Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018

Selling off those players would be a great idea except maybe Akanji but Im afraid we wont be able to get rid of Tprak and Kagawa..Doubg anyone wants them.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's pointless to even mention De Ligt. There is 0 chance he comes here. I don't see a problem with our defenders either. They are a very talented bunch and all they need is perhaps a more experienced leader.

What we need to do is be patient with this team and allow our young players to develop.

We have a strong team that can stay together for the next 4-5 years. What should be focusing on finding a replacement for Reus and Sancho. Reus will probably start declining, whilst Sancho will leave next summer. I can see the rest of the team staying together.

The Netherlands vs England match was a lesson about keeping the ball. De Jong was absolute class and dominated the match. He gave quick and decisive passes to his attacking players, who were sub par.s

A lot of the goals we conceded was actually the midfield fault. They failed to control the game, they dropped deep and unless you have exceptional defenders you will concede.

astrophyz repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    #928 eaglespark, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    I have to add this, because Neville is discussing England's failure and he is saying that for England to progress and beat top teams we need a player, who can receive the ball on the half turn and control the tempo of the game.

Neville saying exactly what I have been saying. If you don't control the game, then against a top team you are done.

This is why Gundogan was such a key player and why though far, far less a player, Dahoud is the only option we have. If the manager does not like him, then we must replace him with a player of his ilk. Witself and Delaney will never get us to where we should be.

I wish I could post exactly what Neville is saying.

Our issue in the 2nd half of the season was injuries and playing Delaney and Witsel.

EDIT

The other point Neville is the movement of players in midfield. Dahoud is perpetual movement constantly creating spaces. He has big weaknesses in his game, most notably giving away goals and careless passes, which is huge, but beggars cannot be chooses.

If he is a not trusted then he must be replaced above signing any other player in any other position.

EDIT EDIT
    Of course there are other ways to play. We can get a big striker, great and holding the ball up and lump it to him. Reus can play off his knock ons and flick ons. I don't think that will be as effective as good passing, but it is a style of play that would work. Then you can get away with a Delaney/Witsel, but you need exceptional defenders at DEFENDING. It will mean rebuilding the whole team and somehow finding the next Drogba.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know deLigt is out of our league. But he's been hesitant on Barca because he's concerned about his first team involvement behind Pique and Umtiti and Lenglet. He's worried about how weak Juventus looked in the CL and PSG has multiple issues. Money is not his main concern.

This guy is a real gem. A leader at the back and a player you can build your squad around. He's twice the player that Hummels ever was.

Out mgmt say they're looking for someone with leadership qualities. Who is in market right now who can fill that gap?

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Diallo wasn't outstanding even once. Akanji made far too many mistakes.

Perhaps it's LF. We stumbled towards the finish line and apart from Sancho and Hakimi, nobody really improved as a player.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Offence wins games, defence wins championships. Applies to football as well.

So far we've strengthened a potent offence but our defensive structure looks weak. We are going to rely on Witsel and Delaney to shield the back which means we don't control games against Bayern and Spurs.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why haven't we duped PSG into signing Toprak? He's Tuchel's dream signing after all.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Young defenders are going to make mistakes, which is why I would not be adverse to an older more experienced CB coming in. Diallo should be second choice

We definitely stumbled to the finishing line and I blame Favre mostly for that.

A good point was made about Van Dijk being the best defender in the world, but not near this level when he was 23.

MtnGardener repped this.
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see Isak came on and scored for Sweden, he has had a pretty productive season. Is the intention to sell him or integrate him more next season?

10. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hope the intention is to integrate him. Selling him would be outright stupid, given his recent performances. However, the last rumors are that all players that were on loan last season will be offloaded.

As for De Ligt - absolutely no chance he comes here, I do not even know why it is being discussed. Yes, he would be a dream signing, but he will join Barcelona. The issue is with his transfer is that greedy fatso Raiola.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Toljan and Philipp are likely leaving for BMG. Possible that the latter was somehow involved in the Hazard deal.

12. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Bayern have stated that they now intend to wait until 2020 transfer to get Werner, who wants to go to Bayern. Seems to be a tactic just to get Leipzig to lower their price.

If I was Leipzig, I would offer him to Liverpool just to spite Bayern and their tactics...

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    man the Ajax kids were a treat to watch. Im looking forward to watching them today. I hope they beat portugal but they exhibit so much class on the ball and a great understanding of the game. Truthfully though there are a lot of Dutch league players that gone on to do great things. I would start attempting to put more players like Isak there when we want to loan some out.

I think that league is probably the one of the best leagues outside of the 4 majors in EPL, League 1, Serie A, BL

14. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    For a kid that seems to be loved in England and being courted to come play after his spell with us, Sancho doesnt get the National team love that I would expect.

Just came on in a draw in Extra time.

He is one that I could see us cashing in on at some point and I think he runs out in 2021? Meaning we cash in on him next year in the final year of his contract giving us a lesser price for him. If things dont go well until January I would say we cash in on him in January while we could get more for him.

15. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Sancho converts his penalty ... 3-2 england currently in penalties. Im gonna hate the fact that this kid is going to leave us at some point.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nothing the club can do if the player only wants to join one club. Leipzig wants a fee in a region that ignores that Werner is in his last contract year. Bayern doesn't want to pay that like we didn't want to pay 40 for Hazard. It would be less than Hernandez's fee but they seem to be a bit more cautious if that kind of money goes to another German club.
    If Leipzig doesn't lower their demands to a sum that is ridiculous in their eyes and not really worth it anymore, I fear we'll see the same pattern of Bayern getting quality players on a free transfer.

17. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Werner is not a must have transfer. Having said that, if we've tapped him up and he will wait until 2020 to sign for free, that is the best option.

The latest figures I've seen are that Leipzig want 60 mil for him and Bayern want to pay closer to 30. We have already spent 115 mil on 2 defenders and will have to buy at least 1 winger (that's a 70 - 100 mil outlay).

Havertz is the priority target in 2020 and will cost 100 mil or more, so Werner for free will be complementary to that operation.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leipzig are making a BVBesque mistake. Waiting until the last year of his contract to deal with a disgruntled player. They should be offering all kinds of incentives to sell him outside the BL. They just lost the cup final to that direct competitor.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gundogan has agreed personal terms with multiple BL teams, one being BVB.

Almost 30, injury prone and not a starter at City. Not to mention he left us hanging 3 years ago when we needed him so badly.

DO NOT WANT.

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's my impression that Gündogan is only angling for a better contract with ManCity. They wanted to extend, he gets sufficient playing time and he's the one not accepting their offer so far. No idea why'd he'd want to leave ManCity. Only Bayern in the BL would make sense but it's debatable whether that would be an upgrade for him.

He'd still be an upgrade for us but it would be to the detriment of our younger players who are already only second option for Favre when more focus should have been put on their development. And the way Favre used the players in this season, I'd assume Gündogan would be used in a formation with both Witsel and Delany which wouldn't be very appealing in my opinion.

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it really about money? I think he wants to be a guaranteed starter.

Isak sold to real sociedad for 10M. Hope we put in a buyback option.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like Ilkay just wants to come home after his Guardiola apprenticeship and a stint in the limelight. Also his family is from Gelsenkirchen and his brother is a grad student in Bochum.

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    He never got much of a chance here. I hope that we didnt make a huge huge mistake... All he did was score goals in Ere when given a chance. Yes that league scores more but its a solid league.

24. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is Dortmund planning to buy Boateng or Niklas Stark ?

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Klostermann