Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, if I owned a club the required language would either English or Spanish. It's a global game and teams are going to have players from everywhere. English and Spanish are the most commonly spoken languages (either first or second).

It goal is to acclimate players into the locker room as quickly as possible so you an produce results on the field. If fans get their feelings hurt, too bad, they'll get over it.

2. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    https://streamja.com/kj3e

saw this Di Francesco back heel for Sassuolo and noticed the assist was by Lirola, who always looks so impressive at right back, but i think he might be owned by Juve?

De Zerbi has them playing some great football at the moment

3. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Olsen might improve with time and become a more suited GK for EDF, but I suggest to go and watch the match vs R. Madrid and just count the times he put the team under instant pressure playing the ball short, picking the wrong player or choosing the wrong moment to open the play. And in no way am I faulting the player. It's just that he is not used for our style of play. For us to play effectively with a high defensive line, we need the GK to be at alert all time to act for every possibile through ball that will beat our offside line and the defenders to trust the GK being at the end of every possibile mistake of theirs.

I really like Pastore as a player, more the one that played for Palermo than the one for PSG And eventhough I was happy we got him there was the doubt we'd get the PSG version of a part-time luxury player.

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah he is. He is also a defensive liability. Used to play further up field when he was younger, now the old outside midfielders are outside backs though because of pressing.

5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, very few great defensive FB now.

6. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    1042430144030404608 is not a valid tweet id

William Bianda

7. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    When I said that Bianca was going to be Iturbe level bad for us because he couldn’t even receive a pass people doubted it.

8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mind boggling transfer to say the least.

9. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jul 15, 2012
    This team in it's current state is heading for an relagation battle this season. Our useless owners who just want to turn us into Liverpools lap dog, idiots like Baldini and Sabatini who believe appointing a old grandpa is going to raise our fortunes. Not to mention a crap team. I warned before these americans took us over it will not go well, however all these "fans" wanted it so badly. I think some people here got their own nationalistic views when it comes to our owners.

Quite ironic is it not ? Replace Sabatini with Monchi and old grandpa with Zeman-lover - you have the exact same sitution. Yet I was insulted 6 years ago for these views...... shows how much progress we have made with your heroes.

10. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Top 3 finish for five consecutive years and a CL semi final while managing FFP regulations. Doesn't sound too bad. Thank god people like you don't have a say in our decisions.

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it was discussed that Karsdorp was left out of the squad but now there's talk they could try to move him in Jan. EDF isn't happy with his effort in training

My guess would be that, barring a miracle, EDF will be gone and the new coach will have a say.

https://www.football-italia.net/128360/roma-kick-out-karsdorp

12. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It wasn't happy with anyone's effort after the last game so why pick on Karsdorp? I am starting to think we will hear the good old "he has lost the dressing room" soon.

13. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FFP - just because your heroes do not have a viable financial plan that does not include buying low and selling high ? A once in a life-time CL Semi - that we will never see again. Ok, if you see that as real progress be my guest. Top 3 finish for so many years yet still been so way off of ever winning any trophy.

As I have always said, even the Sensi`s won a Scudetto and came mighty close to winning another - something your heroes have not even come close to. On footballing terms we have gone backwards, that is a fact.

Talk about the love for your heroes all you want - at the end of the day not even Prade would have ripped our midfield to shreds and expected good results.

All is not lost, maybe Borriello is interested in leaving Ibiza and helping us out - at least he has scored more goals than Schick.

14. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    25,000 more goals do be exact.

Vulpinous repped this.
  15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    This is like the 6000th time it has been rumoured but his contract is expiring , so maybe, just maybe, United will finally let him go in the winter.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/three-italian-clubs-chase-man-united-wantaway-16162

He's been terrible at United , but in light of the recent Karsdorp news , we might in the market for a new RB. I'd take a punt on him for sure , I can't imagine he'd cost over 10m , and with his contract only having 6 months left in Jan , it might be closer to 5m.

Java65 repped this.
  18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Shen-O, whill4, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    shiboboo repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's your trequartista. Didn't see that coming.

A trident of Kluivert-Schick-Gerson could be thrilling.

We need Schick to start scoring, but I have full faith in him.

Shen-O, Haakon24 and Java65 repped this.
  21. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Question is: how could EDF not get anything out of him but he’s magically better at Fiorentina. EDF Rates Pellegrini higher than him ffs. He should be on loan to Fiorentina TBH.

22. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    .....wut.

It's really not a unique situation for a young player to not look good at big club , and then flourish at a smaller club. It happens all the time. It's not anything magical- there's clear reasons for it. Everyone here was calling for Gerson to be sold or to be loaned out this summer. Let's not play revisionist history.

It's a dry loan , and it's working out well. There's really no reason to turn this into a negative. Gerson wouldn't be making a difference here right now. It's actually probably better he's far away from this toxicity.

Either way, EDF probably has 2 games to keep his job. If he gets sacked , then we'll see what our players look like under someone else. Chances are, some will look vastly different.

Haakon24 and Java65 repped this.
  23. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Arguably every midfielder we've had under EDF has gotten worse or stagnated since he joined. He and his "system" (I put it in quotes because its not really a system" are the main problem.

decola repped this.
  24. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #74 Hustle and Flow, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Yeah, you might be right man. Our midfield (outside of DDR) hasn't really looked good since he joined.

I don't have the answers , but I think in the case of Gerson, he needed to leave regardless of who the manager was/is. The dude needed heavy minutes outta the limelight.

25. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We shouldnt forget though that Lo Pelle was playing well for EDF at Sassuolo

I dont think the major problem is EDF and his tactics, although he clearly needs to work on some things, but the intense pressure that some departures have put on the squad to perform and click right away.

Even though the starting 11 hasnt changed much, the perception is that this is a new Roma and results are expected now to justify the mercato and everyone, bar none, has been feeling this pressure and its negative effects