Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I agree about Havertz being the player we should be going all in for but my comments was related to Hazard being a Pulisic replacement and thinking that Sarr would be much better option and fit the mold of a perfect replacement who could be even better then Pulisic and is only 20.

Nicolas Pepe is also an option but based on reading what Lille is valuing him at (60m+) and the types of clubs that are interested then I don't see Dortmund being able to compete for his signature. Imaila Sarr, on the other hand, can be gotten for probably less or equal the Hazard money.

2. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    An easy example I could think of was the assist to Stindl in this recap (at 1:18):

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...gan-hazard-plea-bobby-wood-fantasy-517555.jsp

Seeing the player in real time, and seeing how to get the ball there, plus then delivering it. If you give him a second, then he can find something to do. Alcacer is different in that he doesn't need a second. He responds instantly to the situation, but I don't think his creativity increases if you give him a second. I think we have Reus and Alcacer for flick ons, dummies, etc. I think Hazard gives more in the next slower tempo (his strike that begins that same highlight is another "give him a second" moment, but I think many other players can hit that shot, and it is an obvious thing to try).

Though that is the first highlight that came to mind, it fit with how I already thought, so I think I could find others.

Scheherazade repped this.
  3. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    @MtnGardener chances are we get Hazard, gotta hope he is more than a 40 million Philipp or Wolf type of signing.

Yes but it's not like we can go to a store and buy them off a shelf after deliberating whether to pay more for the added value of a smart TV. Havertz has to want to come here and he will get more exciting offers than Hazard.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Le Parisien says Leipzig will be Weigls last match with us. That was believable until it said the fee is 25M.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder if we will get another defender. Toprak out with a muscle injury for weeks. DAZ Lacks training. Akanji not back until March. Balerdi playing in the SA U20.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Instead of wasting money on another short-term CB solution why not just move LP to CB and play Hakimi, Schmelle, Guerreiro, and Wolf at full back until DAZ and Akanji come back?

eaglespark repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh gawd. I don't want to see Schmelzer on the pitch.

No I'm in agreement. We shouldn't get another defender. I'm fine with LP playing CB.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Ridiculous at we should be aiming for triple that fee and at the very least double it. However, Weigl should not be sold at any price this January.

Watching Bayern and I just don't think we have the quality to hold them off and fight in other competitions. I really hope I am wrong, really really hope I am wrong, but without a signing I just don't see the quality in this squad.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think we have the quality in the squad either. Apart from Reus, Sancho, Raphael, Witsel and Akanji we don't have genuinely good players in this squad. Burki needs to win us games and Paco needs to deliver when playing a full 90min. Also Diallo needs to be consistent. Everybody else is average at best.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I wouldn't say everyone else is average. Hakimi and Zagadou have amazing potential, but we are well short of the quality that other top teams and even most last 16 CL teams have.

Ironic, that Crystal Palace have two players, who would take this team to the next level. Wan-Bissake and Zaha would make this team one of the best in the world and serious CL contenders, but sadly it would cost the best part of 100 million to get both of them.

Sadly we will get Thorgan and it will end like Yarmolenko, Schurrle etc. Thorgan strikes me as a player playing at his highest possible level and even that is not amazing at the moment. Brandt and Havertz played in Bosz 8/10 hybrid position. They weren't perfect, but it is clear they have so much more ability and potential than Hazard. In the right, with the right coaching those two could become world class. It saddens to see the club make, whats seems to me, a huge mistake.

MilanM repped this.
  11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope mgmt can convince him to extend.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I can't blame them if they don't. It's a shame, because we have such great talent in central midfield and central defence. The trouble is keeping them all happy. I still have a lot of faith in Weigl. He just needs to show more fight like Delaney and Witsel. Yesterday he played defence, but showed the bite needed.

We are three very talented players from being one of the best teams in Europe. So close, but so far.

Full Back: Wan-Bissaka
    Left Winger: Brandt, Zaha
    Striker: Werner, Jovic

Those are just some of the options, but I think that's the quality we need.

It won't be cheap either, it would probably cost the best part of 100 million. Realistically we would need to win the Bundesliga and make at least the Cl semi-final

We would also have to sell the following to raise finances:

Rode
    Toprak
    Toljan
    Kagawa
    Philipp
    Schurrle

It's possible, but highly unlikely and would take the perfect season. I know it's hugely unlikely, but why not dream.

14. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I wonder if it would be wise that the club try to sign Rebic as an alternative for the CF and AM positions? Moreover - he can play on the left, albeit not his best position. With the shortage we have in attack and Paco being injured quite often, it could make some sense in the summer.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isak has been loaned out to Willem II until the end of the season.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    For the best.
    I don't think Rebic is the right move. I think the board are right. There focus is on strengthening the first team, not adding depth.

All of the players we have been linked to whether it be Zaha, Hazar or Werner, strengthen the first team.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have a 24M striker who is best as a sub and is usually injured. He is the depth.

18. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Isak is in the lineup for willem today. Would love to see him do one of two things.

Play well enough to be useful for us....or increase his value so we can sell him off.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thomas Doll, the coach who was replaced by Klopp, has been hired by Hannover. The guy was a tool.

We've been coached by two Thomas's and Peter's each since 2008 interspersed with a Jurgen and Lucien.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you're wondering how awful of a signing that is, just check out the comments to the club's twitter page announcement. You'll need to translate a few things here and there but you'll get the gist overall.

21. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I kind of wonder if Dortmund would not have been better off bringing in Piatek for 35mil, and pushing Paco out to the left ?

22. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    would have loved it. Piatek looked great today

chewz and TimBenneth repped this.
  23. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yea, I certainly think Dortmund missed a trick on this one ... it would have killed two birds with one stone, in the sense that it would have finally provided depth for the striker position, while at the same time solving the winger crisis with Paco able to deputise at either wing. Well, I guess we can only cross our fingers and hope management has something up their sleeve ...

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So we are apparently in talks with Ajax over Hakim Ziyech. He likely will not leave this winter but since De Ligt and De Jong are leaving he sees no point in staying. I would prefer to take him over Zaha and most definitely over Hazard. He is Moroccan it might convince Achraf to stay as well.

25. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kagawa is set to be loaned to Monaco. Reports differ as to whether it comes with an option to buy.