Transfers 06/07

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by gaijin, Jun 1, 2006.

1. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I dont think, his club let him go to ne rivals..aka; Fenerbahce,Galatasaray,Besiktas.

There for, I gues its all dipends on which EPL club will land Him.
    Boro went there and talked face to face. with club with player.
    I do agree , that Boro is lead the race.

Newcastle ..umm i dont know...
    Rovers..maybe Tugay will make change his mind..

Lets see.
    Whereever he choice, I think ,he will add too many offansif works.

Regards
    iwa

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    No problem.

The rules were not in place when Ferguson became manager and did not apply to Roy Keane because he was not a Premiership manager. They were put in place for a very good reason and the rules were bent to allow Southgate to take charge. Despite that, it still looks like he will fail to complete the required courses in the timeframe he was given. Southgate being inept and not having his required badges are two different issues.

His outburts were incorrect and some of them ridiculous. I'm not going to debate individual incidents again because they have been dealt with previously. Suffice to say that your 'opinion' has more to do with club bias and hatred of Ronaldo than the truth.

Transfer wise he has simply continued McSven's work and got Woodgate (he merits no praise for that). His own transfers have been pretty miss, like Robert Huth (who you failed to mention) and Jason Euell (by your own admission). Others have impressed in spells (Arca) or still have serious questions regarding their future (Dong-Gook). Tuncay should be a success but Aliadière? His transfer dealing have more questions than answers.

League wise this season will be the test. He inherited McSven's side and continued his work. Now there have been major changes and it has became his side. The coming season is the test, providing he has the rules bent again in his favour and is allowed to take charge.

Perhaps you should be 'typeless' as well. I previously had no reason to visit this ghost board.

Irrelevant. Fletcher has been a very good player for Man Utd, as has O'Shea. Both made key contributions this season and in previous seasons. It's funny seeing an Arsenal supporter whine when they would love to have their experience in the Arsenal squad. I have dealt with transfers previously.

Claiming his dived three times is a lie and therefore the rest of your thoughts regarding him are rendered irrelevant. Ferguson only spoke out after your manager and captain continued to pass comment to the press. He was correct in doing so. There is a difference between being 'honest' and making outlandish comments to anyone who will listen. His is a very naive manager, as Ferguson stated. I have dealt with transfers previously.

3. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

What good reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vKu-nMqsY

Need i say any more?

WHAT??

That is absolute horseshit, Mclaren left in May 2006. Woodgate signed May 2007. What are you on? Even the loan deal had him joining late August...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5288358.stm

True but i thought it harsh to judge concidering his injury problems, i prefer to base an opinion on something other than bias....

Yes and as i said he was bought on the cheap so no real damage done.

Sorry i forgot you watch boro play week in week out so can judge. Arca has been fantastic since he came here.

Dong Gook needs to have a pre season and some playing time before he can be judged, he was coming back from serious injury.

Tuncay, wait and see, but he has proven international/Champions league/Domestic league scoring record.

Aliadiere, was not an expensive buy, he has the potencial to be a good signing, again another wait and see, but again it won't break the bank should it not work.

I agree, this season will be a test, it will be entirely his team that takes the field and he has had a year to settle into the job and get his coaching/tactics installed into the team ethos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7vKu-nMqsY

Want to talk anymore bollocks?

4. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

AND you question our managers signings when you have spent £30,000,000 on 2 unproven players.

Granted they could come good, but that is no guarantee...

Especially Nani who i have seen play more than a few times.

5. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    At which point did I say he dived 3 times? I didn't. For a start, one was for handball, so obviously couldn't have been a dive. As for the one at Old Trafford in the FA Cup, I thought it was a penalty.

My point was about the one in the league game. There is no way on earth Fergurson can defend that, yet he does. Why was it wrong for Southgate to say what he did? Was what he said wrong? No it was not, it was a dive.

I have no hatred for Ronaldo at all. I was just saying that you criticise Southgate for his comments but you seem to think it is ok for Fergurson to make the comments that he has done. But as it is him, he has been able to get away with comments like that for years.

Can't agree with your opinions on transfers either. Especially about LDG and Arca who I agree entirely with Boro_Lad on.

As for his ability, we finished two places higher in the league which isn't bad considering he let experienced players such as Parlour, JFH, Ehigou and Mendieta (who although hasn't left might as well have considering the amount of games he has played in) go. With a bit more luck, we could have been in a FA Cup Semi-Final which I would like to think we could have beat Watford and succured a European place.

Which is even more remarkable when he doesn't have his badges, which you keep holding against him. Even though it is an irrelevant qualification considering how successful Les Reed was, and he had every badge going!

Yes I know that it is a rule, but he had gone from being a player straight to being a manager during the close season. It's not like he had plans to retire from playing at the end of the season so had plans in place to get his qualifications. I think he had 2 years left on his playing contract.

Did you also notice that no other chairman complained about the decision? The only people who complained were out of job managers who resent not getting another crack at the whip and Fergurson who just used it to stick in a dig.

6. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, lads welcome to the world of misery that is Teso Dos Bichos... I like the notion that having to manage within a budget is irrelevant. Must be nice to be Man Utd or Chelsea.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Rather than splicing the post, I'll add all of my response down here.

1. To prevent inexperienced managers from getting top flight jobs. If a player wants to manage in the Prem then they need to prove their worth either by getting the required qualifications or proving themselves at a lower level. A sensible decision given some of the shite the Premiership has seen.

