Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    Havertz is already showing huge potential. He is only 19 still.Maybe Abel Ruiz wouldn't be bad solution as a backup striker. Best scorer in Spain U17 of all time. He is also 18,could be a bargain to take him. Does anyone go how is Sergio Gomez doing with our 2nd team? We bought him from the same team and I remember a lot of experts which predicted him big career. Havertz would be my first pick from this money we got from Pulisic transfer. Maybe we should consider taking Milenkovic from Fiorentina,he is doing great job there on CB and RB. Tall,strong and young player. Maybe his price could be the problem tho

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would pay €65M for Havertz. He would be an instant starter. He'd bench Götze, JBL and push Reus to the left. But it's risky (age, good player in a crap team) and we likely won't sell him off at a ridiculous profit so Watzke won't get him. He'd rather overpay for flops like Schurrle, Castro and Rode.

3. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    Havertz would be my first option too. Bruun Larsen is not even comparable to him. I watched couple of his games and he is good enough to cover classic 8,classic 10,even used on the side.

4. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    Seems that we are interested in Todibo as well. Some top teams like Barcelona wants him as well,and he has only 6 months until the end of his contract in Tolouse. Could be a good option until Akanji returns. and he could totally replace Toprak.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Havertz is an excellent player and has a lot of potential, but we don't need him at present.

We currently sit top of the Bundesliga, topped our CL group and are still in the cup. Reus has been our best player, the best player in the Bundesliga and in my opinion one of the top 5 players in the world. He has been carrying the team.

So with all that, we want to change things? It makes no sense to me. It makes more sense to go out and get a top class left winger.

I agree Havertz could become world class 8 too and I would try and get him for that position. However, this would signal the end for Dahoud.

Werner, Brandt and Havertz are going to be the future stars for Germany. I have lots of faith in Werner and Havertz, but Brandt depends on where he moves. If we could get all three it would be perfect, but the team needs Brandt and Werner more.

Add a left back and hopefully sign Hakimi and the team would be set for a long time in the future.

6. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    I am not sure Werner would do best in our team. Maybe we are not in a need for Havertz on 10,but I think he is multirole player and in we could use him on 8,10,even wing. I would agree about Reus being in top5 in the world,but he is equally good at wing,10 and second striker as well. Brandt didn't impress me like Havertz did this season.
    If we have to bring winger I would pick Ismaila Sarr from Rennes,he reminds me of Dembele a little bit.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I agree about using Havertz as an 8. He is tall, strong and it's clichy, but he does remind me of Ballack. Kroos too dropped back into the 8, after starting out as a 10.

Brandt has been poor this year and it's why I have always said he is at a cross roads. He has the potential to be a world class player, but he lacks the drive and work ethic. I believe at top club demanding he do better, he can thrive and fulfil his potential. He has it all, decent speed, strength, skill, creative, great first touch, great shooting touch and a very good left foot.

I haven't watched the French league much so I have no idea about Ismaila Sarr. France have produced a tremendous amount of talent recently from Diallo, Dembele and Zagadou here to the likes of Pavard, Martial, Rabiott etc.

Winning the league and a strong CL showing will give us the financial power and prestige to make the signings to take the club even further.

8. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    We totally need a backup to Reus!! Especially if he is young and with potential, why not give him a 20 minutes in any games where we can afford to rest Reus? I haven't seen Havertz except briefly, but I'm totally for a good backup to Reus. I would still prefer a second striker, but if the opportunity is there for a backup #10, then we should go for it.

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He already is too good for that and would be stupid to accept it. Havertz is not the sort of player you buy to be back up, you buy him to start. He is the real deal. To have any chance of getting him, we would need to offer him a clear path into the first team. I am not sure what's his preferred position, but I imagine it's 10.

10. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    He started most of the games as 10,but there were games where he started as 8 and when needed he transfered to RM. If Weigl goes we will have to cover his role too,and that guy is multirole player as I mentioned.

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    He has even started for Germany at 8. As I said I believe he can play there, but it would mean Dahoud goes. I would still do everything to hold onto Weigl, because he is so young and is Witsel is not getting any younger.

I actually think we have a chance with Weigl, because he appears to be very close to Reus.

Werner would fit perfectly at the club, even more than he does at Leipzig. We are not a club, who hits many long balls or puts crosses in. His movement is good and he has a good touch. The few times he has played with Reus, they have linked up very well too.

Still both Haverzt and Werner appear to want Bayern and it will be really hard to get either of them. Brandt is the one we seem to have a clear shot at.

12. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    I also hope Weigl will stay,it would be good for team chemistry I think. There is a guy in Lyon who is similar to Havertz,but he seems to be a little bit more defensively orientated (Aouar). Havertz is first option in my opinion because I think that him and Reus can make wicked duo. With old Weigl in who could say anything against that team?

13. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    with the money we made on the pulisic sale, there are a ton of possibilities.

I would say we should spend at least 30 million of that money.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca will accept BVB's offer. The player will sign by next week. Yes!! We have an Argentine at the club at long last.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wait WTF! Hakim Zyech wants to join BVB this winter. Are you kidding me!? Get him ASAP. Must have been convinced by Hakimi to come here. Forget Hazard. This is the guy we want.

16. MilanM

MilanM New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia
    Jan 2, 2019
    Ziyech is way better than Hazard in my opinion but is Watzke ready to pay for someone that much? I sure hope so_On the other hand I heard that we are interested in Viktor Tsyhankov and David Neres

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Those are all different types of players. Hakim is an AM, Viktor is a CM whereas Neres is a FWD. Hakim is worth around 35M but actual market value is probably 50M. If he forces through a move I can see him joining us for a lot close to 35M and he would be an instant impact player.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Do you know much about him? This signing seems to make a lot of sense, he will be the 4th CB we need due to Akanji's injury. It seems Toprak is leaving in the summer so he will be our 4th choice.
    I have only seen him a couple of times and can't judge his level, but it seems ridiculous to say he is way better than Hazard. Hazard is world class and the best player in the Premier League. If we were to get Hazard we would probably be favourites for the CL. Of course there is literally 0 percent chance of that happening.
    Again we don't need an AM. Why are people so keen to fix something, which isn't broken. Gotze is fine as a back up 10, as long as the other areas of the team are strong.

Until Akanji's injury we needed to strengthen the first 11 in three areas.
    1. LM
    2. LB
    3. CF

I disagree with some. There's no point just going and getting every top player available. They would sit on the bench, become disillusioned and ruin the atmosphere.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Belardi was Boca's best defender last season. Best player under 27. He is calm on the ball, anticipates attacks and can move the ball forward. Diallo is very good but Belardi can displace him in the future.

We do need an AM if that player is better than Philip, JBL, Götze, Pulisic and Hazard (nobody is talking about Eden here; though if we got Eden, I would bet on at least a semi final spot in the CL this season).

20. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He obviously meant Thorgan not Eden, calm your tits...

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Good to hear. Hopefully he settles in well. Alcacer and Hakimi are both Spanish speakers so that should help, I guess Gomez is there too.
    LOL, my mistake. I thought, people were getting slightly carried away saying he is better than Eden.

In my opinion we definitely need a LM and even better if he can cover AM and RM, but predominantly we need someone to come and play on the left. I am fairly confident, if we sign someone Chelsea will then pay to cancel the loan. It could be fantastic negotiating from Zorc, to make sure we don't get ripped off in trying to get a January replacement.

I have a feeling our strongest team will look like this, no real surprise except I believe Dahoud will break into the first 11.

-----------Burki------------
    LP-----Diallo------Zagadou-------Hakimi
    Sancho-----Witsel---Dahoud------Raphael
    ----------------Reus------------------
    -----------------Alcacer---------------

LP is having an Indian summer, but he will be 34 at the start of next season. I think Hakimi can move to right back and we need to sign a left back, but Lp's form means it is not urgent.

Raphael is a good option, but his contract is running down too. This is where I think we need to strengthen immediately and most of all.

Then there is Alcacer, who has a fantastic goal record, but seems to blow hot and cold. I would like a top class striker brought in to compete with him.

22. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hi all, long time reader here. Registered as member since 2016, just for merely helping me read more conveniently in terms of marking which message already been read and which haven't. As far as silent reader concerned, I already stalked this forum since 2015. And I only perused the Germany related forum (NT, Bayern, BVB, Gladbach, etc)

I made myself a promise, try not to write anything on this board. So far, 4 years and I managed to do so. The reason? More often than not I ends up wasting my energy debating with some imbecile. Yes, I'm a bit of dick. Apparently, after 4 years of silent reading, I cannot help myself but to broke the so-called own promise. Call it a creed, whatever.

First and foremost, I'm a fan of German NT. Logically speaking, I should write my first post here on NT board, but for particular reason which will be apparent if you read my post below, I decided to write here on BVB forum.

