direction. A former colleague of mine works in the bureau here in D.C. and they get those calls all the time.

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    when are the flights to London the cheapest?
    I think during the summer months is when they are more expensive, right?
    I want to go to London, visit my cousin, him and his family live there.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I want a trip to colombia june/july for 4......
    if any one sees specials to medallo, pls post here (open to any dates in those months)

Pibe....todo en el verano sube de precio un 30 o 40%
    una vez viaje a espana en feb por menos de 300, desde atlanta, pero en marzo (spring breaks) empieza todo a subir despacio hasta que marca el tope en junio:eek:

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    best buy (they told me)
    go miami - bqilla in american airlines (any special date)
    sample: last week of april from bquilla to sanandres 140 dolares aprox
    search in avianca.com.co 312,000 pesos or 140 (divida pesos por 2230.00 cambio de dolar actual)

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'll take you, we'll go en bus, como los locos de Pereira.........they went from Atlanta to Pereira en moto atravesando todo centro america. :eek:

11. leftback4

leftback4 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno where you're flying from, but the Lufthansa sale I mentioned has flights to London from Houston, Atlanta, Detroit and Dallas. All of them are just over $200 each way.

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It says it has flights from Dulles International, here in Virginia, that's close to where I live, but at the end it didn't come up with any flights, I'll search again later.

13. leftback4

leftback4 New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that is where I fly out of, too. I did a random search for flights to London in February, and I found a bunch of round-trip flights on Lufthansa priced between $500 and $600, which is pretty good.

Anyway, hope you find something cheap. All this talk about traveling makes me wish I were actually going somewhere soon. :mad:

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Those are good deals, the thing is that I can't go in February, I'm just starting the spring semester.....man the only time would probably be during spring break, but I bet the prices go up then.

15. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Has anyone ever gone to the festival del vallenato in Valledupar? how is it? im thinking of going with my friend this april.

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

www.poorbuthappy.com can answer those questions best IMO.

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To all New Yorkers and Jersey inhabitants:

Do you know a good, decent, clean and not so expensive place to stay for a couple of nights? (4 people) Free/affordable parking is a must... I will be in PA next week and might drive to the big apple if weather allows it..

18. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Compared to South FL everything is expensive in NYC...

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Precisely... Have to stretch my S. FL Budget with big apple prices... Is the Long Island City area Ok? I see a Marriot or something like that for $110/nt..

Regarding pricing differences, a girl that used to work at my office moved to LA and went to a McDonalds or Wendys and asked for $1 Nuggets and $1 Fries and every one looked at her like "you crazy".... LOL...

20. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://applecorehotels.com/the-new-york-manhattan-hotel/

hay parqueaderos por ahi cerca.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lic is up and coming, but youll be taking subway at end of night instead of a cab...

23. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    up and coming? dude, LIC is already priced out for most.

For $110/nt that's a steal. A ryu mentions, safe cab ride home after boozing it up is key...trust me, the paseo millonario can be had anywhere in the world

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ended up in Jersey City at the Ramada for around $90/nt including taxes. Very convenient, just around the corner from Journal Square station and a Path ride from WTC or 34th St. Lfsr, those times are long gone but thanks for the advise anyways...

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lol, you're right. I sometimes think I'm still a 20 something but I'm quickly reminded as well by my 3 little kids that those days are long gone!