Transfer Stuff (in season) [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tell that to the Birmingham supporters who made their feelings known to Steve Bruce when word got out he was looking to bring Lee Bowyer in. We saw how that turned out.

I think if enough Everton supporter did the same, it could have an effect. Emphasis on "could."

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Which I'm sure will be a great relief to the first teammate he coldcocks in training.

Barton has seven goals and 11 yellow cards this season. Does Moyes really want to drop 5.5m on a guy who's just as likely to get suspended (or even arrested) as score?

3. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    According to my sources, Sidwell is close to agreeing terms with Chelsea.

4. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a laugh.

I guess he didn't feel he was getting enough playing time at Reading.

Sidwell's a very good player but mark my words, he'll end up like SWP, Parker, Duff, and the rest who've headed over there and found that when you play for Chelsea, you're just another squad player.

Career mistake in the making if he makes that move. I think he should have stayed at Reading myself. If he had to move, then Everton, Bolton, Newcastle, or Spurs would be much better destinations.

5. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    We all knew it was happening anyway, but Richard Wright and Alessandro Pistone have been released by Everton.

6. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Are you still looking for a LB, or can Naysmith, Valente, and Lescott be able to hold it down?

Speaking of LBs, will Paddy Boyle be ready for the first team next year?

7. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When not injured, Valente was very competent in that spot. Don't know if he's going to be able to keep it with the form of the current backline.

Boyle? Dunno. Haven't seen or heard enough about him.

8. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Boyle won't be ready next year, as I believe he's been injured for a majority of this year.
    Valente signed a 1-yr contract a a few months back, looking like he'll be a favorite to start. Naysmith may be gone this summer. Will probably on stay if we continue to use him as a squad player.

9. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    Heard you're not going to sign Fernandes:(

Hes been superb except when coming off injury..and even then scored a screamer vs united playing out of position:D

12 million could be to much though, and with cahill and arteta you dont need a flashy skillfull D-mid like fernandes, but a hardworker like barton whose less then half the price( i hate the ******** though)
    shame, everton would have been a good fit for him for a few seasons and u would have made a massive amount of cash after selling him!

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Few news:

Luke Young and Phil Jagielka are being targeted by Everton. I think they would be good players, I think Young can usurp Hibbert and Neville at RB as well.
    Nigel Reo-Coker for 5 million pounds...no thanks.
    Everton are prepared to give Anderson de Silva a new deal at the club. Probably short term, but I think he can do alright for us, especially in Europe where he has experience.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Rumor has it that Arda Turan, 20 year old Galatasary right/left winger, will be signing for Everton ahead of Chelsea :eek: for 5.5 million pounds

i've heard that this kid is the future of Turkish football. Sounds promising enough

12. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA

Is this true? I figured at first someone was just trying to play a joke to get our hopes up...

13. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    He's very good, I've seen him play before. He's a speedy, fairly flamboyant winger who has two perfect feet and plenty of tricks.

However, the downsides. He can't defend at all, and he can't speak a bean of English.

I very much doubt he'll be coming to us though, where did you hear it from?

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Hey, I only said "Rumor has it.." But Turkish News has it now, and its on wiki....

15. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has that been confirmed?

16. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Nope, but it's almost certain that the only way we'll see him next year is on loan. Which I hear might be likely.

17. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Big Sam hasn't been wasting time... Bramble, Moore, Bernard, Pavel Srnicek and Oguchi Onyewu.

Wouldn't mind picking up Bramble. I reckon it's more likely a team like Brum will snap him up though.

18. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Say wha?!?!

Bramble is the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    :eek: Did he just say that????

20. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    By saying Brum are more likely to snap him up, I was implying we couldn't give him regular first team football.

The thing is, he's free and got a hell of a lot to prove. What's very important to think about though is that Joey will be off to the African nations around February (I think), so having a backup with Premiership experience wouldn't be the worst thing...

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I tihnk everyone that I've talked to about him thinks he's horrible.

I think there are better options out there for free...Hermann Hreidarsson, Onyewu, me, Sarabella, you, Mao Zedong...:D

22. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
  23. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd want Onyewu over Bramble.

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'd take the Easter Bunny over Bramble - The bunny would be quicker, able to jump, and has 100 times better positional awareness, and can make a last ditch tackle Carra style if required! :D

Plus you'd only need to pay him peanuts.... well carrots maybe

25. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Easter Bunny is available?!?!

That changes everything. Seriously though, I guess I did state the obvious earlier...:D