Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nobody wants to buy our crappy dead weight.

2. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Ziyech would be a steal for me. Definitely better than Zaha, probably on par with Hazard. Him, De Ligt and De Jong are easily Ajax's best players. Having him here would be a boon. However I don't think he will convince Hakimi to stay. At best I think a Carvajal scenario is likely.

In other news - Toljan is apparently close to being loaned by Celtic. Hope it happens.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hakimis agent says he is very happy here and an permanent stay is possible. I think he's more inclined to stay if he knows he's going to unhappy at Real than if he's going to be happy at BVB. Given our current situation that's what's most likely.

Now if we win the BL and Real doesn't win La Liga. And we also go further in the CL, ideally knock out Real in the process, we do have a chance to sign him permanently. But Perez is going to make it difficult but asking for an astronomical fee.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Getting players out on loan at least reduces the wage bill and keeps away the training ground happy.

Weigl confirmed he did ask to leave for PSG, it seems he is definitely out in the summer, which is a shame because he has so much potential.

I don't know much about Ziyech, but from what I hear he is not what I think we should be going for. We need someone to play on the left. Thorgan and Zaha gives us that option. I would rather take either of those two over a no 10.

Zaha especially can become great with proper training.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kagawa loan collapsed.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Why won't he leave. He is proving more difficult than Rode to shift.

This summer should be about strengthening the first 11.

That being said LP has been amazing the last few months, incredible performances, but we cant expect that to last.

The only areas we can realistically improve are

1. RB/LB (preferably LB)
    2. LW
    3. CF

If Dahoud fails to step up and Weigl leaves, then we will have to bring in a CM. It's probably worth spending big here to bring in 1st team player, but too, but that's not a priority.

Players in other positions aren't needed, because we are very strong in those areas unless they are world class players.

7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It would suck to lose Weigl but he also hasn't made a case for himself almost since the last season. It's not surprising that he'd want to go back to Tuchel because it doesn't feel we've seen the same Weigl under other coaches. And he can't like his status as the emergency CB.

As for new CMs, the club might try to check out first whether one of the youth players could fill that position in the near future. Tobias Raschl seems to be a major prospect that is reportedly also of interest to several other BL clubs, among them Bayern. As his contract is running out, they'll have to convince him about their plans for him in the team.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope we can keep Raschl. Monaco decided against Kagawa since he would have been surplus to requirements. That club is a complete mess at the moment.

9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa to Besiktas.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    is it midnight during the country's time zones? or is it a standard time world wide that the transfer window closes?

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man we are just the worst at selling off surplus players.

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's hard to get rid of dead weight, especially when they are on big contracts. At least we have them off the wage bill and maybe they will impress on loan and get a move.

Now it's time to focus on making this season great.

15. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Just need to add, that Brandt and Werner are MUST signings. These two players would fit the team like a glove and make Dortmund as good as any side in the world. Throw in a full back.

Pay whatever it takes to get Brandt, Werner and a LB.

17. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klostermann and Halstenburg has been the 2 best side backs of the season so far...both are strong in defending as well as attack

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I can't see us buying players from Leipzig unless they are in their last year of contract and forcing a move.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're a broken record. Werner isn't coming. He's made it clear. The club has given up as well. Bayer won't sell Brandt to a direct title rival so he won't be moving inside Germany.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A broken record can still be right.

I have said things change very quickly in football. 10 weeks ago no top player would choose United over Chelsea, now most top players would. Werner wants to win trophies and compete at the highest level in the CL. If Dortmund are in a position to offer those to him alongside regular first team football then he will come.

Leverkusen if don't make top 4 they will sell him. Leverkusen were very stubborn with Vidal, but that was nearly 10 years ago, since then Gladbach and Leverkusen have had no problem selling players to Dortmund especially.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    While I agree we shouldn't hunt a player who feels less than luke warm playing for us, I'm wondering what Bayern's plans for Jann-Fiete Arp are because that might have consequences for Werner. Arp looked very promising in some games in the BL and will join Bayern probably in 2020. I don't know whether they see him as a replacement for Lewandowski or if they are just buying up talent to see how they work out. Because that is what they seem to be doing right now on the wings.

Do they still go for Werner if they regard Arp as the first choice striker? It's possible but it would probably require a change of their system. I'm just wondering because when it comes to news/rumors about Werner, it seems too calm. Either there is already a mutual but unofficial agreement in place or Bayern might not be that interested in Werner.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In response to Bayern announcing that Arp will join the club "no later than 2020", a BVB fan snarkily responded "no later than 2021: no one will know who Fiete Arp is". Jokes aside, they could still pay up for a finished product to replace Lewa.

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Well, Arp going to them doesnt help us. At some point we need to be the destination of young German up and coming stars. We seem to be the destination of plenty of other youth players but we need the young German players to want to be playing here. We have to continue to take up the mantle of German soccer if we have any hope of winning beyond one out of every 5 years in the BL.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't think Leverkusen would be harder on us than other BL clubs but we should keep in mind that the recent players we got from them weren't crucial for them anymore. The better replacements were already in place so we probably did them a favor. They would have never sold Tah instead of Toprak, for example. Brandt might force their hands next year, though. But until his recent major improvement that coincided with him not being used as a winger anymore, the opinion about him here was pretty mixed because of a rather disappointing and inconsistent first half.

25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that's really the difference. You need to compete on equal footing with Bayern, PSG, City, et al. for established stars if you want to consistently compete for the Buli and CL. As nice it is to grab guys like Weigl and Dahoud, you need world class talent around.