Trappatoni sucks!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Etchescary, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Etchescary

Etchescary BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 14, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Gio Trappatoni sucks big dick and is inadequate coach. Italy needs a real leader.

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    What a crap post. Can't even spell Trapattoni.

And doesn't this belong in the national team forum?

3. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I agree with last three posts!

moved!

5. lion

lion New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    He was a very good club-level coach in Italy during the 1980's (Juventus, for example).

However, he has fizzled out as a coach during the 1990's both at the national team level (Italy of late) and at the club level (Bayern Munich before 1998).

It is time for him to retire.

6. italia_in_02

italia_in_02 New Member

Jul 24, 2001
    NJ
    AMEN! This guy has a multitude of talent and we can't score goals for ************! Plus, he thinks we can protect a lead for what, 70 minutes? Nah, not gonna happen very often! Bring back Dino Zoff for ************'s sake!

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Trapattoni Took Me For A Ride, Blasts The Divine Ponytail

In an interview held with Italy's weekly newspaper "L'Espresso", Roberto Baggio hit back at Trapattoni's recent statements that said that he didn't call the Dinine Ponytail for the World Cup because "a champion doesn't deserve charity.

"Trapattoni made fun of me" Baggio said. "Before the World Cup, he called me and said 'I won't call you because you're not healthy'. I told him that I felt great. This was a huge disappointment for me, I thought that I deserved a gesture of gratitude, just like they did with Bergomi four years ago".

"I'd like to meet Trap face to face and finally know the true reason" Roby added. "He says that Maldini could still be useful for the Nazionale, provided that he still feels healthy enough to play. But Maldini is just one year younger than me. Paolo is a friend and a great player: but why, in my case, my word wasn't enough?"

8. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Who to say?!

I'm an INter fan and hate roma, but I say bring in Capello. Actually, that would be good for inter, because Roma would lose a good caoch!!!!!!!!

9. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    What a crybaby. Bergomi was called in because Ferrara was hurt. It wasn't a "gesture of gratitude".

10. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    Agreed!!

The simple fact that Di Livio played more than minutes than both Inzaghi and Montella proves that Trap should be released as soon as possible and bring on a coach who doesn't just rely on past loyalties to decide who plays.... and now hes going to lead the team through 2004... I think the Italian Football Federation just wants to continue blame the refs for their early exit from the WC instead of their own players and COACHES.

11. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

jeru... the italian team cant play with 4 forwards.. an di livio is a midfielder, and we all know, italy's biggest weakness was the midfield... i mean we had players going in and out of the starting line-up... di biagio, di livio, doni, and zanetti were all used but not consistently... zambrotta, totti and tomassi were used consistently... and we all know, italy cant play with 4 forwards out there, at times we had 2 forwards and an attacking mid(Totti)... but Del Piero's goal against Mexico showed that he shoudl be used instead of INzaghi... Trap was faced with a dilemna, he had 3 star forwards on his team... Vieri, Del Piero and Inzaghi... not to mention Montella and Delvechio, also... maybe your pics would be different, but it is not a easy decision... i think his only mistakes were his conservativeness, such as playing with only Vieri and Totti up front in the early games...he should have used inzaghi or del piero from the start in those matches to help vieri up front...

12. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    I'm saying that instead of putting Di Livio in to make the outside mids worse.... use the substitution to take out Vieri who always tired late in games... i agree Del Piero over Inzhagi... but the hottest striker on the team (Montella) played the least amount of minutes... and choosing Delvecchio for the squad was a poor decision considering he was the fifth or sixth forward and wouldn't ever have played... why not another outside mid?

13. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

i think they were going to bring Albertini, but after his injury, Delvechio was the next pick... but man, Del Piero and INzaghi are both better and more expereinced strikers than montella, plus montella showed nothing in the single appearance he had in this world cup...

14. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    OK, first of all instead of Delvechio he should have picked Hubner, which I will get to later. . But he should not have chosen a middy. Most team's included five forwards in their teams. Spain, was one that didn't. Against South Korea Raul and Tristan were unable to play and Spain had to play more defensively, and they lost.
    Secondly, MOntella didn't have time to prove anything.
    Thirdly, the only stirker that played consistently was vieri. All the others played a little or were subs. THat is what Hubner should have been, a sub. Trap said before the cup he needed someone who was fit and young who could play ninety minutes. But if i can recall, the only forward that played ninety minutes was Vieri(Totti did not play like a forward!) and if Hubner wasn't fit for 90 how did ne score 24 goals in the serie a???? Hubner should have been there.
    3. Di Livio? anyone but him. Why not Fiore, Tacchinardi, or Ambrosini?
    Forza italia

15. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    Saying Montella did nothing in his single apperance is ridiculous... he had the only assist of the game... Inzhagi did a whole lot less in his appearances... and I dont know about Vieri being the most consistent of the strikers... he missed more easy chances than anyone... example- the open goal chance from 3 yards at the end against SK

16. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    sayingVieri isn't good is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god! He was your friggin top scorer, he scored all of your goals except one. So he misses sometimes and u say they should have tried someone else!?!? Yea, montella was better, and the rest of the team. Vieri carried Italy on his shoulders, without him they would have tied Ecuador, Lost to Croatia 2-0, tied Mexico, and Lost to South Korea 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't critiscizing Montella(if i was the one who said that) I said he didn't have the chance to do much because he didn't play much. And INzaghi had a goal that was somehow disallowed. Vieri is tied in first for Italy's all-time scorers in WC history!

17. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    Quick stat... Vieri scored 0 goals this WC after the 56th min... and you're saying a second half sub for him wouldn't have helped the team...

18. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    ok, do u think Italy did nuch attacking after the 56th minute?

19. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    ... and the only late goal scored by the Italians was set up and scored by two second half subs at the forward position

20. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    can u stop bashing Vieri anyone else would say he's the best italian forward......easily(if u don't include Totti) and by the way, I actually thought Montella should have partnered Vieri, but when was his assist?....

21. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    he was the best forward... im saying he wasnt as fit as he shouldve been... montella assisted del pieros goal

22. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Oh i forgot who assisted DP's.. I thought Veiri seemed pretty fit, but I guess he made some bad misses late in games.... if he wasn't fit he should have just told the coach...

23. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    thats what this thread is all about... Trap didn't realize Vieri could of used a sub... and wasted subs on players like Di Livio... and didnt include other players like Hubner... for all this he should be let go

24. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    yea...... god, whoever picks and sacks the coaches is stupid....Italy were setting their sights on the champioship and they go out in the second round-yet they still keep him? WHAT! I say bring in Capello or Lippi.... or maybe try a foreign coach so they won't play super-defensive

25. Jeru

Jeru New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MD
    what about Dino Zoff?... he led the team to the Euro 2000 final... i dont know about Capello... as a Roma fan I know hes made some very questionable personnel decisions... maybe a foreign coach... but who?