Okay the long rant and bit of background. I tried my best not to pad my rambling. My love for football came when I watched Germany on Euro 96. You guys might know the story : Bierhoff the hero, Andy Moller is a bit ass, injury laden squad (Kahn as backup striker), Poborsky and Nedved become star and yada yada. For me it was a fairy tale story,
    despite aging and injured squad on top of lack of confidence with Vogts, Germany won the whole thing. Not to mention the dramatic final.

For me, that was the start of my lifelong infatuation with everything German. Football players, culture and I even completed the first level A1 at Goethe Haus despite paying back-then-luxurious-amount during my last year of college. I had to work as internet cafe admin to pay for the course. For me back then, the best squad of ALL TIME was Kopke,
    Sammer, Kohler, Eilts, Bierhoff, Hassler, Ziege. To hell with Cryuff, Pele, Baresi, Puskas, those German 96 squad wipe the floor with every conceivable other best team ever. I know, I know, back then I was a bit stupid. Well, I'm still atm...

And conveniently enough, the fairy tale didn't stop at 1996. The following year, more amazing things happen. Something that outside realms of possibility. Schalke won UEFA, Dortmund won Champions. Those 2 facts were nuts back then. You wouldn't bet $5 for those to happen at the same season. Hell, you wouldn't bet a single penny for that. But the fairy
    tale continue, and I still can remember it, how Schalke defeat Inter with Zanetti, Sforza, Zamorano, these were world class player back then, while Schalke squad consist of Thon, Wilmots, Max senior, Lehmann.

In conjuction, Dortmund won the biggest trophy against Del Piero, Vieri, Peruzzi, freaking Zidane, Deschamps. Those were nuts, one of the craziest time in my life. Seriously who can forget Ricken's goal, pure estatic. And the stupid celebration from Riedle (dude that pole contains germs and whatnot). 95% of my school friends fans of Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, Lazio, bloody Parma and Fiorentina. Those rascals thought zero chance of German club with names they never heard in their lifetime like Martin Kree and Yves Eigenrauch (is this some kind of French fashion brand?) and combined with oldies such as Kohler and Thon, able to defeat the Inter and the Juve of football world. I tell you now, that was crazy.
    Unthinkable. On the scale of Greece won the European Cup. Okay might be lesser than Greece, but still.

Back then, it was good time. The national team strove, the club also doing exceptionally good. Then the dark ages of Ribbech, Daum came to fore. But despite that, the fact still remain. No matter how big your hate towards Bayernliga (I'm not), the fact still remains they supplied the most players in German NT. And it was not an exaggeration to say that
    Dortmund only 1 notch below Bayern. From 96 winning team to 2014 WC win, Dortmund had a lot to say with the win, although might be not as much as Bayern. For me, Bayern and BVB were and are the Barca and Madrid of Bundesliga. The 90's Juve and Milan of Bundesliga. The tentpole model of Bundesliga club (kindly put the Bayern bribe hate outside, I'm not saying this thing is wrong, I'm focusing on NT here)

So, what the hell happened now?? Reus, the 30 years old winger and the kapitan, is the only starter in BVB squad. And don't say about Gotze, just don't... For me, Gotze career is a catastrophe in epic proportion. I'm not blaming him, just everytime I see Gotze play it really painful.

Back again to the topic, what the hell happen at Dortmund now? The German players being glued to the bench. Apart from Reus, the core squad all foreign. And the worst part? Even players BVB flirt with at the moment, all foreign. For me as long time NT and Bundesliga fans, this is very worrying. Everytime I read the transfer gossips revolving BVB, the
    assortment goes like this : French, Brazilian, Swiss, Belgium, English. What happen with domestic German player? I don't really care if let say Eintracht Frankfurt squad consist of all foreign (although Danny da Costa is a starter now, lets pray to God that idiot Low will start to call him to NT), because Frankfurt might be doing great this season, but we all know just like previously Mainz, Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg, Leipzig the great form will dip and they will perish to oblivion.

For me, the real staying power of Bundesliga are Bayern and BVB. Schalke and Bayer were and are mismanaged. So, it stands to reason if I expect Bayern and BVB could gives a lot in terms of NT players. Well you might said the German player in BVB squad currently are mediocre, Philipp, Schmelzer, Toljan and don't let me start on Sebastian FU Rode. Yes,
    Dahoud is inconsistent. Yes, Weigl still leaves a lot to desired. But at least, can BVB pretty please start to look into domestic talent? There should be talents, either 20's something or below 20 which has great potential. Should be.
    I know the talents well a bit dried at the moments, but at least, look into 2-3 potential German players. Please... Just because previously BVB recruited Rode, Schurrle, Toljan, doesn't mean no other German players with potential, am I right? And whats wrong with Dahoud? He might had inconsistency in his game, but he is still young. If BVB willing to give below 20's some chances, for God sake give Dahoud some chances. Talent wise he definitely not below Delaney. I'm really worry about this situation... Like it or not, BVB should be the "vice-president" of German NT squad.

