Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Slash and thisisthelife: how many times do I have to repeat myself? If Sarri doesn't speak German he will never be looked at by the club. That is rule number one for BVB, the coach must be fluent in German.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand why clubs from non English speaking countries are so hesitant about choosing a foreign coach. After Carlo Bayern took the same route.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This policy is bullsh*t though. Football is an international sport, and many foreign coaches work in every country. So why this outdated approach?

There is no reason why the club couldn't firstly hire an interpreter and also a language tutor if need be. Sarri is an intelligent guy, he could learn german on the job.

thisisthelife repped this.
  4. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern has had plenty of foreign managers. The only stipulation is our management wants to see them at least try to learn German. At the end of the day, big clubs are multi-national so a multi-lingual coach is a strength.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Prior to signing Kovac there was a lot of noise about who Bayern should get. Journalists speculated that it should be a German speaking one. Carlo really struggled and on the other hand Jupp speaks fluent Spanish. Meanwhile Kovac speaks accent free.

I see the benefit but it's a stupid rule nonetheless. I know in NA NHL teams don't want non English speaking coaches and there are plenty of excellent Russian ones.

6. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #31 Scheherazade, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Come on Slash, Sarri was never really available in the sense that he will say yes to the first club that asks him to join. That is delusional. Sarri always had an eye on Chelsea once Chelsea sounded him out when Conte started blathering on about missing Italy. Abramovich pays his coaches twice or thrice more than what Dortmund can pay. 3M for Favre is steep but you must realize Sarri will demand much more than 3M per year compared to Favre.

Our squad is in no way better than Chelsea.Youd have to be hardcore blinded by black and yellow to think so. They have arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world. We are contemplating paying 50M for their backup striker because we don't have a striker other than Isak ffs

I would take Chelseas squad in a heartbeat.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's no indication whatsoever that Sarri ever wanted to go to Chelsea. The 3M paid for Favre was just his release clause.

Ngolo Kante hasn't done jack in the last year despite having excellent team mates around him. Chelsea's squad is half-baked. We had two coaching changes, internal politics and a smaller budget yet managed to make it to the CL.

So no, I fail to see how Chelsea is in better shape than us. Ask Chelsea fans yourself.

8. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah, no indication other than multiple news reports about Chelsea's negotiations with Sarri.

Chelsea won the FA Cup and Kante bossed the midfield in the final buddy.

I hate to break it to you, but that is down to the falling standards of football in the Bundesliga. Sammer talked about it, he said Scheisse 04 will not be second in other leagues, they are runners up because the Bundesliga is crap. Dortmund got into the champions league with 1 win in 5 games or 2 wins in 7 to end our season. If Dortmund was competing in England, Spain or italy, we may not even get a Europa league place.

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The only current Dortmund player that would definitely get in the current Chelsea team is Reus. Raphael and Sokratis would have a shot if they were in peak form/fitness, as would an in-form Weigl.

That's it imo. The likes of Burki, Schmelzer, Sahin, Castro and Schürrle wouldn't be anywhere near Chelsea's bench, let alone getting regular playing time.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Chelsea have the much better squad and the better 11, but they too are in need a of big overhaul.

Kante has been excellent this year. He just won Chelsea player of the season.

I agree the Bundesliga is in a terrible place, but there are some good managers, that could do a lot given time. The problem is they keep losing their best players.

Reus is the only world class player in the Dortmund team and the only player who is good enough to make the Chelsea team on merit. That being said we have players with excellent potential like: Sancho, Weigl, Dahoud, Raphael and Pulisic. We need these guys to step up.

11. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    #36 funkadellik, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    IMG_4490.JPG

Marius Wolf the new signing!! Just 5M€ for his release clause.

And according to kicker, sokratis is ready in arsenal.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I like the signing although it's always a gamble whether a player can reproduce one breakout season. But it's definately a good investment for such a dynamic and versatile young player.

13. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We r lacking in defence and they go on and buy another winger.... So far the start of this summer looks like yet another fail

14. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Papa is leaving us but don't worry, thanks to the tactical genius' foresight we have Ömer Toprak, and local BVB are celebrating this. Idiots.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He isn't a pure winger though. He can play further back on the right side as well or possibly even in the central midfield. There are, of course, more important positions to cover but with a 5 million release clause, it's either us or one of the other upper BL clubs who get him.

16. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm not saying wolf is not worth those 5 mil. I'm saying that we need a good gk, new rb, new lb, and ideally 2 cbs with a striker and all we got is an average gk on a free transfer and wolf for already overloaded midfield for 5 mil. We got 200+ mil from dembs and auba start putting that money to good use once and do an actual squad overhaul

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These transfers reek of a management that has no ambition. Instead, they are counting on him developing further so they can cash in on him.

Basically, it's not that Hummels, Gundogan, Miki etc. left that concerns them the most, it's that Lewandowski left for free, Götze at a cut price and the rest at a lower profit.

Why can't we get a management team that actually has sporting ambitions?

thisisthelife repped this.
  18. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Another German player with that stupid Hitlerjugend haircut. Typical young right winger, nothing special.

19. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I really am having a hard time making sense of this Marius Wolf signing ... where do they intend to play him ... ? Alongside Pulisic, Sancho, Yarmolenko, Reus, Phillip and that's 5 players for 2 positions, assuming ofcourse Shurlle leaves. And Hitz as a goalkeeper ??? What are they doing ... ?

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marius Wolf says on Instagram that playing for BVB was a childhood dream of his. Hopefully this is different from the childhood dreams Miki had of playing for BVB, United and Arsenal. Hey maybe if Barcelona paid me 6M a year to play for them I might remember some childhood dreams about playing for them too.

thisisthelife and TimBenneth repped this.
  21. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Cant be too fussed over Wolf. There is no risk, he is a squad player and unfortunately for frankfurt we pay only 5M. If he works out, good, if he does not, we can still make a profit off selling him.

22. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    exactly, rather have a flop for 5 mil than a flop for 30 mil

23. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He's a much more skilled version of Grosskreutz and, for what it's worth, I think BvB needs a player like this on the squad.

24. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    loool : )

Well, the risk would be in that they fester squad disunity ... when you have 6 players vying for 2 starting spots, you're going to have a lot of dour faces in that dressing room. Even with the 5 mil fee, no matter which way u look at it, I think this is a huge mistake ... the same can be said of Hitz, but I'm happy to be proved wrong ...

25. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Think Wolf at that price is a plus , he’s versatile .
    Not impressed with the Favre appointment , think BVB’s ambition is now top 4 Buli .
    Don’t understand the Hitz appointment , we should be upgrading on Burki .
    We need to make a statement this summer as club and league are seen as in decline .
    How we get rid of Rode , Schurrle , Castro and hopefully Yarmolenko will be very difficult
    . Should be easier with Sahin ,Socrates and Toljan and Durm .
    Some other first team players like Pisczek and Schmelzer are also no longer good enough , but will stay.
    Dahoud needs to step up this season or get rid ,and still not convinced by Goetze , but think his decline was down to Stogers lack of tactics .
    So basically most of our squad is shit , we don’t need more like Delaney. Not convinced Batshuyai is good enough either and , he is waiting to see if someone else comes in for him if he has s good World Cup .