Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Favre should only get this year as a chance. He must demonstrate consistency, must make the team play better, and show more character in tough times. In terms of results, I would put 2nd place as bare minimum to keep him, although we all think we can win the BL.

I don't want us to be the club that fires a coach every 6 months. Coaches should get their chance. Favre's success early last season shows what we and he can achieve, especially with the new players this season. The decline in the second half of last season shows that we need more leadership and stronger mentality. It's up to him to work on these.

As for Mourinho, he's a great tactician and a great motivator -- which are the most important things in a coach! But his downfalls are 1) his style doesn't fit our desire for attractive football 2) his ego has been getting the better of him. I would be completely opposed to him coaching BVB. He will make us lose our football identity, and who knows what drama will start happening in the dressing room.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Despite Leipzig looking to be on a very good path, any place below 2. place will surely be a disappointment for the management. I think anything close to scratching the 80 points mark would be safe territory for Favre. The management has made it pretty clear that the times are over when reaching the CL alone was a success.

2 years are enough time for a coach to prove whether he can make a team perform consistently at the very least on their expected level. New transfers like Brandt and Hazard have also given Favre more tactical options, possibly for systems he tried last year and that failed.
    A team can have bad days but should it happen too often that the team collectively underperforms despite the amount of highly talented players, then there has to be another reason for that because that would hint at problems beyond individual form issues of the players.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd give Jose Mourinho a two year contract. And then he's gone. Don't care if we wins us two trebles in a row.

Just kidding. There's no way I'd want him at BVB. He's a virus. He does a lot more damage than good.

kbvb repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RN is reporting that Götze had a concrete offer from Inter in the summer. Not sure why it did not come to fruition. I mean it is Beppe Morata we are talking bout. The guy knows how to swing free deals all the time.

Anyway Witsel is back in training and Morey is making progress. No news of Hazard yet.

5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weigl gave an interview confirming that he was close to departing until Favre sold him on the double-6 partnership with Witsel during preseason camp. He also gushes about his midfield partner's steadiness on the pitch and off-field personality. Generally he sounds committed to the cause and motivated to contend for the Buli title and a Germany callup.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am really curious to know how the whole situation with Götze pans out. Would be stupid to go to Inter. Not sure why he thinks Anto Conte is an easy coach to work with.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I don't want Gotze to go for selfish reasons, but this might be a good move for him. The number 10 position will be very hard for him to break into, especially with the club targeting Havertz.

Conte is a brutal coach, but he is fantastic at motivating and getting the best out of players he wants. The key is IF Conte wants him and IF Conte says he wants him for the first team. If so and he is prepared to suffer then it would be a great move. I would love to see Gotze have an Indian summer and fulfill some of his potential even if it is at another club.

I am tempted for us to try a 4-3-3 with Gotze/Dahoud and Brandt at 8s, but I don't think this will happen.

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    German Messi was never in the cards, but provided that Götze's medical issues are behind him I don't see why he can't be a German David Silva. However I wonder if that would be more likely to come to fruition abroad, free of the baggage of being the (former) anointed superstar of the country / city.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quite the contrary, back in 2012 when he signed his last extension with BVB, he was seen as somebody who was going to make the squad his own. Hummels and Reus were supposed to be his understudy as captain and player's council down the road.

7 years later his career is going nowhere; he is deemed expendable and this squad literally belongs to Reus and Hummels.

11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Real are serious about signing Sancho next summer, maybe making the Hakimi deal permanent could be part of the negotiations?

BVBFNM repped this.
  12. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Anyone have links to the Amazon doc by any chance ... Inside Dortmund ? Preferably not in German ...

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not that we were that optimistic about it, but the chances of Sancho staying for another season haven't increased recently (besides our disappointing performances this season). He apparently said he feels humiliated and left alone by the club (I don't have the context for that) and he was benched for the first half of the Barca game for arriving late to the team meeting.
    It's a pity that highly talented guys like him or Dembele have these discipline problems off the field.
    For retaining players of this caliber, it also doesn't help that we aren't winning trophies, of course.

14. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Some worldclass players have always acted as if rules don't apply to them like Cristiano Ronaldo at Man U or South Americans who party smoke drink or skip training, look at fat Ronaldo, Neymar, Tevez, Maradona, Ronaldinho, Vidal. BVB is bad at handling situations when players start agitating for a move to a bigger club ever since Götze, Lewandowski, Sahin, Hummels, Kagawa. Players know the club is willing to be a stepping stone and if they fail at Real Madrid Bayern Man U, BVB will even take them back. I dislike this practice of buybacks.

Also the actual problem is that the team gets too reliant on young players like Sancho as the main assist provider, and Ous and Götze before him, they get arrogant and think they deserve to be treated like the next Messi for carrying the team. Nobody created anything before Sancho came on yesteday and Reus is having a bad season so Sancho won't be dropped even if he acts out. Everyone expects him to leave after Euro 2020 anyway but his disciplinary issues may be deliberately meant to lower his price.

astrophyz and Blueberry_night repped this.
  15. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I am a little surprised at how people jump at the necks of young players like Dembele and now Sancho, for being late or for acting bad to get transferred to Barca. I just want you to think of yourself at 20 y.o. Would you have been as disciplined as you want them to be?