chewz, lamcam and BVBFNM repped this.
  23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Welcome Blueberry_Night. For me Euro 96 was also the most magical tournament and the one I remembered most, but it ended in tragedy with Germany beating England on penalties. I was furious and being young, I especially hated Moller. However, Dortmund signed Lambert and I hated United, so I during the CL knock out stages, I wanted them to win. They won me over when they knocked out United and they had a special place in my heart since. Either always looked out for their since then, but it was an ex of mine's family, who were huge fans, that made me truly loved the club over a decade later.

As for the context of your post, I agree with it to some extent. Dortmund do need more German players, which is part of the reason I believe Brandt and Werner should be the number 1/2 targets. I also believe, they are the best fit for the club.

Part of the problem with the current German youngsters, is that they aren't playing regular top CL knock out football. They aren't competing for league titles. They don't know what it's like to constantly play under pressure. Brandt, Werner, Tah, etc need to develop this killer mentality. Sane is learning this at City and had a great game against Liverpool.

As for Dahoud, he needs to learn every point is important. Every minute of every match is important. What I like about him, is apart from his technical ability he is a fighter and is prepared to scrap and fight. His problem is I would trust him more in an away match at the Camp Nou, than I would at home against Freiburg. He needs to learn to take care with his pass and always concentrate, which I think he will get with time, but he needs minutes. I hope he breaks into the team after January. I actually have a sneaky feeling he will, because Favre knows he will need Dahoud to be at his best in the later stages of the CL.

Blueberry_night and BVBFNM repped this.
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It seems talent pools, when they come in numbers you really feel, come in waves and have to be replenished year after year. I think we see the same reduction in german players at Bayern, even more so if they hadn't gotten Kimmich and Gnabry from other teams. They'll get Werner and probably Havertz, though, but it doesn't change the general situation. When the numbers of really good German talents are low, they are more likely to all end up at Bayern than at other German clubs. We aren't in a time of that Schweinsteiger/Lahm generation strengthened by Müller, Kroos and that U21 Euro winning team of Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Khedira and Özil. The 2014 WC and the CL runs of 2013 weren't flukes. The core for the 2013 CL final teams were great german talents (obviously side by side with great foreign players as well) not because clubs were actively preferring German players.

Now, France and England have these numbers for fantastic young talents and that is where the teams are looking. Nothing wrong with that and that good situation for other countries can change, too, in a few years. From BVB's perpective, our next Götze/Reus is English, our next Hummels is Swiss or French. Only our next Gündogan might be German.

The sense of responsibility of the clubs for the national team in comparison to following their own interests is very low. So you'll only see a greater number of young German players coming up if they are actually better than their competition.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sadly they will probably get Werner, but as I said previously winning the Bundesliga and a strong showing in the CL can change things.

The bolded part is true, but it often backfires. Clubs are too quick to love the foreign player over a talented player from the academy. I admit I don't know about Hudson-Odoi, but from what I hear from Chelsea fans he probably is close to Pulisic level talent wise. Yet Chelsea won't give him the chance. The same with Sancho. Sancho is already performing at close to Mahrez levels. City would have been better off just playing him.

Then Bayern didn't buy Sane, because they didn't think he was value, which has turned out to be a huge mistake.

I have to question why Batra was a better option than Rudiger?

The added bonus German players have is they are less likely to leave.

The German players the club have brought recently have all been poor signings: Sahin, Toprak(both German nationals), Rode, Schurrle, Castro, even to an extent Gotze (who I really wanted back) are all players that have failed to make it at other top clubs and with the exception of Gotze were never going to get better.

The exceptions to this are Weigl and Dahoud.

The likes of Sane, Brandt, Werner, Tah, Henrichs, Kehrer etc have been ignored.

No doubt there is a lack of German talent, which is why we must fight Bayern for the talented players that are available. It's an uphill task, but not impossible.

Brandt we have a free shot at.
    Werner we are probably behind Bayern and Liverpool. The answer is simple. Do better than them in the CL and League.
    Havertz again likely to go to Bayern, but give them an option.

Ultimately I agree the most important thing is for the club to get the best and right players. However, sometimes the old saying is true 'a prophet( a footballer) is underappreciated in his town.'

EDIT
    I really don't think Bosz is the man to help these youngsters develop. He is not the sort of manager the likes of Havertz and Brandt need.