Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Okay, not that I mind us signing Wolf, but unless we get rid of the likes of Schurrle and Yarmolenko then this acquisition seems weird. Where do we intent to play so many wingers? Moreover, we are in dire need of a better goalkeeper and defenders and so for we have only gotten........ Hitz. Shameful is what that is. At most both Hitz and Burki are only good enough to be substitutes, nothing more. Management again showing their total lack of ambition for any sporting success whatsoever. Are the local fans masochists by any chance?

2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Worse. They are spineless idiots. A few months ago they were rejoicing at Watzke's contract extension, and they are convinced that Favre, a man with no winning credentials, will help the club win next season's Bundesliga. Adding insult to injury, they think Toprak is a good CB.

Judging by the rumoured transfers, it looks like the club's idea of a squad overhaul is replacing deadwood with deadwood.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's very sad to see the club with so little ambition.

I know it's not popular here, but I would offer Leverkusen whatever it took to get: Leno, Tah and Heinrichs.

I would also sell Pulisic to raise funds.

The team can play any formation, because I think only Reus should be guaranteed to start. I would then build the team around Weigl, Raphael (at left back or left wing back only), Dahoud, Akanji and Sancho.

The board have rejected him, but they need to have a long discussion with Favre about Balotelli. Werner should be the no 1 target, but he is next to impossible to get. Balotelli has his baggage and his problems, but he has big game temperament, experience, skill, physical presence and the trophies to back it up.

Realistically the club should take the gamble, at least on a 2 year contract.

I keep bringing him up, but we must be looking at Zouma. Reports are Sarri likes him, so he may be off the table, but if not then he would be cheap and again add experience (despite his age) and physical presence.

I have heard a lot of good things about Pavard, but I haven't seen enough to judge.

Players like Wolf and Hitz are just a waste of money.

It's a dream, but I would like to see as many of these go as possible:

Burki
    Toprak
    Durm
    Sahin
    Castro
    Schurrle
    Schmelzer
    Toljan
    Rode
    Sokratis

Wow. Just typing all those names shows just how much dead wood is at the club.

To even think of rejoining the top 10 in Europe we would need

A New GK : Leno
    A New RB: Heinrich/
    A New CB: Pavard/Tah/Zouma
    A New CM:
    A New CF: Werner/Balotelli

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Rumors are now that we are close to getting Delaney, the only a question is whether we can find an agreement with Bremen. He's miles better than Castro but also not the big name, of course. That could be a trend.

Leno's release clause is 25 million. Others can judge whether he's worth it. For me, he tends to look like a clown whenever he plays for the NT and we already have a keeper who regularly screws up in the important and international games. But he would have been the most likely to get of those you mentioned because Leverkusen already have his replacement. If we were interested in a Bürki upgrade, it would have been easy to make a move for either Trapp or Frankfurt's Hradecky. It's known that both were willing to leave their club and Hradecky could have been aquired on a free transfer as well.

Although there is no need to panic two weeks after the season ended, the transfers and rumors so far show a pattern. I don't expect big money transfers for the Sokratis replacement or for the RB position. At best we might see a big investment for the striker. But I wouldn't be surprised for young and relatively cheap solutions for the striker and RB position.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's not just about big names, it's about quality. Delaney is a decent player and alright as part of the squad, but we need to get rid of Castro, Rode and Sahin.
    For me Leno is worth the money and I feel he has an extra level to go, if forced. Leverkusen is not a club to bring out the winner in a player.
    The options so far have been average signings for midtable clubs. The board spoke about making big changes and they have yet to do show any desire to carry out the promise.

It's the lack of ambition, which annoys me the most. If you aim for just making the top 4, it won't be very long before you do an Arsenal and find yourself finishing 6th and out of the CL for consecutive seasons.

6. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    For GK the targets should be either Trapp or Horn - both are realistic. Another name that doesn't get mentioned is Lopes from OL - really underrated, but very unlikely that somebody in the club has ever thought of him.

And again - Wolf, Hitz, Delaney.... Do those names inspire confidence or any ambition at all? Not to me, at least. They reek of mediocrity and a bar set way too low by a bunch of spineless people in management. As for Balotelli - most overrated striker I have ever watched. Yes, Favre made him work in Nice, but Ligue 1 is miles behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality. Think Bats is worth a few bucks more and that is the striker we should be after.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Leno is better than both, though I would be very happy with Horn. Apparently he has committed to Koln. I have a feeling he won't leave until he takes them back to the Bundesliga.
    Agreed and these are costly signings. Delaney might be as much as 27 million and there are reports Wolf is on 100k. It's a shocking waste of money.
    I strongly disagree about Balotellli. He can be temperamental and lazy, but he has a lot of talent. He is strong, can hold the ball up and has an excellent tough. He is capable of shooting from range and playing others in. He is much more talented than Bats, who is very limited. Bats will get goals, but his link up play and control are not good enough for a top player. Maybe, Bats can improve in time.

