Transfers for 2016/2017

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, May 30, 2016.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally came back to survey the damage. They've burned it to the ground and scattered the ashes. It took me a while to figure out what happened to Ginczek (back in training 8/15, maybe). I'll just have to watch this barely recognizable team until I know the names and numbers again. Gonna miss Harnik (H96) and Kostic (HSV).

Can these new guys get us a top 4 finish? I have no idea.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back! Don't be a stranger!

It'll be curious to see how this team shakes out with the blend of old and new, and a couple (Hosogai & Werner) are both! They got off to a good start, winning against St. Pauli, but were nervy doing it. Hopefully they'll pick up all 3 points against Fortuna as well.

el americano repped this.
  3. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Asano provides an alternate style of forward option and brings some versatility to this team. He's more mobile and agile, compared to Terrodde and Ginczek who fit the traditional targetman mould of striker. Additionally, Asano can drop back a bit and play as a supporting secondary striker.

There's also reports of winger Carlos Mane from Sporting CP, and central defender Benjamin Pavard from Lille being close to completion.

http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfb-stuttgart/plant-doppel-transfer-47541302.bildMobile.html

Winoman repped this.
  5. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you follow the USNT threads, you'll be familiar with this fellow:

811339606813773824 is not a valid tweet id

I wonder which position he would play at VFB, forward or winger?

6. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 Winoman, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per the Stuttgarter Nachrichten, it would appear that Boris Taschy has nixed his transfer to FC Erzgebirge Aue. He would prefer Armenia Bielefeld, but it appears that AB have acquired another player similar to him. Will he stay, or will he go?

Per Google Translate:

9. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also per the Stuttgarter Nachrichten, Hannes Wolf has his eyes on a BVB player, Mikel Merino.

Per Google Translate:

10. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that they are in the B2 I haven't been able to keep up as well.

What is the reason for the players leaving in the January window?

11. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the new(ish) coach, Hannes Wolf, probably isn't as keen on some of the players he inherited, after he's worked with them a bit. And if they're not going to play, they don't want to stick around and warm the bench.

12. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three players transferred in, all in their 20s, the last one got in just under the wire:

https://translate.googleusercontent...ofori/&usg=ALkJrhgEfRHURvw1Bxs3YpU90LkhMCZdIA

https://translate.googleusercontent...ekalo/&usg=ALkJrhgQdzPXKpVjLETD11tWpTvoztSXWQ

https://translate.googleusercontent...guene/&usg=ALkJrhhhmL2oQYgK_IGKp77RP_MPXf4Wxg

14. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a Google-translated article from the Stuttgarter Nachrichten about the three signees:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.die-vfb-neuzugaenge-im-portraet-vfb-dreierpack-koenigstransfer-wunderkind-linksfuss.eefb7117-f4f1-4d60-a995-b314a5204797.html&edit-text=&act=url

15. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn, I forgot Asano was a loan. Brekalo looked like a quality reinforcement against Düsseldorf. I assume the other two are prospects.

16. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, not officially a transfer, but Kevin Grosskreutz is out of the team due to off-the-field shenanigans. I can't say that I saw this coming, though he has been involved in shenanigans at other places. It's too bad, since he is a good player, and a real fan favorite. :(

17. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like a benching for breaking team rules, not a contract-terminating scandal. That sucks! :mad:

18. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that he was out drinking with under-age youth-players on Fasching, then got in a fight with some local toughs outside a bar. It is still unclear to me what happened with the youth-players. Were they also drunk? Did any of them get beat up, too?

Even if the answer is no to both questions, the club just can't let that kind of behavior go on. Parents wouldn't want their kids going to any team/academy that's going to let older (and supposedly wiser) players lead their under-age kids into trouble.

19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/03/03/kevin-grosskreutz-stuttgart-cut-fighting-germany
    Kevin has a history of getting drunk and doing stupid shit

Winoman repped this.
  20. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know very little about this. I do know it took place at Perkins Park, a collection of clubs that is THE place to be seen in Stuttgart if you are trendy and looking to be seen. There are dress codes and high prices.

A guy in his late twenties getting in brawls in clubs where the local beautiful people hang out? Not cool.

Having minors with you and involved!? You GOTTA go.

Winoman repped this.
  21. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Mané had major surgery. He'll be out for six months, minimum. I suppose that's the last time he'll appear for us. Sorry Sporting CP, we broke your loan.