News: Transfer Thread 2017-18 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I would like to see him back in Europe but not Barca. Good move for Lucas Lima IMO if true.

5. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any other year I'd be thrilled to see Paulinho wear the Barca shirt ;) but not this year. He moved to Tottenham a year before the World Cup last time and was a shell of himself.

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    What Barca board don't realize is Tite magic only works for the national team not club. This has a very high chance of backfiring against Paulinho.

During a World Cup year, I don't think any of our boys should change clubs with the exception of guys like Gabigol, Douglas Costa, etc who need to move to get a better chance of making the 23 man roster.

celito repped this.
  7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's be honest with ourselves for a second. You are really scared that he's going to destroy Madrid. :p

MerlinRM repped this.
  8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrigo Caio to Zenit.

Bad move imo. They don't really let players go unless they don't want you anymore or Asia overpays.

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Douglas Costa is going to Juventus on loan!!

10. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Alves to PSG.

11. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And I know Pep is so pissed off about that!!:p

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    A couple of promising talents have moved. Thiago Maia to Lille and Douglas Luiz to Manchester City then loaned out. Douglas should of waited IMO.

13. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Neymar should go to PSG and Coutinho to Barca. That would be good for the Brazilian national team. Ideally Messi should have moved out of Barca and Neymar and Coutinho played there together. But the guy won't budge from his comfort zone. Neymar has no future there.

14. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Doc,

Buddy I greatly disagree with you on that one!! Neymar's career will surely fall once he goes to PSG!! Just like Robinho's did when he left Real Madrid for Man City!! As a Barca fan I would've rather seen Neymar go to Real Madrid than PSG!!

Neymar is acting like a college kid, because the work is getting a bit harder and he's not the University's Class President, then he's going to listen to his daddy and go study at a High School so he can be a big fish in a small pond!!:rolleyes:

15. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    I agree with Real Madrid. If Messi doesn't leave, he should ideally play for Real Madrid (although their supporters can be super pricks at times). But that's not gonna happen, especially after that Pigo incident. And PSG is the only other team that can afford him. It's not like he has a choice. At Barca, he can't even take a free kick on his own, even if it favors a right-footed player. For a player of his caliber, his situation at Barca is terrible. He has absolutely no need to play second fiddle to anyone!

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, because he is going to be the protagonist at RM ... :rolleyes:

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As a Barca fan ? Really ? You're strange.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So he should wait his turn when an opportunity presents itself? Especially an opportunity that will pay him a considerable amount of money. It's not like he's going to China. He will be playing UCL football at the highest level.

MerlinRM repped this.
  19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm really shocked at how much people have been shitting on Ligue 1. It has a long history of Brazilian players who've flourished there and they've been upholding that these past few seasons. Thiago Silva was in his prime when he made the move.

He will be ok with the move. He will flourish and have his own team. And most importantly, he and his father will be receiving a lot of money.

Before the 6-1, folks were pegging PSG as contenders to win CL. One bad result and people treat them like a joke.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's just a level below La Liga. It makes little sense for Neymar to go there at this point from a competition point of view. Not to mention he will get less exposure world wide there.

If it's all about the money ... it's pretty freaking sad.

21. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Strange why? Because as a Barca fan I don't hate R. Madrid!! :rolleyes:Just like as a Brazil fan I don't hate Argentina!! Damn this is reminding me of the same shit I went through 10 years ago in this board when Colorado Gaucho questioned me being a Brazil fan!! :cool:

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So being the #1 guy at the club while leading them to a UCL title doesn't have any allure? If you held a gun to my head and asked me what I thought is best, I'd probably say stay at Barca. But I can't criticize the PSG move too much because there's more to it than just the money -- see my reason above. Messi is going to remain at Barca for the immediate future and I don't see his form slipping like Ronaldinho where Neymar would receive the recognition he'd deserve (being better than Messi) while he's there. For example, Messi could score more goals than Neymar, but Neymar is more influential than Messi in Barcelona's success and the world will still rate Messi higher than Neymar. But if Neymar can lead PSG to a UCL title and have success with the Selecao, it'll be hard to deny Neymar the Balon d'Or.

MerlinRM and Harambe Alvinegro repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not hate. But you can't wish one of your best players to go to your rival. Yeah ... that's just stupid.

24. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    The highlands between DRC and Rwanda
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought you were luke warm on it , you sound like me or Dani Alves trying to push it through. I think a lot of people analyzing this are looking at a different game. The lgs aren't as important anymore and the guise la liga challenging players more is a bit much since the talent disparity is enormous most matches , just like in the French lg. The game has changed and Neymar knows how to play it. Everyone else is playing on 2008 software. Plus like you said him leading psg was what sold me, its overall better for the European game too.

25. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess I'm thinking more of country than club!! Cause if Neymar went to Madrid(either one) he still would be in a much more competitive league!!