Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I can understand the Hazard transfer if he is the short-term solution to an additional, young talent that can be developed a la Sancho. He's already in his mid-20's which means he's reached his peak (most-likely) and will have no prospect of any additional sell-on value. I have been clamoring for Ismaila Sarr as he would be a plug-and-play impact player on both sides and can even be a Sancho replacement down the road.

TimBenneth repped this.
  2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #802 Scheherazade, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Lmao is that because he scored some goals a few hours ago? He's the Spanish Januzaj.

Hazard is overpriced at 40 million, I rather Brandt provided he wants to stay in Germany. He will demand a big signing bonus on top of the release fee. We also need fullbacks and a creative midfielder.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The real Hazard is the one playing now; not the one playing a few months ago who rode on the coattails of some luck and chemistry. Class is permanent applies to all athletes, not just the best ones.

He's going to be another Schurrle. This management is a lot more incompetent than competent.

I don't want Hazard for any amount of money unless his first name is Eden.

4. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's the same mistake. Again and again.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Except it gets more expensive over the years.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One good news is that Watzke said on Wontorra yesterday that he is counting on 4 CBs. I presume Akanji, Diallo, Zagadou and Balerdi.

This means Toprak is out. Curious to know about Weigl.

7. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I'de love to hear how many Watford games you've actually managed to watch this past season ... ?
    Or perhaps he is sh!t, just as Piatek was prior to his Milan move ? : )

8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Piatek played well at Genoa, it's just hard to take serious BVB Man U Chelsea Juve fanboys who unironically go "Told you X player was good my club should have signed him I'm a genius". Were there even rumors linking BVB to Piatek? Our club doesnt have a practice of signing Serie A strikers who play 6 good months midseason out of the blue.

Is Deulofeu doing well? Stats say otherwise, he plays well versus small teams. Saw him at Everton, lacks the final ball like Adama and Januzaj. Older players who play like current Pulisic.

9. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    https://bvbbuzz.com/2018/10/09/rumor-borussia-dortmund-planning-bid-krzysztof-piatek/
    https://www.football-italia.net/128566/borussia-dortmund-target-piatek
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tmund-bvb-sign-torino-star-to-5-year-contract

Well, clearly the fact that you saw him at Everton puts paid to that argument ... he must be terrible : )
    And I'm sure by your definition, everyone bar yourself is a 'fanboy'. Just a thought, but perhaps getting a hobbie outside of trolling a football forum and spewing your negativity might in some way be beneficial to your life ?
    And assuming, that's your idea of 'genius', you might want to reconsider your standards ...

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Technically she's a fangirl so.....

11. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #811 Scheherazade, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    @bvbSlash again? Do you plan to point out my gender, then tell me pipe down and log off everytime we disagree. Could sadly be how it works for you in real life, but as the saying goes there are no girls on the interwebs grandpa :ROFLMAO:

If you have a salient point to make about Deulofeu, state it. Dont see why a bench player at Everton and Watford is so well rated.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You aren't a fanboy but rather a fangirl. That's all I pointed out. You going of has zilch to do with you gender but your non fact-based ideas. I'd say the same to Eaglespark and I'm sure he's a guy.

Otherwise I'm with you. I don't want Deulofeu at BVB either for the exact reasons you stated. So yeah, you can stay logged on. :)

In other news Watzke was asked on Wontorra if Hummels would return. He said never say never but in the end said it's highly improbable.

With all the talk about Gundogan I'm getting nervous. I'd hate to see a squad with Hummels, Gundogan and Hazard next year. With Reus injured and ineffective, and Götze stuttering and Sancho on his way out. It's a nightmare scenario with our rebuilding back to square one.

13. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    No girl I know talks like that ...

14. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #814 Alex C, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Brandt would be a far better option and investment then Hazard imo.

Also, along with fullbacks another proper striker is needed, talk that Isak could come back and rotate with Alcacer is not good, to compete for titles the team needs much better. Alcacer should be the depth, not the main striker.

The management needs to change it's approach this summer, and instead of over paying for mediocrity push the boat out a little and sign Brandt, Jovic, Ziyech and at least 1 of Klostermann and Schulz, if not both. If that means spending 150m+ so be it. Better then wasting 60-70m on several mediocre signings. In the long term it will pay off.

15. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #815 Scheherazade, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    The old rules apply
    1. All internet men are men.
    2. All internet women are also men.
    3. All internet children are policemen.
    @Alex C Dunno if it is club policy to pay players under the table to join. When the release fee is as low as Brandt's we should consider.

In before someone suggests 120 m Joao Felix after his hattrick and Googles "Joao Felix Borussia Dortmund" to look for rumor mill fake news websites that link him to BVB.

