Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm delighted to see Gerson get those heavy minutes and starts at Fiorentina. It's exactly what we/he needed. We'll almost certainly get a better player back. His ability on the ball, in terms of simply not losing it, is superb. Always was. If only Lo Pelle/Cristante could protect their possession as well as Gerson does.

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No its a shame because in this difficult moment we need experience, not a young kid whos clearly not ready yet. He should have been continued to be used as a super sub. For those who were getting excited and demanding him to start after that first appearance, it should be clear to see the huge difference between looking good as a sub and starting against sides like Bologna away. Right now Roma cant afford to be giving a spot to a kid learning on the job.

Marco9, Java65 and ErPupone repped this.
  3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not singling you out but everyone keeps talking about all the departures. We lost 2.5 starters. Alisson, Radja and Strootman. We can certainly debate if the squad is weaker or stronger than last year but it's indisputable that there is more than enough talent for EDF to have molded some sort of cohesive unit to beat the likes of Bologna and Chievo.

Monchi also did the majority of his buying before training camp even started so EDF had all summer to get them ready. An entire summer and 5 games into the season and this team looks more disorganized than they did before camp.

All I see is 11 guys who look liked they get together every Sunday after church to kick the ball around. There isn't a semblance of organization or tactics.

IMO, I think this club is not as good as last year but they have enough talent for EDF to have organized them enough to beat bottom feeders.

4. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You want to talk about not giving a spot to a young kid learning, well why not? Last year the only player that created a spark after winter was Under! The same debate was being had last season about him starting games... without Under and Allison bailing us out every match we wouldn't even be in the Europa league (lets not forget we were lucky that Inter and Lazio shat the bed as much as we did last season)

SES contributes nothing, I understand Kluivert is young but he has been the only one creating anything in this team when he's been on the pitch (especially in the last match where I saw nothing from the other players). I get that Kluivert is still raw and over ran the ball a few times but SES does this every match? If not he passes back to the defence or laterally because he can't beat a player for his life...

What more evidence do you need? are we supposed to watch another 5 games of dire performances from players who are past it?

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Perotti started very well but naturally the first game back he faded and if circumstances were as expected he would have been coming off around 60-70 mins and he might not have this injury now.

Under didnt start either at the beginning of last year because he wasnt ready to. He exploded with a handful of games in a row but has shown the same as you would expect from most young players since, another who is learning on the job. This seems to be lost on many who are blinded by a handful of highlights.

Roma in this moment ( this moment being on the verge of a major meltdown) cant carry another. Kluivert had a couple of bright moments especially when played behind but ince they got that ball figured they handled him easily 1v1.

If Roma are firing on all cylinders then yes you have a case to start him in a game like this coming up.

El Sha is not my favourite player either but he needs to start with the kid coming of the bench. Its simply managing an expensive young asset and not exposing him in the middle of a potential shitshow.

Java65 repped this.
  6. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If every player is performing poorly (Under included) then is it the players or the coach.

I'm not saying the older players haven't lost it, but I'm not willing to say they have because every player, old and young, are playing like crap

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Shen-O, Salmeen10, Java65 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Totti but it wasn't Badini nor Monchi nor Pallotta.. it was Father Time. Sadly Totti just couldn't come to grips with that reality.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haakon24 and Shen-O repped this.
  11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Exactly what we need, thanks a lot Totti.

13. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For better or worse, Totti has had this club by the nuts for the last 20 years

Haakon24, whill4, shiboboo and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol....can this club not be a constant soap opera ? There's always drama.

@Java65 we need to hire Lou Lamoriello

Java65 repped this.
  15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #90 Java65, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Lou can build a team. The Devils were one of the best teams in the league during his time and he certainly helped your Leafs. It is a bit odd that he takes over the Islanders and then Tavares signs as a free agent with the Leafs. :cautious:

I'm still hoping Monchi can do the same here.

edit. I haven't looked at the schedule yet but I might try to get up there to see the Wings play the Leafs. I had seen a few games in the old Gardens, used to make that drive up 401 with my friends. Haven't been to see them since they moved into their new (well not new anymore) arena.

Hustle and Flow repped this.
  16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Haha , yeah , he might be a little past it , but he changed the culture of the Leafs dramatically. We were very much Roma-esque , but he came in and put everything on lockdown. No more leaks to the media , no more players mouthing off, no more Brian Burke attention seeking interviews ...everything became very... boring. It was kinda remarkable. I thought it was impossible to do in Toronto.

I think Tavares was just a coincidence. He definitely tried to convince him to stay on Long Island... they were just too shitty for too long before he arrived and Tavares had had enough.

I still have a ton of faith in Monchi. 14 months is nothing for a GM/DoF.

17. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And people thought Cassano alone was the problem so many years ago

@DDR what do you have to say now?! Bunch of nothing I assume.

20. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Lol

Andreas, ErPupone and shiboboo repped this.
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he rots on the bench.

Andreas, Oban14, rougou and 3 others repped this.
  22. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As a Leafs fan Lou was the perfect GM to transition into new management. What he did with the media I didn't think was possible in a massive market like Toronto. I think Tavares was just coincidental. Just the timing of how it happened and the fact that hes a Toronto boy and Leafs fan and had the opportunity to play for his team

Java65 repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The bench would be an upgrade .he didn't even make the squad :x3:

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club: