Transfers for 2015/2016

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by el americano, May 28, 2015.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yeah, €18m profit would really open some doors in terms of transfer opportunity and creativity. Ideally, half of that should be re-invested on a couple of quality acquisitions who can provide immediate support. Management did spend a fair amount last year on Kostic. Although he started off the campaign slowly, he made strides towards the second half and ended on a positive note. Likewise with Ginczek, who was also good bargain find. Hopefully the scouts have done their homework this year and have some nice targets lined up.

Several clubs have also inquired about Maxim, in which VfB has responded with a price tag of around €7m. I'm on the fence here regarding this matter. Although he did struggle last season, I'm still a big fan of the lad. With a bit of rejuvenation, he can make a comeback and be an important asset to the team.

Winoman repped this.
  2. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Rudiger is a future national team starter, so I hope we're playing hardball. I'm resigned to him leaving, but I'm not resigned to letting him leave for less than top dollar. I like Maxim too, but he's more replaceable.

Winoman repped this.
  3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sakai is leaving to HSV on a 3 year contract for €700.000. I thought he was decent. Couldn't cross very well, but always played hard and was reliable.

Winoman repped this.
  4. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    He always played as a left-back for some reason, despite being right-footed. I liked him too.

What do you think are the biggest team needs? I'd say a Rudiger replacement, because Niedermeier is useless, and all the fullbacks we can possibly sign. Klein is decent, Schwaab is a center back, and that's about all there is for two pretty important positions.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  5. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Jens 1893: It looks like Tonci Kukoc is coming, although it hasn't been announced.

[​IMG]

If this is really him, and he's coming, :thumbsup:

6. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

If that is him, why would he tweet in English about going to a German club? And why would he curse? It's not him. Plus this is a guy who lasted a year for a bad team in Serie B. I wouldn't get too excited.

7. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a link to the Stuttgarter Nachrichten:

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten....kai.1f299abe-4feb-430c-a7f2-79df48da8a03.html

It doesn't sound like it's a done deal yet, but it sounds like a strong possibility. Kukoc also posted another tweet in German, if that was really him.

8. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I bet it is him, but I also agree that it wouldn't be a signing to get super excited about (not that anybody really is). At least he plays the right position!

Also, match tomorrow!

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Positive start to the summer preseason for Stuttgart, winning 6-3 against a decent opponent in Viktoria Plzen. Several new players with some nice contributions, including goals by Kiesewetter, new signing Kliment, and U19 youth player Ferati. Maxim was a constant source of creativity and assisted on many of the goals. You guys have a lot of quality young talent to work with this year, hopefully Zorniger is the coach who can bring out the best from them. Timo Werner also begins the U19 Euro tournament on Tuesday.

Potato Head, el americano and Winoman repped this.
  10. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Potato Head repped this.
  11. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el americano and Potato Head repped this.
  12. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Forgot about Philip Heise in my fullback post, who had an assist yesterday. So left backs are Heise and Hlousek, right backs are Klein and Schwaab. Still not great, but there are warm bodies at least.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  13. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's official. What a relief. I'm glad we aren't the ones giving him his last chance.

Winoman repped this.
  14. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emiliano Insua is reportedly signed for 3 years from Atletico Madrid. Another LB? We must be confident of shipping Hlousek. After single-handedly blowing the victory against Freiburg and almost getting us relegated, that would a fair result.

Winoman repped this.
  15. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is chatter on Jens 1893 about him, and Hector Moreno (Mexico-CB), too.

Oveki8 repped this.
  16. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Feels like Insua has been around forever but is somehow only 26.

17. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oveki8 and el americano repped this.
  18. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Epitome990 and Winoman repped this.
  19. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I'd much rather have Rudiger than the payday, but that's because I think the payday isn't going to be as big as it should be.

Epitome990 and Winoman repped this.
  20. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Chelsea apparently offered €37m for Everton's CB John Stones. He's a great young player, and he qualifies as a homegrown player for FA requirements, but it's strange that they (allegedly) wouldn't even go to €20m for Rudiger even though he's probably just as good. Makes me wonder if they're going to come back before the transfer deadline if they can't get some of their other targets.

21. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will anyone come calling if he's still injured?

22. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Ruediger's already in Rome for a medical check. Landed yesterday, already took pictures with Roma scarf.

23. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So Rüdiger has supposesigned for Roma. Rumor has it that Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli is the candidate to replace him. Alternatively, a loan of Matthias Ginter is supposedly in the cards.

Winoman repped this.
  24. gmonsoon43

gmonsoon43 Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  25. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    From what I understand, it's actually a mutual option, so Roma will have to take Rüdiger if Stuttgart says so. It was done to circumvent the financial fair play rules apparently.

Winoman and gmonsoon43 repped this.