Balotelli as done relatively well in the Premier League and Serie. However, at the moment Ligue is arguably better than the Bundesliga. The quality of football in the Bundesliga is exceptionally low. Schalke easily came 2nd.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I have a question. Why are BVB's youth players being ignored? The club's youth have been very successful recently but I don't see any youth players being slowly incorporated into the senior team. It would be a logical step IMO.

As for the current transfers it looks like what the club management meant by squad overhaul was replace deadwood with deadwood + hiring a coach whose greatest achievement is European spots, and once there he's been resoundingly beaten internationally.

I know the club management wants to make a profit at all costs, but if it were up to me I would terminate the contracts of Castro, Rode, Schmelzer, Sahin and Toprak even if it means not profiting from their sales. The club has already made 210m € from the sales of Dembélé and Aubameyang and that money is already being thrown away in Delaney, Hitz and Wolf.

All this reeks of Arsenal levels of ambition, all profits no sporting success, f uck that.

It seems like us the international BVB fans are the only ones who can tell next season is already being set up to be one of further underachievement, and to make matters worse local BVB fans are rejoicing at the club's continued downward spiral towards mediocrity. Idiots.

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The signings have been underwhelming, but I took time to look at the squad. It's true there are no world class players apart from Reus.

World class players like Bale and Veratti are not going to the world cup. However, I think a good indication of our squad, is to ask how many of our squad are going to Russia?

Burki is going, but won't start from Switzerland.
    Akanji is in the preliminary squad.
    Raphael is going
    Piszczek is going
    Kagawa is going
    Reus is going

Just 6 players are going to the world cup and only Reus, Raphael and LP can be expected to start.

That being said, when I looked at the team again there is more quality that it showed last year. The key is to get rid of the deadwood. Sahin and Schmelzer and poisonous to this squad.

There is a lack of world class players, but there is potential.
    --------------------?????------------------
    ???------?????-------AKanji------Raphael
    Reus-------Gotze----Weigl---Dahoud-----Sancho
    ------------------------????-----------------

That is not a bad team. Even if you switch out Delaney for Gotze/Dahoud in more difficult games. It lacks physicality and experience.

Get those 4 signings right and it could be a good season.

--------Dream--------------Realistic--------------
    GK-----Leno---------------????-------------------
    RB-----Henrich------------???
    CB---Boateng/David Luiz-----------Diallo/Pavard/Tah
    CF---Werner---------------------Balotelli

10. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I wouldn't actually mind if we go after Hector and Plattenhardt. Would be a huge improvement over Schmelzer and LP.

As for Tah - break the bank for him (but we know all to well that Watzke&Zorc would never do such a thing). With Sokratis leaving we are left with Akanji and Toprak which is...... unsettling at best. The lack of adequate CB for the level we are supposed to be after is scary.

For the academy - for all that is being said I really cannot think of anybody right now from the academy that is worth a mention. In previous years there were youngsters, but not at present.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    #61 eaglespark, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    It seems the club are close to signing Diallo. Fairly reliable sources in England are suggesting Arsenal are threatening to hijack the Dortmund Diallo deal, if the Sokratis move doesn't progress.

I have seen Diallo, but not enough to judge how good he is. I would love Tah and Henrichs too for that matter, but they don't appear to be options.

Has anyone seen Pavard play right back? He played there today for France, but I was out and missed the game.

According to very reliable sources these are our targets.

Pavard £30 million
    Diallo £22 million
    Delaney £22 million
    Bats £50 million
    Lirola £15 million
    Wolf £5 million

There are solid links and reports that Dortmund have made enquiries or tried to sign all of those players. I can't see the club signing Diallo, Pavard and Lirola. I think at best they get 2/3. I think Pavard is the most unlikely.

That still means the club are looking to spend the best part of £110 million this summer. I would say the club needs to add Leno for another £22 million, but nothing suggest he is on the radar. I don't think the club has £120 million to spend.

Even if in an ideal situation we sell

Sokratis £12 million
    Schurrle £15 million (please not to Palace)

Who else will go speculation
    Weigl £50 million ( I really hope not)
    Pulisic £50 million

Our biggest competition will be Arsenal and Tottenham for players.

12. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The club definitely should have 120£ million to spend. After selling Hummels, Dembele and Auba for over 200£ million there is plenty if money.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not encouraging that we continue to be linked with deadwood veteran players instead of the young up-and-comers we should be targeting. You get the sense Watzke and Zorc thought this season was actually successful rather than a disaster. Lowest cost while maximizing profit.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am disappointed too with the current signings, but what do you think of Diallo? He seems to be the most likely centre back signing with Pavard being too expensive. In theory they seem to be the type of player we should be aiming for, young and improving, but I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

It's a pipe dream of mine, but now is the time to go all out for Werner. He has hinted he wants to leave and by chance all of the big clubs except Bayern (if they lose Lewandowski), won't be going after him.
    We should do, but it doesn't mean Watzke will spend it.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think we currently see the usual problem that the other clubs know that we have a need for certain players and that we have the money. The fees for those with new contracts with no release clauses are really high and we'll have to overpay. Diallo was bought for 5 million and now Mainz reportedly want 28 million €. In the case of Delaney, BVB's expectations are similarly as far away from the other side. 27 million for him seems way too high, in my opinion. Meanwhile, Bayern get Goretzka for just the signing fee.

Regarding Werner, if Bremen want 27 million for Delaney, you can make a guess what Leipzig would want to even consider selling him. Next year we might have had a minor chance if Lewandowski wasn't already preparing his exit but I think Werner has bigger clubs in his mind anyways.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's up to the club to judge when a player is worth overpaying for. Sometimes you have to overpay if you think a player is vital to your squad. I give the example of Martinez at Bayern. Taking into account inflation he wasn't worth the money Bayern paid, but he was the missing piece.

Delaney in my opinion is not the missing piece or an exceptionally talented player. Ironically Bremen is one of those teams I have seen a lot and he has a name to draw attention to a British Isle viewer. He is a decent squad player, but for nor more than £12 million pounds. It's crazy to spend anything more than that. Nor should we be planning to have Delaney as anything more than a squad player.

It's the Diallo and Pavard I have no clue about. If they have the potential or ability of a young Hummels/Boateng then they are worth it. Our centre backs and full backs have been the weakest part of the team for a while.

As for Werner, this is precisely why I think this is our only chance to get him. Madrid will probably sign Mbappe, Barca are aiming for Griezemann. Liverpool have spent a lot of money and won't break the bank for him this summer they will be content with Firmino. Tottenham have Kane, Arsenal Auba, City Gabi Jesus and Aguero.

If Lewandowski refuse to sell Lewandowski, then we must pay over the odds to get him.

17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    All reports suggest that Sokratis is a done deal for around 17 million. I like Sokratis and he did well, but I think it was right to move him on. He hasn't been great since Hummels left and we can buy someone younger and better.

I think this means we must be close to signing another centre back. At the moment we only have Toprak, Akanji and Zagadou.

I was looking at our attacking midfielders and we have far too many:

Reus
    Pulisic
    Wolf
    Schurrle
    Yarmolenko
    Philipp
    Sancho

Reus is very injury prone, whilst we need some of them to occasionally cover the CF position, but there is no need for 7 players. I expect Schurrle to go, but we will probably need to sell one more. Reus, Philipp, Sancho and Wolf are virtually guaranteed to stay. So I expect either Pulisic or Yarmolenko to be sold in addition to Schurrle.

In midfield we look really weak:

Weigl
    Castro
    Sahin
    Dahoud
    Kagawa
    Gotze
    Rode

Lots of rumours that Weigl might go, but I would love for Castro, Rode and Sahin to go. I am undecided if Kagawa, will be let go, but it seems unlikely.

Then at left back it all depends on Raphael. If he stays I wouldn't want to buy anyone, but if he goes there needs to be a replacement.

It's a shame we couldn't get more signings in before the world cup, because prices are going to shoot up. Sadly with the exception of Kagawa and Raphael none of the players we might want to sell our at the world cup.

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I've read that Sahin will be sold to Turkey, probably Galatasaray. Now if only we could finally get rid of that piece of shit Castro.

bvbSlash and funkadellik repped this.
  19. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Raphael is being pursued by Real.

Interesting that in 2013 Aubameyang, Sokratis and Mikhitaryan all moved to Dortmund. 5 years later they've all moved to Arsenal.

21. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sven Mislintat's favorite scoutings.

I am not sure what to expect with Thomas Delaney. All action midfielder, on the downside maybe it is the way Bremen play but he chases the ball like a headless chicken.

22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As indifferent as I feel about Delaney I'll try to be a little optimistic and say he can't be any worse than Castro, which frankly shouldn't be too hard for any self respecting professional footballer to be a step up.

23. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  24. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    this so called overhaul is makin me as sad as our 17/18 season....

Quigs repped this.
  25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern going after Gareth Bale. BVB Just signed Delaney. Could this be more depressing?