Transfer thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    upload_2019-7-21_21-1-35.jpeg

Giallorossi_10, Shen-O and L'immortale repped this.
  2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    He plays like a hybrid between Pjanic/Strootman/Radja.

I'm gonna love him.

5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    1153237806917066752 is not a valid tweet id

7. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
  8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Juve have signed 3 young expensive CBs this summer and may consider Rugani expendable.

Zaniolo will go to Juve either way.

10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to tell ya it was real a possibility

hangthadj repped this.
  11. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For sure Rugani wont be playing no more than last season and he didn't play much last year but i don't like the idea of being juve's bitch

It already happened with Luca although i understand we needed the money but we seriously got lowballed in that transfer.

Now with Higuain, the only problem he might not be coming is because he doesn't want to. I think he can do well here but wth are we thinking paying that amount of cash for a 31 year old, plus his 4.5M salary and giving him a contract for FOUR years!! I'm not sure he's the kind of striker we can sell to China for big money after.

So i'm tired of buying juve rejects, albeit they can be good, while unloading all our future

mancini30, GamE_Ove12 and Java65 repped this.
  12. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Juve’s bench has players that can start in 99% of teams in europe, that is the reality. I think getting good players from them now that they don’t see us as their contenders is a good idea, whether you consider Higuain, Rugani and Spina good is a different matter.

I think people are not taking note of how young the team Petrachi is building. It’s a very young line up and it is understandable if he wants 1 or 2 veterans to lead the team to a top 4 finish.

IMG_7352.jpg

X is players we are still trying to sign. The targets are Higuain (31), Toby (30) and Hysaj (25). I think it will be a perfectly balanced team if they arrive.

Rugani is only 24, and if he arrives instead of Toby then this line up will be extremely young, perhaps too young.

When talking about future there is one thing to keep in mind, this club has little chance of being competitive without CL revenues. If they have to sacrifice 19 year old players to build a top 4 team then they will definitely do it.

wm72, shiboboo, Oban14 and 2 others repped this.
  13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If the sale of Zaniolo gives us Toby and Higuain that’s a great deal short term. Long term we are already developing too many wonder kids, we need a balance.

Andreas repped this.
  14. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You can drop Perotti on the left there

15. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Rugani seems so damn soft. It would be nice to have someone class on the ball, but damn, just not my kinda defender.

Not sure how realistic it is to acquire him, either way. You'd think the Sarri connection would have some merit.

16. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Your point about balancing youth and experience to get top 4 is truly valid but for me there are some players who i just consider unsellable. These players were Luca, Zaniolo and Lo Pellegrini and maybe Under.

I understand the importance of getting top 4 and those players, if we keep hold of them and give them the salary they want to keep them happy, can be the base and back of this team going forward to consistently have a great chance of making top 4 in the near future.

We live in the real world though so we have to make some sacrifices here and there for "immediate" results so i guess what i'm really frustrated about is the lack of planning!

For me, the only excuse to get rid of a previously considered "unsellable talent" is if we got rid of all the dead weight and still have major holes in the squad. But we really didn't.

Olsen, Gonalons, Nzonzi, Dzeko and i would go as far as Pastore are all still here and they are draining this squad financially. Dead weight is tough to get rid of and i can't put Petrachi responsible as he's only been there for a short period of time. Monchi trully ********ed us here but the lack of planning has been Roma's virus for about as long as i can remember.

Annnd i really despise juve :)

romanista8910 and Java65 repped this.
  17. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am all for a balanced squad and buying established players. But how about some real balance? There is a class of players in between kids with one or two years experience and over the hill unfit players with one or two years to give max that will require fat contracts we will be stuck with for years.

It is contradictory to get rid of Dzeko because of his high salary, no resale value then buy a player with the same conditions.

We are reportedly offering Higuain 4 year contract, how can you justify paying 5 mil plus for 36 year old Higuain?!!

18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6793 Java65, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    The problem with this philosophy is that you are going to have to consistently invest heavily in the market every year and you'll always be operating deep in the red. In 2 years when guys like Higuain and Toby are slowing down you'll need to replace them. The problem is you've sold off all your young, quality players so it's off to the transfer market.

It's one thing having veterans on your squad that aged with you, its another going out spending a fortune on 30ish year olds in hopes they bring you a CL spot. The other side is you need to keep quality young players, not just young players. IMO, the best young players last season were; Luca, Lorenzo and Zaniolo. Selling 2 of the 3 would be very short-sighted, IMO.

edit. For the record I'm ok with getting Toby for the rumored price. What I find insane is the price for Higuain given his age and the fact he doesn't take care of his body. We may love the move for a year or 2 but by year 4 this board will be melting down about his wages.

19. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There are no unsellable players anymore.

A player's value and salary are dependent on their unique skill-set, that's why they get more than a cleaning lady. However, that also means that not all clubs could take advantage of each player's skills to a similar extent and since Roma isn't a team who can take a 100% advantage of a player's potential on the pitch and off in terms of results/marketing incomes, there always will be clubs who value Roma's players higher than Roma values them.

It's just a matter of trying not to let everybody valuable go too soon or all at once and put ourselves in the position we were in the previous season.

At some point there's little sense in keeping a player in the club if you could buy someone else with 80% of the talent for 30% of the crazy fees you've got from RM for that player. It is what it is.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is moderately interesting . Forzaroma.info has a fan poll. Spend the money on Higuain or keep Dzeko. I thought for sure it would by Higgy in a landslide. This is hardly scientific but interesting, IMO.

upload_2019-7-22_10-33-46.png

Vulpinous repped this.
  21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You know why, because we don’t want to see our club let Juventus out easy from this one. We don’t want to clean up their mess. A high salary player who won’t play much, and is on the wrong side of his career.

Could he help Roma? Definitely. But if it’s going to be year zero, let it truly be. Go for someone with a point to prove.

22. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mostly this for me. They are going to win the league anyway, but Piggy does "eat" some financial resources for future moves to continue their league domination (i.e. Luca P).

23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This and I think that at best Higuain is only marginally better than Dzeko so why waste the money. Also, no matter how good he does this year in 3 years we'll be regretting this move.

If we could get him for roughly the same price (up to 5 mil more) than what we get for Dzeko I'd be ok with the move

24. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    What makes you say Higuain won’t play much?o_O

25. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm leaning towards keeping Dzeko too. He wasn't the reason we didn't qualify for CL last season, chances are he won't be the reason this season either. It's better to have half a problem with a lazy and over-paid old player than problem and a half, which Higuain will end up being, now or 1-2 years from now.

Java65 repped this.