Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If you are talking about Waldschmidt, he seems to have the potential to be really good but it's always hard for me to predict the development young players, especially of strikers. Werner was a big talent at Stuttgart but watching him there, I'd never guessed he'd make that development in a rather short time at Leipzig.
    Waldschmidt isn't that young anymore and has to continue developing and prove himself at a higher level.

2. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A lot of It depends on good coaching. Isak was a good prospect (and cheap), but was unlucky with our coaches. Did really well in Dutch league. It was wrong to give up on him so soon. In today’s marked R.Sociedad got a back up striker for a give away price. And again, it hurts our reputation of being club that develops young players. If we let go of Big Zag, the only players we can get are the likes of Nico Schulz...

3. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    If i was Haland, i would rather come to Nagelsmann and Lepzig who are playing attractive and 1 of the best football in Europe at the moment, than Favre and Dortmund who struggles almost every match and plays some strange possesion football. Only thing it would attract player to play at the moment in Dortmund are the fans

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    It probably wont be long before we see the Salzburg Manager in a major league too. He is having them playiexciting soccer.

5. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He did say that hes a huge klopp and his playstyle fan

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  7. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    About Haland article..

"But as per the latest report, Dortmund are leading the race to sign the 19-year-old who is eager to join BVB before making a big move in his career by following in the footsteps of his dad."

Before making a big move in his career...
    Thats the biggest problem Dortmund has at the moment. When will we become that big club where players want to play for more than 1 or 2 season? Such a shame...

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I can't really blame someone if he wants to play for the select few destination clubs and we'll probably never have the kind of pull that they have as long as we aren't even close to an equal to Bayern domestically for a long time.
    What I do find is out our reach if culturally a league like the PL is generally more attractive to certain players. What is a shame is losing players to clubs that aren't above us significantly except getting 100s of millions from their suggar daddies.

9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Can we bring back Auba this winter??! He left us because he had higher ambitions. Now we have supposedly raised our ambitions. It's a good fit again! He's one player I wouldn't mind bringing back. Unlike many, I don't feel he stabbed us in the back when he left. He actually stayed with us longer than the typical stone stepping player. And his level didn't drop since leaving us. And we badly need a striker!

10. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Mmmm.. Thats a dream my friend.. He is worth 70M. He is best known for his soeed, he will turn 31 soon, after 30 most players begin to lost their speed..I think he is too expensive when you look at things that way

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also that bridge has been totally burned. Auba lit the match, but Watzke and Zorc poured gasoline on the fire with their verbal shots at the player. The club was right to be upset with the way he forced his way out of the club, but IMO it was wrong to make him into a pariah and ruin the legacy of who really should be recognized as a club legend of sorts based on his accomplishments with the team.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, just recently Watzke made a comment about Auba watching the CL from home and Auba called Watze a clown in return.
    Also, things aren't great at Arsenal right now. Why would they sell one of those who delivers for them? From our side, I'd rather look forward and get someone like Haaland. If Salzburg doesn't reach the CL ko stages, the chance to get him might even be higher than Auba.

13. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Yeah.. I realized it's a dream for all these reasons..

The only potential problem with Haaland if we get him, is that he can't play CL with us this season, if we do make it anyways.

14. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually they changed that rule:

45.01 As of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 3 February 2020 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.
    45.02 Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League.

hava repped this.
  15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I hope Dortmund is looking for a new player at the back and i would go for Todibo from Barca, 19 years old, 8M only value, he plays very little and when he plays, he is really good and i see a lot of potential in that kid, i think Barca would see him if the right price comes.

I would also sell Akanji, som is wrong with him, i dont know if that is coach blame, cause Akanji was very good when he came, when Favre took charge, he looks 50% worse, dont know how that happened...

Bring Todibo on loan with a buyout clause

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #1141 hava, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Rumors are that Todibo is of interst for Leverkusen for 10 million. They already had interest in him in previous transfer windows.

Haaland was reportedly in Dortmund today and met with the club. Release clause for this winter is supposed to be around 20 million. Other clubs are interested as well, of course.

17. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Haaland also visited Leipzig and i think its more likely that he will end there, but if i was Haaland, the common sense would tell me to go for Dortmund..

Dortmund strikers: Paco (injury prone)
    RBL strikers: Werner, Schick (healthy)

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's in the player's hands. Werner might leave Leipzig and we had recent success with formations without a natural striker. If Werner leaves, Haaland would be an undisputed starter there. At Dortmund, it will depend on the choice of playing style by the coach. Our advantage is that Leipzig would prefer a summer deal and they want to sell one of their players first.

19. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1145 Raumdeuter, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Werner Schick and Poulsen

At Dortmund he is second to Paco. I still think Haaland is kind of too young to lead the offence of a club like Dortmund alone, Isn't he like 19yrs

Why is everyone allowing Salzburgs Minamino to go to Liverpool, that boy can do a good job for a Buli team

20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Paco plays every month in average, even if you have Messi and he misses so many games in the season, you cant expect something to do, some result to make..
    We need some big man in front with a good finishing.

Reus just cant play that role, neither can Gotze, because we need 4-5 good chances to score

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With such a low release clause Minamino is pretty much free to go where he wants. True, he is really versatile tactically (most similar to Thorgan in the BVB squad) and speaks German...

Dr.Phil repped this.
  22. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Klopp signed until 2024 for Liverpool :((
    I thought it was just an English adventure.. We won't see him at BVB any time soon.

23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Klopp would be crazy to go back..

Transfer budget Lpool > BvB
    Dont have to sell best players Lpool> BvB
    Club can attract top players Lpool>BvB

Lpool is 2 lightening years ahead of us..

24. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    We need the kid from Norway badly. Im not sure he will come here even though I think in the long run we are the better option for him than Leipzig unless they sell Werner now. And that wont happen with them in CL group stages.