Transfers 06/07

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by gaijin, Jun 1, 2006.

1. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Aliaalithingy linked with M'Boro ..

2. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    According to www.ntv.com.
    ''tv flash sportsnews''

Turkish star Tuncay Sanli signed for 4 year deals with Boro.

Regards
    iwa

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It will be sad to watch that idiot Southgate mismanage a talent like Tuncay.

4. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Imo,

Where is he gonna play in the Southgate 'system/tactics'....

Could you please open your comment more about it.

Thanks.

iwa

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'll do it later on, need to make an airport dash.:eek: :D

6. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Ok mate:)

7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You know, it takes a certain amount of tactlessness to come into someone else's forum and pass judgment about their coach. Personally, it's kind of exciting for Boro fans to have a Tuncay coming, and you should take your "sadness" back to the Man Utd forum.

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Could be an interesting attacking team, depending on how Aliadiere handles potential full time play (something he never really got at Arsenal) and Tuncay acclimates. OK, I'm excited.

9. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

@

Wow......Imo

Boro,Rovers,Toon at the battle of Gokdeniz Karadeniz sign........

according to sports press.
    --->

http://www.fansfc.com/middlesbroughfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=168389

Blackburn Rovers,Boro,Newcastle United looking for sign Him.

He is one of the best winger in the League.
    He can play right wing and aswell two top.
    Right Winger.
    he can play both wing and forward.

Very fast, an amazing dripler(spell?), very good with the ball/move,
    highly offansive...
    there is lot to say about Gokdeniz.

just watch the Greece vs Turkey game ''euroe qualifer ''
    you can see small part of magic by gokdeniz.

I realy wonder ,where he is gonna sign.

Any bed?.

Regards
    iwa

10. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    Hopefully here if he is as good as you say. Must admit I've never even heard of him before but we have been crying out for a right-sided player since Geremi was here. Would finally stop teams doubling up on Downing as our only outlet in midfield.

Gibson has said that we are looking at bringing in 1 or 2 spectacular signings this summer. Assuming Tuncay is one, I wonder who the other will be?

I can't wait to hear what Teso Dos Bichos has to say for himself regarding Southgate.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He will not replace Downing on the left-wing and by all accounts Middlesbrough are looking for a right-winger as well. Looks like he will rotate with their striking options unless Southgate goes for a 4-3-3 but I doubt it because of the current composition of the squad. We'll need to wait and see the rest of their transfer activity.

I could say the same about you passing judgement. I have nothing against Middlesbrough fans or their club but Southgate is an idiot.

For starters he should not have even be allowed to manage because of his lack of qualifications. His various idiotic outbursts towards rival players, managers and referees is also a black spot against him. Transfer wise, tactically and his sucess are also not great. He's lucky to have inherited a decent side from McSven.

12. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Officially talking out of your arse.

FACT

13. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    @Tony,

He is too good.
    Iam realy just wonder, whther his team let him go..
    because of supporters and local media pressure is very heavy and difficult.
    after they lost another top star of the club ,aka Fatih Tekke to Zenith ''good money''.

I doubt they let him to go EPL clubs.
    but, the club is finacial problem, therefor Iam guessing that ,his club will sell him to EPL clubs.

I read in the EPL news,
    Boro coach want wing plays peace games etc..
    there for, Tuncay Sanli sign is was the main target.
    mission is done.
    Tuncya can play two top...he can play left wing and the behind the two top.

@

it goes same to Gokdeniz ,just Gokdeniz is right wing play more..
    aswell plays for two top and behind the two top.

@Teso

Thanks for the replay mate.

Thats well explaine to me.

Regards
    iwa

14. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Just thought i would go into more detail as i'm bored.

Alex Ferguson does not have these qualifications. Roy Keane does not have these qualifications. Does it make them inept? i think not.

Idiotic outburst, pointing out that Man Utd last year got 3 crucial penalties last season, all of which were the wrong decision from the ref and cost us a place in the FA cup semi final on 2 of those occasions. Rightfully points this out.

Transfer wise not great? So far signed, Arca = Success, Woodgate = success, Euell = not a success but cost us little, Aliadiere = cheap unproven but wanting to prove himself, Tuncay = Free international looks a very good signing. Also the club have come out and said 3 more signings and expect big name.

He has improved the teams league position by 2 places from last season in his first year with a squad that isn't his. He has been trying to make Boro play with more attacking flair and pace, and this shows in his recent signings.

So your points are all based on nothing but your bullshit.

15. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, you could, but you would be wrong. In what looks like your first post in this forum in over 19 months, you come in and slam a manager who has less than a year on the job. If you believe my comment about your lack of tact equates with your actions, well, I have finally been made speechless on the internet.

Let's see, he let a high wage Jimmy Floyd and Bolo Zenden go. While Man Utd have the money to keep a Fletcher or an O'Shea, despite their wildly erratic performances, Boro do not, and letting them go was good for the club. And let's see, he added Woodgate on a loan, when most coaches in England wouldn't have touched him with a 10' pole. And then he convinced him that it would be good to stay. And then he got Aliadiere (no big deal) and Tuncay (big deal) on frees. I'd say he's doing alright transfer wise.

Tactically, I don't know if he's going to be any good, but I'm willing to give a guy more than a year.

16. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    The only oubursts he made about rival players was Ronaldo. At which point was he wrong? In the league game, he clearly dived, so where is the problem? The only idotic statements were being made by Fergurson. Who claimed that every decision was correct. How can he possibly defend Ronaldo for that first dive? He even goes as far as saying O'Shea got the ball at Old Trafford without touching the player.

Fergurson then made comments about Boro before the game in the attempt to influence the referee. Why is he allowed to do this but as soon as Southgate does, it becomes idotic?

Perhaps Southgate was a bit naive with his statements but it was refreshing to see him being honest after the crap that we had to listen to when McClaren was manager. Telling us every game that we were 'magnificent' and 'tremendous spirit'.

You can't really knock his transfer ability yet. Woodgate good signing, Arca good signing, Euell hasn't worked out but was only £300k. Huth has been unlucky with injuries but you can't blame him for that. LDG needs time to settle but has shown he has potential. Alladaire I don't personally rate but he hasn't even played a game yet plus Tuncay. What is so bad about his activity in the transfer market?

Tactics you can have. But he is in his first year and is learning so it is to be expected that he will make mistakes.

17. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    This is what our local newspaper seems to think is happening regarding Gokdeniz Karadeniz.
    http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/borofc...bjectid=19295563&siteid=109975-name_page.html

18. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Dear TonyM

Thank You for the comments about it.

-What is your personal opinion about Gokdeniz Karadeniz transfer possibilty?..

How is chance by ''%''...

Thanks
    iwa

19. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Would welcome the signing, he is the kind of player we want to see, the chances of him coming are pretty good, though it appears that Fenerbache, Newcastle and Blackburn are all chasing him if rumours are to be believed, but i would say we have as good a chance as any of those teams to sign him, we'll wait and see!

20. TonyM

TonyM New Member

May 7, 2007
    UK
    I have no idea to be honest. It depends on how highly they rate him as the article said they don't want to get involved in a bidding war for him and pay over the top. If it becomes an auction, they will probably walk away as they seem to be looking at alot of targets at the moment.