Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Diallo is reportedly having his medical with us. 25 million transfer. Sokratis's replacement ended up being more expensive than he was sold for.

2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I don't know much about him, but I do like this signing ... certainly makes me wonder what Dortmund intend to do with their stockpile of cash though, they're out about 30 mil for the summer ... r they saving it for a Batsman bid ? very confusing ...

3. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Diallo is exactly the type of player Dortmund should be looking to sign. He's essentially an Akanji but with better ball distribution. I watched quite a few games of Mainz and he was consistently good in every game. To me he is been one of the top 3 young defensemen in the BL next to Pavard from Stuttgart and Danso from Augsburg.

TimBenneth repped this.
  4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    VfB Stuttgart are interested in signing Gonzalo Castro and Castro himself wants to leave after the signing of Thomas Delaney.

Please Stuttgart, take him away. I will never stop saying this: ******** Tuchel for forcing him and Toprak upon the club.

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Replacing one mediocre veteran with another... Why does Watzke never learn?

6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that you mention it, I seriously don't understand why the local fanbase is so hyped about Delaney.

It doesn't surprise me that the club is slowly drifting into mid-table mediocrity, seeing as the local fanbase is every bit as spineless and unambitious as the club management.

thisisthelife repped this.
  7. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    #107 funkadellik, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    According to bild, eric durm will go to huddersfield.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    That would be a great move for Durm. I don't think he was good enough for Dortmund and injuries really hurt his career but I respect he always gave his best and wants to play football. Players like Durm, Bender and Hofmann actually wanting to work for their money.

Disappointed to see Arsenal have signed Leno. He is the keeper Dortmund should have signed initially instead of Burki and e keeper they should have got this summer.

Losing Nagelsmann is another blow. He is an excellent coach.

9. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Nagalsmann was never gonna leave before 2019. Would anyone here want another season of interim coach(s)?

10. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Will not be surprised if we are looking for a new coach next summer . Club will be reluctant but that is also worrying and may settle for mediocrity , not impressed with this appointment .

11. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Diallo official, 28 million transfer, contract until 2023

12. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    So, new signing!! Abdou Diallo from mainz, a new cb

a4c16531-652a-46b6-b722-144c1663df75.jpg

chewz repped this.
  13. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Great signing! The type of signings the team needs to make more often.

Akanji-Diallo pairing provides a very athletic, composed, and ball playing duo that the team has been missing for a while. With both guys being pretty pacy for CB's, this would allow for playing Guerreiro at LB knowing his defensive deficiencies can be covered up between those two and Delaney so only other need would be the RB and a good striker who is not Max Kruse or anyone of his like that I am seeing mentioned way too much.

14. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I dont trust in guerreiro, to many injuries. Who is the back up??? Another LB and RB.

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #115 Alex C, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Schmelzer is the back up, so definitely think another LB is needed, unless DAZ is an option to play there?

In terms of strikers Kruse would be ok as long as a bigger name is also signed. He is proven in the BL and would contribute a few goals. To challenge for trophies a more elite striker would also be required. I take it Bats is no longer an option?

I also saw some stories in the press a week or two ago that BVB are interested in Victor Wanyama. He would definitely add some more physicality to the midfield.

16. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Castro has been spotted in Stuttgart. Rumors of a 5-7 million transfer fee

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Coupled with his salary falling away, it's a great deal for us either way, regardless of the fee. Probably rather at the lower end of that estimate. And good for him if he values playing time more than a higher wage.

18. BVBinLeeds

BVBinLeeds Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Castro to Stuttgart! Today is a bloody good day folks, allow me to bask in this

19. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OMG I'm so happy we got rid of Castro. Now for Sahin, Rode, Durm along with Schmelzer and Toprak.

21. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Finally..... We are rid of this imbecile Castro. According to Sky Sports James is not in Kovac's plans in Bayern. Now.... If we had a management with even a faintest trace of balls we would be at least trying to make a bid.

22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Now that we finally got rid of that dimwit Castro I feel like we should throw a party. Now if only we could get rid of Rode, Sahin, Schmelzer and Toprak.

23. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No team is signing Rode after him being out for almost two seasons. But more importantly, his agent is no idiot and will be telling him to stay put and see out his contract as the wages he's receiving now will not be seen at any other potential new club he could realistically go to. Unfortunately, he'll be here for a while.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sokratis' transfer gets us 16 million Euro + possible bonuses. Not a bad deal. If I were an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be too excited about that transfer.
    I've missed the Swiss games except their game against Brazil but now I'm interested how Akanji will do against tall opponents. He seems to have sone well against technically good players.

Our transfer business should be far from over and I hope they don't wait too long so that the new players are part of most of the preparation.

25. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Passlack ended his loan to Hoffenheim and will play for Norwich for a season. He barely played for Hoffenheim's first team last season. Sucks that, at least so far, he couldn't make the next step.