Transfers for 2014/2015

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, May 6, 2014.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    According to multiple sources we just rejected a €7m bid from Swansea for Alex Maxim. For someone we're pretty clearly going to be selling that's a nice sum of money to be turning down. Good news, I guess?

3. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's one thing to sell, and to re-load with young talent using the proceeds from the previous sale. But if they're going to sell players and not buy replacements, the academy kids - who will replace them - had better be pretty darn good.

I haven't seen any of that, except hearing that there are good kids in the academy. Joshua Kimmich was sold to Scheiss-Bayern for €7.000.000, but the team is using the proceeds to pay-down debt. So there's one potential talent who is not going to do squat for VfB, because they sold him to a rival.

Are there any VfB fans out there that know what is going on with the team's finances, or does no-one know about their finances, including Stuttgart?

4. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    New Sporting Director Robin Dutt has "made no secret" of his interest in signing center-back Hector Moreno in January from Espanyol on an initial loan deal with an option to buy in the summer. Link

Probably the best name I've seen Stuttgart linked with in this window.

Winoman repped this.
  5. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgart reportedly opening up the checkbook to the tune of €0.34million for Basel's Serey Die, a 30-year-old Ivorian midfielder of little renown.

Deadline day could still be exciting. Swansea still want Maxim, Spurs still want Werner and we still want Younes Kaboul.

Winoman repped this.
  6. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Now that I've thought about it I've decided that I do actually like the Die signing. Watched a little video, he's a short, athletic, powerful defensive midfielder. A little like Romeu actually. It's not at all a position of need, he's 30, and we're probably still terrible, but he's a regular first choice for the best national team in Africa and we got him for pocket change.

7. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he can help stabilize the spine of the defense, it will be a good thing. VfB desperately needs scorers, though. It looks like there isn't one coming in this transfer window.

8. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.vfb.de/en/aktuell/meldun...offroy-serey-die-feb15/page/3532-1-1-.html?f2

http://www.vfb.de/en/aktuell/meldun...rey-die-portrait-feb15/page/3533-1-1-.html?f2