2. Aside from it being posted by 'KopOut', it was not a dive. Schwarzer came out feet first and Ronaldo tried to side step him to avoid the tackle. He lost his footing and fell because of the pace he was doing it at. The referee correctly deemed that Schwarzer would have fouled Ronaldo had the latter not tried to avoid it. Therefore the intention was there and it was a penalty.

3. Woodgate was a McSven target and all Southgate did was follow it up. How is saying Huth has not been a good signing biased? At least we agree with Euell. Being signed cheaply is not an excuse for being a poor player or not being a success. Arca was very poor at the start but has played well in central midfield. He still has some way to go though, as he is capable of much more. We agree about the other faces.

4. We agree about this season being the test.

5. See #1. Cut out the crap and stop the insults.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    They are structured deals with large portions based on future success. If it all works out then they will clearly be worth the money. That is the 'guarantee'. It is also the price you need to pay for top young talent, particularly when all of the elite clubs are interested in them. We did not want to sign either this season but the interest from other clubs forced our hand. I've seen a lot of both. They are clearly for the future and will need time to adapt to the Premiership and develop (both physically and their game). I'm looking forward to watching that process, as should fans of good attacking football. It is great to see young talent move here rather than take the easy life in Spain. I only hope they are not subjected to the same abuse that Ronaldo got.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Apologies, that should have been directed towards Boro_lad. I have dealt with most of your post above. As for Ferguson, he responded after Southgate and Boateng had made several remarks about targeting Ronaldo. He was fully justified in doing so. If you love how Southgate speaks out (even when he is wrong or out of order) then you must allow others to respond. In addition, Ferguson's comments about qualifications was because he was heavily involved with the LMA and therefore expected to respond about the issue.

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The land of misery that has been correct about everything I have posted on the Arsenal board? No need to feel bitter Val and no need to take your pathetic whining in regard to me to another board. Your last two comments are a joke and merits no further response.

Apologies for the quad post. I though it would be easier to follow than one big post.

11. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    But if I remember correctly (please correct me if I was wrong), Fergurson didn't make a comment on the issue until his spat with Southgate. If he really believed strongly in it, then he would have said something at the beginning of the season.

Still don't agree on Arca. He broke a bone in his first apperance for us, and then was going to need time to get back to the pace of the Premiership after a lenghty lay-off.

12. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

It's not like it is a job where people lives are in the hands of the manager, so why MUST a manager have qualifications, it's not like you need any specific safety skills or anything like that, not like they can be sued for negligence if a club wants to hire an unqualified person they can do what they want.....

As someone pointed out before, Les Reed has every qualification under the sun, didn't stop him from becoming a joke of a manager.

You keep telling yourself that, it was a dive, you know it i know it they world knows it, it is there in plain video, it was a DIVE no argument, you just make yourself sound and look stupid saying it wasn't

McLaren left in may after announcing he was leaving, Woodgate announced in August he was looking for a loan move back to England, how can you say that the loan signing was McLarens signing, and Southgate was the one who got him to sign on a permanent basis, so he should be 100% credited for that, and also for the loan signing too. So stop bringing that up, YOU ARE WRONG

Arca broke his leg at the start of the season so WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, you clearly have no clue so stop commenting, again you make yourself sound and look stupid.

Being signed cheap is a good excuse as we have not lost out. he was signed as cover, we have not really needed the cover, and so hasn't played much.

How about we highlight some on Man Utd's wasted millions shall we....

David Bellion (£2 mil)
    Eric Djemba-Djemba (£3.5 mil)
    Tim Howard (£2.2 mil)
    Kleberson (£5.9 mil)
    Louis Saha (£12.82 mil)
    Gabriel Heinze (£6.9 mil)
    Patrice Evra (£5.5 mil)
    Fabien Barthez (£7.8 Million)
    Juan Sebastian Veron (£28.1 Million)
    Roy Carroll (£2.5 Million)
    Diego Forlan (£7.5 million)
    Ricardo Lopez (£1.5 million)

To name but a few

Again, stop talking bollocks, you just get shown up....

13. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Think we'd all learn more following shit stains in a toilet

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    A quite laughable series of posts that requires no further response. When you want to have a sensible dicusssion, without the insults and ignorance, then send me a PM.

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We don't. We want you to leave.

16. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

In other words, you have nothing to come back with as you have been proven wrong in evey single one of your arguments.

Cease it!

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Tough.

It is exactly what I said.

18. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

No, whereas i replied and shot down each of your points, you had nothing to retort and so now you look stupid as your lack of knowledge on the subject is laughable.

19. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Unless you have nothing better to do with your life, ignore Teso's next reply, or he will drag this out ad nauseum. He has a pathological need to get in the last word, which on the internet is possible. Teso's not really a troll, because he does want to talk soccer, but it is best to ignore him. Sorry that I didn't take my own advice.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Did you forget your meds or is reading comprehension a difficulty of yours?

If you do not wish to read my posts then use the ignorance feature. I'll only respond if I see the need to. Unfortunately the previous poster had been spouting rubbish that required my response. Since he is clearly incapable of sensible discussion, he would do well to bite his tongue and not further embarrass himself.

21. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Nope, you are WRONG

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You should put your fingers in you ears and start shouting.

23. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Wrong again.

That must be really annoying, being wrong ALL the time

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Would you like us to guess your mental age?