MtnGardener repped this.
  16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Well isak continues to shine. 1 goal and an assist today against zwolle. Pleasantly surprised by him..

I think he may have found his stride enough that maybe he can help us down the line or be sold off.

Hes not phenomenal with his touch but always seems to be around the ball in the box with a chance to get a touch..

I can say with certainty that we will not sign a jovic or someone like him..its not in our dna.

Weigl wants out.
    Apparently we are looking at Jerome roussillon.
    I'm excited about balerdi but I wonder when we see him.

So many rumors out there.. gerard deulofeu.

I'm not as knowledgeable as others but I'm not sure where we should throw money. The striker position worries me. Sancho needs to be replaced asap as it appears his leaving is a matter of when not if.

We also have some players on the books that need to be dumped if they are of such bad quality that they would never play..Max is one.

17. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    http://www.talkingbaws.com/2019/04/...er-youssoufa-moukoko-14-signs-e10m-nike-deal/

Thought I would share this. Sounds like this could be a very nice up and coming player. We seem to lack finding youngsters like these over the years.

Pulisic and Sancho not withstanding right?

I know some here have grumbled about our youth program. But it seems we do have some nice youth players but sadly we are ways away from top quality as we dont go out and purchase up and coming stars like Ajax youngsters. We arent Real, an EPL or Barca and this isnt FIFA 19.

Also forgot to metion, Real and Chelsea had scouts watching Isak this past week. Not sure of his valuation but transfermarkt has him around 3 million. I dont know what that would translate to on a sale since he is so young.

18. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    #818 funkadellik, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Spanish journalists tania martin says that the deal with filipe luis is almost done. They are only waiting for the details.

19. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Im not sure how I feel about the Luis rumor. It wouldnt be bad I guess if we had someone older and seasoned to lead the younger defensive players. But I hope we dont pay too much for a 33 year old player. His transfermrkt value appears to be 17 million.

We seem to be keen on overpaying at the worst possible times and instead of just breaking the bank on a cant miss prospect (but I understand what others say when we are not a team like the bigger ones that can afford to absorb a miss on those types of players).

20. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Luis' contract is running out. He's still getting playing time for Madrid so I wouldn't be against this short-term solution.
    As for Roussillon, in the first game against Wolfsburg, I thought he barely looked like a first league player. But his play this seasn has made him an interesting target and his dynamic play would certainly be an improvement for us. He's the kind of FB that we are missing, especially on the left side. He has a long-term contract with no release clause though.

21. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Felipe will be a free agent this summer

22. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    So in essence the only thing he is costing us is the salary. A free transfer.

podrinje repped this.
  23. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Felipe Luis on a free transfer wouldn't be the worst thing in this world. Yes, he is 33 years old, but is still miles ahead of Schmelzer. If he stays clear of any injuries he could work well for a couple of seasons.

Isak is doing well for himself, but the Eredivisie is a mid-tier league to be honest. Still, I doubt he won't be given a proper chance next season, not after the form he has shown. If he can replicate even 50% of that in the Bundesliga, he will certainly see a lot of playing time.

From the looks of things, Gundogan will leave City in the summer. Inter are strongly linked with him. I read that City will be looking to sell him for 25M, so we could potentially try to bring him back. What worries me is the salary he would want, plus our habit of bringing back former players.

As for Hazard - certainly having second thoughts if he should be our main target. Would much rather prefer if we go after Ziyech. Another player who we can probably go after is Lozano.

Scheherazade repped this.
  24. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #824 Scheherazade, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Sancho and Dembele? Zorc and Watzke get shit all day here but stealing high value prodigies from Rennes and Man C is not down to luck. Those two could be the most naturally talented players ever to play for the club. If anything Dortmund excels at scouting youth and distinguishing itself as a destination for top youngsters, but experienced prime age talent like Gundogan trumps youth when it comes to building a titlewinning squad. Get him back!

BVBFNM and astrophyz repped this.
  25. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Perhaps, then where exactly are we going wrong then. We cant keep up with Bayern on the pitch. Last few years any indication, then its pretty much Bayern for the next few years.

We need competition for the league to thrive. No one wants to watch a league that Bayern dominates for 8 straight years. Theres a reason no one really watches France and Italy. EPL markets well and dominates TV viewership which is where sponsors truly exist.

Bundesliga is the best supported in person event and shows how much Germans love their football being at the stadiums.

But getting back to us. Its not just about Dortmund winning, its about the competition. Competition breeds excitement and the EPL rarely has back to back winners. In the past 20 years only Man United has done it twice, with Chelsea doing it once.

What exactly do we need to do to have the success that Bayern does? Ive never heard this addressed.