Transfer window rumors?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by patfan1, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol that price keeps going up every time i see it. first 5 then 5.7 now 7.5. honestly, 5 would've been a massive bargain.

2. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors are that Kenwright's saying they're still working on another possibility.

Kipper's saying Defour's being looked at again. Apparently reports in Spain saying Banega's not a done deal either. :cool:

4. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Excellent news!

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind. :eek:

6. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I forget who said we shouldn't settle, and yes I defo agree with that. I just think not being happy with ANY signing is a bit extreme. moyes got 3 players signed and jo on loan for the season. that's pretty good for a club with no resources. :)

COYB! we got three players that will defo challenge for a starting spot and that is just a good thing all around IMO. we addressed some of our needs, not all of them obvs, but we get 1-2 players in each year that upgrades, we'll get there. I know we will!

Davey Moyes, Davey Moyes, He's got red hair and we don't care, Davey Davey Moyes!!! :)

7. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone else could still be announced. Remember Fellaini wasn't announced till 3:30 am GST.

8. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://evertonblogcouk.blogspot.com/2009/09/transfer-latest-johnny-on-spot.html

he cares about money more than...

anyway im happy we got him. he was rated higher than the reported max 7 mil that Atletico Madrid will get. In the long run the books are still balanced. Good job.
    At first, I thought oh no this is a guy who will start getting other players to swarm for better contracts. It still may happen but it appears that it is a sound financial move. We have talent now in the back. What does this mean for hibbo and jags when he gets back?

Banega's addition would've been insane. We got that attacking mid fielder in bily. Banega can still be had on loan in January. I think we're through with signings now. I am very happy with the new additions and the way they went about getting the guys.

9. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    I think Heitinga can play both center back and right back, so maybe we have a back line of Baines Yobo Distin Heitinga, until Jags returns and gets Yobo's spot (certainly for the ANC).

10. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Ah, perhaps I should have read the link first; I guess he is a right back to begin with. Anyway, competition for places in the back is good and with Yobo out for ANC, plus all of our Cup competitions, we need the depth.

11. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heh it's one of those good problems to have ;-).

12. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i just read that the window is open till 4pm EST, which'd be 9pm GST. I'm so confused.

also isn't there that thing that if you get the papers in but need a physical etc, you can still sign them after the physical even if the deadline has passed, because they had the "we intend to sign if this is completed" doubt we'll get another, but you never know with moyes :)

my head hurts from all the anticipation! (never from the cold I refuse to admit I am prolly getting tho ;))

13. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup. the deadline isn't a hard deadline. just need all the right signatures in on time. even then there's room for leeway. remember arshavin to arsenal last window?

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kenwright's now been quoted as saying there's nothing else.

15. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they got everything they needed. and then some.

16. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    four bodies to replace the four we lost plus one for lescott? and jo doesn't count towards that because he was here at end of last season...

would have really liked to see 1 or 2 more, but 3 is damn good for us. BK is so full of shit. the more I hear his statements "we're giving him funds" etc. its just bs. we only spent after we were paid. grrr. :mad:

lets see though, 3 new, 1 return loan, Yak getting there, Mikky almost here... Yippeee! :)

17. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure they bend the rules for teams like Everton.

Arsenal: have trouble signing Arshavin by the deadline? No problem -- we'll give you an extension so you can get the player you "deserve". :rolleyes:

Liverpool: finish the season in 5th place and out of a spot in next season's Champion's League? No problem -- we'll create a special exemption so that you can still play in the competition to defend your title. :rolleyes:

Man United: playing mediocre during a game and looking like you might not earn 3 points? No problem -- we'll call a PK or two on the opposition to make sure you get the win you "deserve". :rolleyes:

18. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seem as jaded as I am! Awesome!

19. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol looks like some people are getting spoiled

20. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take it for what it's worth ... ESPN Soccernet grades each of the teams on their window moves...
    Only three teams graded out higher.

21. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup we got exactly what we needed and then some.

22. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the resumes of the players we picked up, it certainly seems as though we did pretty well in the transfer market this summer.

But then again, we're depending a lot on the new players from Europe doing well.

For whatever reason, Moyes seems to be a lot better at evaluating the ability of Championship talent to succeed at the Premiership level -- e.g. Jags, Lescott, Cahill.

Than evaluating players from European leagues: Van der Meyde, Valente, Kroldrup....:eek:

23. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it can't just be moyes. the scouts all have their say. also references from other bosses are important as well.
    arteta, fellaini, peanut have done well. it usually is a mixed bag. you can't win all the time. some guys just don't transition well or their game doesn't fit what you want them to do.

24. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Valente was not that bad

Arteta was not bad. Yobo has given us great service. Steven Pienaar was inspired business as well.

25. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. Unfortunately, he got on such a bad injury streak that he really didn't have a chance to show how good a player he could have been for us.l