Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Hakimi will return to Madrid at the end of the season, Zidane said yesterday...

Henrichs from Monaco was a beast in Leverkusen and is still young (22), we could bring him under 20M im sure, but i see he is on his way to RBL.
    I must say, Leipzig is doin a hell of a job when it comes to transfer windows, they are bringing moderately cheap, but great players..

2. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    All signs indicate that Dortmund is looking at Klostermann from Leipzig for the RB position as he will have only one year left (or expiring) on his contract ans is a childhood Dortmund fan.

3. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Due to his age he can sign wherever he wants correct?

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What does his age have to do with it?
    The direct comparison of performances in the NT are clearly in favor of Klostermann in comparison with Schulz. He's also really fast. I thought Schulz could have been a key transfer this season. Plus, I think because of his name that he shares with an old club favorite, he had the immediate support of the fans (it's the reason you always hear his name when he gets the ball). I just don't see it yet.

Another player with only one year left next season would be Upamecano.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Why dont you dial back the sarcasm when I asked a question..... Jesus H Christ you asshat. If you are under 21 or something and your contract winds down to the last 6 months you can't negotiate with another team to join them at the end of the contract, which I am not sure is correct. Where as if you are older you can begin negotiations to join another team during the last 6 months of a contract.

Am I correct in that question? That's why age has something to do with it. At least so I thought which is why I wanted some clarification on when he can begin negotiations. Because I am not up on all those rules.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wtf? There was no sarcasm. I didn't even think about the aspect of youth regulations because he's 23 years old. You said "sign wherever he wants" "due to his age" so I wondered why his age would dictate his potential targets.
    Next summer, he'll still be in his last year and the negotiations would be with Leipzig and with their agreement.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’d take Upomecano any day of a week, would be a great upgrade of Akanji, maybe even Hummels. He won’t be cheap, but in last year of his contract we might get him for 25 m. With a solid contract he’s for sure worth 50 m

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reportedly his release clause for his last year would still be at 60 million but it's likely that Leipzig would have to accept a lower fee to not see him leave for nothing. I think because of his physique and pace, he'd be an ideal partner for Hummels who is rather slow.

9. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Competition would be stiff for him which would pretty much guarantee a bidding war which may eventually wind up costing the reease clause price anyway....but he is a player that would be worth splashing a large sum on.

With Hakimi leaving next year and Pichu knocking on the retirement door, a RB is a must next summer so Klostermann should be priority number one alongside a striker.

10. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    #1160 Oliseh, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  11. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    If RBL stay where they are, there is no way they sell him. He would likely be a summer transfer. RBL would be stupid amidst this pretty good year for themselves to get rid of him.

I know it is almost traitorous but I enjoy watching them more than any other BULI team except us. They play an exciting brand and it would only be good for the league for them to do well.

12. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1207300229336305664 is not a valid tweet id

13. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
  14. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Haaland off to manchester for a 2nd visit, quite possibly to seal the deal

15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Yeah... I would like to see some South American again in the attack, the "new Barrios".
    Some with clinical finishing.
    Damn how we didn't get Lautaro, we were close back then, one of the favourites to sign him...
    How about Gabigol? I have to say i didnt watch him much so far..
    I know he was labelled like "new Neymar" in Santos and he failed in Inter and how he is again great in Flamengo, and he is still a Inter player, but i dont see how he can play there with Lautaro and Lukaku in front of him, he wouldnt be expensive and is still so young.

16. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    In this transfer window we might lose Götze and maybe even Sancho, if the price is high enough. Main target should be Hakimi, however unrealistic it may sound. Then, I don’t know how the season is in South America, maybe a winger from there, plus a young talent. Last but not least a new coach, with Favre we’ll never get past round 16 in CL, we’ll probably get knocked out in the cup, and if we are lucky we’ll make no 3 in BL.

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    BVBFNM and BvB_Peon repped this.
  18. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That’s exactly what I was about to write in the beginning of the season. Now, half way, the results tell it all, so many unnecessary dropped points!!!

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
  20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How about we wait for reliable info from official sources before getting worked up into raging about the management about something that is likely just pulled out of the author's ass?

There has been no indication that we want to sell him this winter. Instead, there were statements to the contrary. It makes absolutely no sense to sell now, there is no advantage for us and the board would be comically stupid to do it.
    And it seems we always have this discussion that the board is more interested in making a quick profit by offloading our most valuable assets. So I ask again, name all these players that fall into this category during the Watzke years since we got rid of our debt burden? The fact is, we didn't initiate the Dembele sell, we didn't want to sell Pulisic and we'd love to extend with Sancho.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Fact is that if we are going to sit here doing nothing and mire away in this mediocrity then the club should sell a couple valuable assets since we can hold the line with the current players we have minus one or two.

If we need Sancho to stay in our current place then we are worse off than I thought.

If all this club wants to do is try and make it to champions league and cares less about this loser coach constantly being on the wrong side of the win loss column then why not make profit. I mean honestly it is the job of a business to make profit and Dortmund is a business.

However this club is really turning off supporters with its' current behavior. I don't like the selling of Sancho but I don't disagree with it either if we can make over 120 Million for a guy of his quality. Sancho doesnt want to stay and that much is clear. Also the Lewandoski fiasco should be the barometer for a world class player that wants to leave. (sell him and sell him as soon as the market is at its peak for him rather than get nothing).

If we were to sell Sancho I would like to see at least 60% of that invested in some youth players abroad who could make an immediate impact in the gameday squad. It seems that Dortmund has become the destination for younger players abroad and theres nothing wrong with that because who knows that one day these types of players may find that they love it here and begin to stay.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One guy laments that we sell our best players, the next says we should do exactly that to make a profit and sell players at their peak...I suppose it's hard to please everybody.

No, we shouldn't sell valuable assets that are crucial for our success on the field if there is a chance to retain them. That is the loser mentality everybody here criticizes. And no, the club doesn't only want to reach the CL spots. They have made that very clear.
    We are 4th now, barely making the CL. Sancho is a top performer despite having off days. He was directly involved in 19 goals in the league. Take away his production and replace it with whatever player will likely take his place and see what it gets us and where we would be without him.
    Sure, it's almost certain that he'll leave in the summer but it's insane to suggest we should sell him in the winter for a few bucks more which is what the initial rumor and discussion is about. We can easily get the 120 million in the summer.

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Im just saying we are barely in Champions League with him.. Lets keep him for a freaking couple more months and see if the price goes down due to the fact that a few more months have wound off his contract?

I get what you are saying but we arent world beaters with him. The problem isnt this team its the moron managing them. I dont want to hear the BS about wanting more than a CL spot. They have to actually show that in the response to the teams play. Actions (or lack thereof) speak so much louder than words.

24. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Problem are not thr players. Just imagine if we have Pep to coach this guys, i cant even imagine what difference it would be in the playing style and the discipline. I bet we would have 3 or 4 wins more than we do, im 100% sure.
    With manager like Pep, we wouldnt have that games with Paderborn, Leipzig and Hoff..

25. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Im not saying that I am correct in my opinion.

I have no clue what to do. To me there have been a few deals that were dumb with this club. I dont know how to correct those mistakes and frankly Im not sure those in charge can right the ship if given 200 million, much less 120 million.

Id like to see a couple of youth players come up that can create. I know we had chances to get a striker and we did not so Im not sure if we get money infused all of the sudden that we would get someone anyway.

I honestly have no idea how to fix things this year.