Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Si han existido ofertas incluso desde hace más de dos años de la Roma pero lo tasan muy alto los de Monterrey. Hubo otra del Sporting.

DankYummy repped this.
  2. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

If true this is gonna be the biggest poop fest since Vela said no to the NT

3. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Eh, it depends on the club.

4. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'll only forgive him if he goes to a top 8 European Club.

LGRod, Neymadres, Kaney and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can a club even do that considering it's a FIFA sanctioned tournament? Would be cool if he moves to a top club but I very much doubt that story

LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  6. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dude deserved a break before the World Cup, he played in 2 Copa Americas and a Gold Cup, 2 of those were in the same summer.

Maybe he could have stayed for the US game though..

chivamex10, Adrian559, Sugatot and 6 others repped this.
  7. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah doubt it. Didn't have an offer from Barca when he left and turned them down for playing time with Twente? I mean, I know they didn't want him for the first team but I remember reading he had an offer from them.

Besides they already said it was for personal reasons.

DankYummy repped this.
  8. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why would poeple poop on that, I am sure people who support out NT would love love to see him go to a big club

9. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guessed this in the Confederations Cup thread. I said the only reasons to not play would a death or very bad sickness in the family, or he's negotiating with a new club that told him they would prefer he didn't play in this tourney.

10. CF_Bavaro

CF_Bavaro Member

Jun 7, 2015
    no era penal
    Club:
    Club América
    I call BS on this..remember he left right before the game against the nads, not before the confederations.. and he even deleted all his social media accounts..this is opportunist journalism.
    There is even another dude named axel that is saying that tecatito is close to returning to rayados.

sowrong, Kaney, ipaman and 1 other person repped this.
  11. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If this is true, I don't mind that he missed the CC since he really hasn't had a summer break in years. But he should have stayed for the nad game.

DankYummy repped this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Exactly these types of fake news don't deserve clicks, they deserve condemnation. The player, manager, and federation said it was for personal reasons and everyone should believe them and move on. If he did move this window we have to assume both is leave and move are unrelated period. That approach is the only way these tabloid "journalists" will go away.

sowrong, DankYummy and CF_Bavaro repped this.
  13. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1713 and1football, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Still, the tweet can be plausible. According to wiso, Tecatitos wife tweeted something about that. Edit : My bad, he said she's been posting on social media like nothing Is wrong

14. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    #1714 ipaman, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Agreed I'm just saying if we discuss in this thread the rumors should strictly be about his move and potential new club not repercussions of lying and his national team exit. Not the right thread imo. That specific tweet for example has two sections, the first section(the rumor of signing) is probably true. The second section sounds like made up BS. This is a typical tactic of bad journalism. They say a truth to gain trust but then connect/follow up with speculation trying to make their entire report sound true.

Me personally I don't care, a private life deserves privacy. We should only care when they wear a jersey.

15. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Or when it's a police matter and it affects all of society.

16. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    Fack OJ, he was/is guilty

Neymadres, DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  17. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A club can request that a player not go and can try to work something out with the NT but clubs are bound by Fifa to release players for official FIFA matches. Of course the NT would try to avoid burning as many bridges as they can since they sometimes want to call players out of Fifa dates.

Either way like you said I doubt the story is true.

Kaney repped this.
  18. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If he pulled out for "personal reasons" that later turned out to be "professional" reasons, I think he and his club can be sanctioned by FIFA. If that is what happened, then I would have no problems seeing sanctions on him and Porto. Another poaster mentioned he's played in a lot of tourneys the last couple summers. Fine, then say you need rest.

I agree with you tho and also doubt there is truth to this...

Otaku repped this.
  19. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Pretty sure this isn't correct.

Players are free to decide to play for their national teams if they want. If it's an official competition the club cannot keep them from going. Obviously Porto didn't do that with the WCF.... if Corona decides on his own to leave the camp he can't be sanctioned.... he is not a prisoner to the national team... if half they CC squad decided tomorrow they wanted to go home... they could just leave. As far as I know they are there voluntarily and can leave whenever they want if they want to.

20. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  21. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When Vela was not wanting to be called I remember there being talks of sanctions against him if he denied an official call up.

TrDm1n3r repped this.
  22. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think you are entitled to not play but I think it has to meet certain requirements and or agreement between player and federation. I'm pretty sure claiming "personal issue" or "injury" when it is not so can get you sanctioned... Well, it can get clubs sanctioned. I'm not positive about players.

Otaku repped this.
  23. Chuky

Chuky Member

May 22, 2017
    Only if FMF complained to FIFA, which they never did.
    If the NT, corona and the club is ok with with him not participating in the confederations cup then I think FIFA won't take any actions

Kaney and Otaku repped this.
  24. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with this if the reason given was the actual reason. If he said personal reasons and that later turns out to be BS, then I think he can be sanctioned.

I've seen other reports of players being threatened with sanctions for similar issues, Isaac Promise and Victor Moses for Nigeria, Joel Matip for Cameroon, Vela for Mexico...

I've not seen FIFA actually impose a sanction but I believe I've read that the sanction is limited to restricting the player playing for his club for a couple of games after the call-up in question.

25. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Na, you can't force someone to play international football bruh.