Transfers for 2016/2017

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, May 30, 2016.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a normal season we would have started this thread with hopes of maintaining (at least) the status quo in the B1, if not improving our position. Since we are now looking at building a quality team for the B2, and (hopefully) immediate promotion, there will be even more business in the way of transfers in and out.

Whatever you hear regarding losing, or gaining players, please post it in this thread.

Gone: Serey Dié, Emiliano Insua, Georg Niedermeier, Daniel Schwaab, Toni Sunjic, Federico Barba, Daniel Didavi, Martin Harnik, Filip Kostic, Artem Kravets

Staying: Timo Baumgartl, Mitch Langerak, Kevin Grosskreutz, Christian Gentner, Boris Tashchy

Arriving: Jean Zimmer

Should kids promoted from the U-21s be added to the Arriving list?

If/when there are more updates, please copy and paste to this original list.

JB-Bundesliga and stonesean repped this.
  2. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the most depressing post I'll read all week.

Ugh.

There is zero, ZERO guarantee that Stuttgart gets promoted next season. None.

I have friends who are Freiburg fans living in Freiburg. They told me at the beginning of the season: "You gotta see this Freiburg team, 100% certainty they're going up this season." It came true. Freiburg was practically promoted by January.

Those same guys are saying the same thing I am about VfB. Sad, sad, sad.

Winoman repped this.
  3. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    I hope vfb will give him the regular starting role he completely deserves and well well well overdue to him, otherwise who could possibly blame him for leaving? Seeing him stuck on the bench behind Weidenfeller seemingly forever at Dortmund, only to move to vfb and still play second fiddle to Tyton, is really getting on my tits.

stonesean and Winoman repped this.
  4. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that was just a case of bad timing, and bad coaching.
    Timing: He could have (and would have) started except he was injured.
    Bad coaching: Once he was healthy and ready to play, Kramny wouldn't play him, sticking with Tyton.

I have no idea what Luhukay thinks of him, but I must think that he will be the starter, now.

stonesean repped this.
  5. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stonesean repped this.
  6. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stonesean repped this.
  7. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Far:

Gone: Serey Dié, Emiliano Insua, Georg Niedermeier, Daniel Schwaab, Toni Sunjic, Federico Barba, Daniel Didavi, Martin Harnik, Filip Kostic, Artem Kravets, Timo Werner

Staying: Timo Baumgartl, Mitch Langerak, Kevin Grosskreutz, Christian Gentner, Boris Tashchy

Arriving: Jean Zimmer, Marcin Kaminski

gmonsoon43 and stonesean repped this.
  8. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jerome Kiesewetter has also left the club. It seemed like he was going to leave if they stayed up, but I find it curious to transfer within B2. Although theoretically Fortuna Dusseldorf is a smaller team with more opportunity for him to play. But with such a major roster turn over it is really hard to predict anything from VfB.

http://sbisoccer.com/2016/06/jerome-kiesewetter-signs-with-fortuna-dusseldorf

Winoman repped this.
  10. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm with you about Kiesewetter. I thought he might do well with VfB in the B2, but maybe they told him he wasn't in their plans or something. But you're right, at a smaller club, he should (in theory) get more of a chance.

stonesean and gmonsoon43 repped this.
  11. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stonesean repped this.
  12. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would appear that Stuttgart is trying to get Roy Beerens from Hertha Berlin. He wants to reunite with his former coach Jos Luhukay, even if it means the B2. It's not definite, but looks like it is likely to happen.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...-im-fall-beerens.html#omrss_team_vfbstuttgart

gmonsoon43 and stonesean repped this.
  13. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Lukas Rupp is close to leaving for Hoffenheim:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...nmittelbar-bevor.html#omrss_team_vfbstuttgart

To Date:

Gone: Emiliano Insua, Georg Niedermeier, Daniel Schwaab, Toni Sunjic, Federico Barba, Daniel Didavi, Martin Harnik, Filip Kostic, Artem Kravets, Timo Werner, Jerome Kiesewetter, Lukas Rupp

Arriving: Jean Zimmer, Marcin Kaminski, Simon Terrodde

Uncertain: Serey Dié

14. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gmonsoon43 repped this.
  15. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #18 Winoman, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    To Date:

Gone: Georg Niedermeier, Daniel Schwaab, Federico Barba, Daniel Didavi, Martin Harnik, Artem Kravets, Timo Werner, Jerome Kiesewetter, Lukas Rupp, Serey Dié

Staying: Timo Baumgartl, Mitch Langerak, Kevin Grosskreutz, Christian Gentner, Boris Tashchy, Florian Klein, Filip Kostic, Alexandru Maxim, Philip Heise, Jan Kliment, Daniel Ginczek, Matthias Zimmermann, Mart Ristl,

Arriving: Jean Zimmer, Marcin Kaminski, Simon Terrodde, Benjamin Uphoff, Marvin Wanitzek, Stephen Sama, Max Besuschkow, Jens Grahl, Anto Grgic

Uncertain: Emiliano Insua*, Toni Sunjic*

Although they are in the latest team photo, they are almost certain to leave.

19. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found this tidbit from a Stuttgarter Nachrichten article, primarily about Filip Kostic transferring out:

20. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Date:

Gone: Georg Niedermeier, Daniel Schwaab, Federico Barba, Daniel Didavi, Martin Harnik, Artem Kravets, Timo Werner, Jerome Kiesewetter, Lukas Rupp, Serey Dié, Filip Kostic

Staying: Timo Baumgartl, Mitch Langerak, Kevin Grosskreutz, Christian Gentner, Boris Tashchy, Florian Klein, Alexandru Maxim, Philip Heise, Jan Kliment, Daniel Ginczek, Matthias Zimmermann, Mart Ristl,

Arriving: Jean Zimmer, Marcin Kaminski, Simon Terrodde, Benjamin Uphoff, Marvin Wanitzek, Stephen Sama, Max Besuschkow, Jens Grahl, Anto Grgic, Hajime Hosogai

Uncertain: Emiliano Insua*, Toni Sunjic*

Although they are in the latest team photo, they are almost certain to leave.

gmonsoon43 repped this.
  22. Kingsborough United

Apr 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, New York
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hajime Hosogai has joined VfB. Reuniting with Luhukay

Winoman repped this.
  23. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insua is still with the team. Although he would like to go back to Sporting Lisbon, there have been no offers from them, or anyone else.

Obviously, if he's still with the team on 8/31, he will remain at least until the winter break.

24. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #24 Winoman, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    gmonsoon43 repped this.
  25. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tobias Werner is being given time off from the team to mourn the still-birth of his son. Sincere condolences to Tobias and the Werner family. I can't imagine anything so awful as that. :(

Per the Stuttgarter Nachrichten:
    http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten....pei.caa0216c-b192-4ed1-a0f4-55d45ca24a5a.html

I have no idea if he is any good, or not. I suspect he is a 'project.'