Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Monchi wants Preozsi to buy him now since they are getting the 35m from Piatek up front.

2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    #1127 L'immortale, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    It isn't even as high as it was in the past though... We are at around 98.6m this year...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I still can't understand why SES gets so much unmerited hate around here...

porreca, Moebek, DOctore13 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

JoãozinhoFutebol and shiboboo repped this.
  5. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Because he's a one trick pony, and a turnover machine, and can't get by a defender for the life of him.

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's true that we can't even spend 3 mil then there is something very wrong. We have made some enormous sales the last 2 years.

porreca repped this.
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ..but why does Perotti get a pass? He's just the opposite, he'll dribble by defenders but then does absolutely nothing with the ball once he gets into the final 3rd

Forzaabruzzo and muptonfish repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Good. Genoa told Monchi that Piatek costs 70M, then agreed to sell him for half of that to Milan, I would have been disappointed if he let that slide just like that.

Make the Milano secret agent sweat.

9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yeah, its still high compared to our revenues. Considering that most of our highest earners are old/injured, next summer will be a good opportunity to slash the wage bill. Give raises to some kids who earned it, the rest could be savings to lessen the need for plusvalenza every summer.

10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    BS, he creates space for others and makes good passes. Something none of our other wingers are capable of.

11. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About half of the top 10 wage earners here need to be moved on

Java65 and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  12. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #1137 Hustle and Flow, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Perotti is twice the player SES is , he just isn't that great of a finisher.

I wouldn't say he's useless in the final 3rd at all. It just might not show up in the stat sheet.

His intelligence and movement opens up a lot of things for our attackers. Particularly Kolarov on the overlap , which has coincidentally (or not) been a non-existent part of our attack since he's been out.The way he draws multiple defenders and makes the correct pass at the correct time is something we just don't have when he's not there.

SES works harder defensively, has more pace, and can pop up with an occasional goal. That's about it. His understanding of the game and contribution to buildup is at a mid-table level.

13. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I wouldn't say slashing the wage bill is necessary. I think restructuring it is , though.

Like Shen-0 said, there's quite a few guys at the top of that list that should probably be making less or should be sold.

Sidenote , I know ADL is bat-shit , but the amount of hate that guy receives from his own fan base is hilarious. The evidence is clear: it's one of the best run clubs in Europe.

wm72, Haakon24 and Java65 repped this.
  14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1139 Java65, Jan 24, 2019
    See, I think he and Kolarov don't work at all together. I think Kolarov is much better when playing with Kluivert or SES than Perotti.

I just have never saw what you mention in Perotti, on the contrary I think more often than not he dribbles himself into untenable positions which don't lead to any real threats.

IMO, there is a reason in the 2 previous seasons SES and Perotti have nearly identical assists (playing roughly the same minutes). Perotti issue is not only scoring, as his lack of assists suggest he does very little in the final third with the ball... scoring or setting up others. Add to the fact he's not setting up others to score, he cannot score.

I will say this, I do think Perotti does not get nearly enough credit as a defender and, IMO, I think he's probably a better defender than SES.

15. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don’t think it is a coincidence that Perotti’s production declined with Kolarov joining the side. They don’t work well together at all, IMO, with redundant desires to carry the ball down the touch line.

Shen-O and Java65 repped this.
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last season SES played 2612 minutes and had 7 assists and Perotti 2364 minutes and had 5 assists. Very similar numbers in 16/17 as well. I'm not even going to get into goal scoring.

The end result matters. If Perotti cannot set up others or score himself then dribbling past 5 guys doesn't really matter.

Forzaabruzzo and JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  17. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Perotti is not some untouchable player either, there’s plenty of more efficient, more talented, younger players

Java65 repped this.
  18. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    1 week of the market left... please god give us something.

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #1144 La Magica, Jan 24, 2019
    sigh or lol. no sure which one.

The injuries this year are brutal but Im not sure about finding a lot of talented younger players to bring what he has. We seen the difference he made against Sassuolo, lets not forget that this was during a very difficult time. He came back just when we needed and put in a good shift to steady the ship. His game understanding and ability to do the right things time after time gives the team structure on that side and in leads to a better game from the attack as a whole.

Perotti has always stood out above other wingers because of his brain for the game. Few wingers can play across the front 3 and be arguably just as dangerous in the center.

I know a lot of people are giving up on him right now. Until he moves on, I will support him at this club because he is a difference maker.

I have seen kolarov ball hog and it did reduce Perottis role last season. Perotti is too much of a team player who'd hold it up and lay it to the outside for kolarov more times than not. If theres one thing he needed to do it was be more greedy. He has in the previous years beat people and put in quality crosses that you would think a big number 9 would love but Dzeko is not about that.

SES has his uses but to compare just stats and ignore how the overall team play functions when comparing the two is a case of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Haakon24, Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  20. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He’s also older, been injured a lot and on a massive wage. So having SES there is Ho can provide better output for a longer period of time is a better decision. We’ve moved on from much better players in the past.

21. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Yet hes leading the squad in scoring while being a rotational player who is making a fraction of what our start CF is earning. Yet somehow he merits more hate and criticism that others? Its ridiculous.

whill4, Shen-O, Moebek and 2 others repped this.
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #1147 La Magica, Jan 24, 2019
    You see this is where I believe people can get a little carried away to quickly with the recent results. SES did well enough in the last game but we have seen his struggles throughout the season in tight games. Tactically he doesn't have the understanding to be in positions that allow us to control the final third and unlock tight defenses.

Perotti does that naturally and is why he is a much more rounded football player. Both have uses, styles like Perotti is just much, much harder to find in the game and today they are highly underrated. His age is not a concern for me at 30 because of his skillset but the injuries I dont dispute and that is what will be the decider for him.

SES however has a knack worth considering before you sell. If you have a younger player, on decently low wages, is happy with his role and can score from nothing, its not a bad tool to have in the team. I could write a lot more on SES because I think better coaching at the right time as a young player could have seen him become a truly special player.

shiboboo repped this.
  23. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card