I think the fans and the club need to be more understanding, and not so rigid. I am for discipline, but I understand that these are very young kids, and we have to adapt how to deal with them, especially that we rely on them so much, like @Scheherazade said.

16. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    #1091 Oliseh, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Dembele, Auba, now Sancho.. The common thing is they all enjoyed in Dortmund and loved playin here and all of the sudden, over night something has gone wrong.. There are many factors why is this happening and the players are not only one to blame..
    First of all, LACK OF AMBITIONS... This is the main problem Borussia has and the blame is on the FO.. I'm afraid that Watzke and Co are fan of Arsenal model...Only important thing is making money, the rest is less important.. I am sick of that kind Borussia, it is so boring.
    We cant keep a player with 2 consistent good seasons, after 1 good season, one and a half max, we are selling, by that model you can see that the results of the club are not on the top of the list and that makes me sick!

I dont know how Atletico made that next step.. They were also a club like Borussia, buy cheap-sell expensive and over the years they became a club that is no longer a market for the heavyweight clubs, they are solid top 8 european club that all of the sudden cash 120M for 1 player, they became that heavyweight club, the elite..

We are.. I dont know what we are.. I'm so confused by the leadership of the club..

BVBFNM and astrophyz repped this.
  17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd agree to be a bit more understanding with young players. On the other side, while Sancho is still young, he has also become one of the top earners here. Young trainees/apprentices for every day jobs are expected to arrive on time for work as well. I also believe that setting limits is to the benefit of young players while they mature and become more professionally.
    Sancho missed the meal together with the team and came late to the team meeting and these kind of things didn't happen for the first time. He got a little punishment but the club also talked with him and with that the story is over. It's not like they overreacted or are still butthurt about it and I don't see his actions as an attempt to force a move.

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    There may be some truth to it but overall I disagree with this assessment that the club is following the model of buying cheap only to make the quick sell with high profit. It's a narrative that just seems lazy. We aren't burdened by a debt so there is no need for it. And have we forgotten that we invested around 200 million for the current and the last season?
    This isn't a lack of ambition anymore. The club wanted to win the title this year.

Further, which major talent or key player did we lose with the intent to make quick bucks for the sake of success on the field? We never wanted to lose Götze, Lewa or Hummels and surely not to Bayern. Auba was making noise long before he was let go. Kagawa, Sahin, Miki, Gündogan, Dembele all were not planned transfers from our side and one could go on. We wanted to keep Pulisic and we'd also love to keep Sancho. Why? Because whatever money you get, you don't get the players on the same level back right away. Sometimes it works out well but losing key players is often a setback that costs time to rebuild.

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Every year we have more and more problem how to keep a player that had a great season..
    I dont see the reason why sell Jadon next summer when he will only be 20, how come we cant keep that kind of player till his 22-23 and sell for much more when he will be even better and more mature.
    Call me crazy, but in nowadays abnormal market values, selling Sancho for "just" 90-100M is not some superb bussines, i wouldn't let him go for no less than 120-130M.
    I am going back to Atletico again, i just don't get it how they made that step forward. How did they kept Koke, Saul, Gimenez, Oblak ecc. and become a powerhouse.. Sorry, but nobody can convince me that they have more money than we do, Dortmund as a brand is even more valuable on the market than AM

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We can't wait till he's 22-23 because by then, he'll be out of his current contract...it's really that easy. If he doesn't want to extend, there is nothing we can do. We already increased his wage substantially without demanding an extension. And his eventual fee isn't set in stone right now nor has the club said they'd sell for 100 million.

21. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #1096 Scheherazade, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    @Oliseh Welcome to the forum! Not sure about their ownership but I think Atletico has less financial constraints because non Bundesliga clubs have no 50 plus 1 rule, so investors can pump as much money as they want into the club like PSG or Man City. Some German clubs bend the rule but few billionaires will want to sink money into a football club unless they can buy more than 49% and call the shots.

22. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jugging by his behavior I’ll let Sancho go already in January. Maybe new coach could change that pattern, but I think it is in his head, Dembele 2.0. Instead I’ll go for a striker, Lautaro Martinez would be perfect, but will likely not happen. Both against us and against Slavia Prague he was clinical.

23. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Lautaro is not in our range and will never be.. We will bring 2 type of striker in winter transfer market.. Old and cheap one (SuperMario, Giroud ecc..) or some young and also cheap striker... Unfortunately, even i have to say as a Croat, we need somebody like Super Mario, he is that crazy dude like Ibra, he is a runner and a warrior.. We dont have that type of guy in he squad

astrophyz repped this.
  24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund chance with Lautaro was before he left South America, Now he is a dream

I saw Patrick Schick is now in Leipzig on loan, He was hot some seasons back and still 23yrs If Leipzig sign Haaland in the summer what do you guys think about Schick?

There is also this Polish striker in Milan. Piatek

25. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Second time I've seen the suggestion to sell Sancho the player with most goals plus assists(5+6) this winter which is a really silly idea. Who will create shit if Reus is playing like he is recovering from childbirth and Brandt gets tired after 1 hour? Lautaro is pure finisher not a creator. We need a striker but no way Inter sells Lautaro in Jan, they want to win Serie A. Clubs do not let the best players leave midseason unless they are run by chimps.