Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, Toprak to Bremen on loan with a binding 6 million buy option next year.
    His wage he had with us was very high for Bremen's standard so I hope he rather took a pay cut instead of us still paying a part of it. Same for Schürrle.But either way, this was a surprisingly good transfer season so far and the recent outgoing transfers considerably decreased our wage budget.

2. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I know I am in the minority but I would be just fine if we dumped Gotze and picked up a second striker. I think selling Gotze after his last year wuold have been a good idea. I fear that is his ceiling and with the money he was being paid we could find better.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree another striker would be a good idea, shame the club couldn't sign Haller, I feel he would have been a useful option.

Not sure about dumping Gotze, if he can stay healthy and find his form he is still capable of being a top player. I feel there are other players that could be sold first to raise some cash for another striker.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    He is in the last year of his contract, was my main concern. If he is not willing to take a pay cut at a very expensive wage then I would say sell him in January or let his contract run out.

5. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Mmmmm sergio will go on a loan....

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  7. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    That sounds like a bs rumor but I'd love it. First, if he could replicate his last season, we'd have the most lethal forward selection of the league. Being only a loan, I wouldn't want it to be to the detriment of Alcacer but the two are different enough to complement each other and give more options in our situational needs.
    Secondly, Werner to Madrid instead of Bayern is obviously good for us as well. Bayern are transitioning from their older players and I'd expected them to get Werner, Sane and Nübel at least for the next season.

9. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It's 11 days from the transfer deadline and there's no backup striker. Gotze sucks in that position. I am worried it comes back to haunt us later on. I have a feeling that they're not planning to bring in anyone this late.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's been discussions about Patrick Schick but nothing concrete.

Unfortunately Raphas rep is meeting with PSG in Paris today. It looks like he's made up his mind to leave.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guerreiro seemingly refuting the report:

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He is a usful squad player and we may need him, but it's best we sell him if he won't extend.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More buzz about PSG offering up to 8M Euro annually to Guerreiro. Maybe this gets done if they manage to sell Neymar before the deadline.

Hazard is out for a few weeks with a rib injury though, so there is depth concern on the wing.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It is slightly worrying, if Raphael goes we don't have any more depth in the midfield and attack than last season. We have greatly improved the quality of the first team, but apart from Morey we have the same numbers as before.

astrophyz repped this.
  15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wolf is joining Hertha on loan and Guerreiro is close to signing a long-term extension.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to Kicker it is so that BVB does not lose him for free. I hope they got that part wrong. I would love for that guy to stay longer. He is a better understudy if not starter to Hazard than Brandt or JBL on the left.

BTW Miki is getting dumped by Arsenal on Roma on a loan deal. Geez was there anybody who did NOT expect this guy's career to tank after TT and BVB?

astrophyz repped this.
  17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    was hoping we might add someone but i dont think we have the funds atm

18. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    very anticlimactic deadline day.. no one of note really changed hands as of this AM.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marius Wolf is being loaned out.

I must say that under LF, we have gotten rid of a LOT of dead weight. I cannot think of anybody, apart from Schmelzer, I would want to keep in the current squad. This is tremendous progress considering we used to have KG, Castro, Sahin etc.

20. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Wolf is one they should have shopped earlier and just sold off.

21. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I'd rather keep Wolf than JBL. The only thing JBL used to do is run and it doesn't seem he does that anymore. Wolf showed some intent in the few preseason games I watched, and with his height, I feel he could have filled in the center in addition to the wing.

Anyways, the bigger problem for me is that we didn't get a backup striker. I don't think it's because of money really. I don't know who in the club decided it wasn't important enough.. but I completely disagree. I'm pretty sure that we'll see Gotze or JBL play striker/false 9 very ineffectively when Paco is injured or needs to be rested.

But extending for Guerreiro would be great! I just hope he keeps his play at high level. Sometimes he seemed ready to leave in the last couple of years. But maybe it's just his normal demeanor.

22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BVB is trying a more integrity-laced version of Barcelona to lure talents to the club. Marco Reus said in an interview with Sports 1 that he will do his best to bring Havertz to BVB.

23. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The slightest interest and attempt to persuade Havertz is encouraging if that is the kind of quality the club is looking at. Maybe his old buddy Brandt could help. But Havertz could basically choose any club.
    On the other side, condering the amount of money needed, that could also point to the likely scenario that the club is already thinking about life after Sancho should he leave after this season (I think he should wait at least 2 more years).

I also think there is in theory a small window for Werner if he gets impatient while Lewa still produces.
    One thing is certain, though. We won't be attractive nor can we keep the Havertz level talented players if we cannot win the league and play that pitiful against teams like Union.

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need to get rid of Lucien Favre. We will not attract decent players with this guy at the helm.

BVBFNM repped this.
  25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sadly I am starting to think you are right.

It is a very controversial one, but what are the thoughts on Mourinho? He does not speak the language, but he is a huge name, he speaks with Watzke, is desperate to get back into football and it will appeal to his ego to won a title I'm all four major leagues.

However, deep down I think this is wishful thinking. There is a slight chance Favre walks if things are bad, but unless we are not making top 4, there is little chance he gets sacked.