Transfers

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by soccer krazy, Jan 11, 2007.

1. hartley

hartley Member

2. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Song should be a good addition. I'd like to see him perform.

3. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    I hate to bring this up because I admire Charlton dearly, but if you are to get relegated, which players will likely go? I assume one would be Bent...who else?

5. hartley

hartley Member

I don't see many of the starters going anywhere -- no matter relegation. Pardew is making a push to not only stay up, but come back up if necessary. He won't want his best leaving.

If a Bent is going, it would be Marcus. And take a look at some of the older loanees -- like Kishishev. Those types will be leaving -- to be replaced by better and younger.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Wow, Redknapp really likes our defenders... odd since we gave up so many goals.

8. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    bent leaving or staying? dissappointed at charlton being renegated.......

9. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I think he'll be sold.

Although there is a rumor going around that Arsenal are interested in taking him on a one-season loan to replace Baptiste. This would give Arsenal a cheap replacement since they are hardup for money and allow Charlton to keep him if they can bounce back up to the Premier League.

10. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    hmmmm so like are guys not signing zhi or wat??

11. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    Zheng had announced just before the end of the season that he would not sign with Charlton if they didn't stay in the Premiership. He wants to play in England but only in the topflight.

12. Galen

Galen Member

Jul 16, 1999
    El Cerrito
    Rumors today that West Ham is offering Harewood and Mullins as a part-exchange for D. Bent.

I have to say that I prefer the Arsenal loan option; however, if the part-exchange also involves a fair chunk of cash, I'd be tempted by the West Ham offer mainly because I like Mullins and Charlton could use a player like him, a defensive central mid who has some skill as well.

13. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Paddy McCarthy in for £650,000. We got the better part of the deal there - really, he's worth maybe half that. A decent enough player at this level technically but is far too rash to be in a team thats looking to go up, as he gets booked far too often and gives away silly free-kicks. Ended up as third choice once McAuley got settled in, so its nowhere near as much of a coup as signing a captain might sound.
    Still, he was always one who could have been good if he could channel the get-stuck-in nature and up his concentration a bit, so maybe you can turn him into a good player. For the £100,000 we paid, okay value - for the £650,000 you've paid, not really.

14. PKchoppa

PKchoppa New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    GOOOOOOOOOOOO BENT good job for rejecting West ham u are the man i wish some like you moved to top flight english football tho......... stupid zheng for not signing with charlton....