Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he's only going to get worse regardless...he's at his peak. I don't necessarily agree that he wouldn't get called regularly. I think more depends on whether he can stay on the fmf's good graces.

The NT has nothing to do with it, it's not about getting paid on their level. you somehow think the teams have an obligation to make the nt great but they don't. The club is a business with their own set of goals.....make money and win. As part of that, Pachuca is investing in their youth academies to not depend on just buying players and yes, to sell players if it's beneficial to them.

Pachuca already sold Pizarro and selling Chuki with little in return will really hurt the team. They still need to win after Chuki leaves. It may not matter to you because you only want to see him light it up in a top tier league.

I also think you're devaluing liga mx. There can be much worse leagues a player could "stagnate". Liga mx is a very strong league with a more than respectable level of play. Not just anyone can hack it Mexico, let alone shine. There's a reason most of our best players that have left have succeeded on some level and that's because they were already good and already tested. I don't see anything wrong with anyone choosing to stay in Mexico.

Way I see it is that if they're good enough, they'll find their way to Europe somehow. Chuki's time will come and I think he's ready for just about any league now.

Phenom, blue4211, jaimes and 2 others repped this.
  2. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @LGRod has a point about pacto de caballeros tho.

If LigaMX was transparent and respected player rights (as workers) as other leagues did, players could simply play out their contracts and go to Europe as free agents once a contract has expired. If they are tempted to stay by a fat contract, that's one thing. However I suspect more than a few are strong-armed by the league and individual teams into signing extensions. Being left out of the NT, being ostracized/publicly criticized in Mexico, etc...

Phenom, DankYummy, SixKick and 3 others repped this.
  3. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're very realistic with any of your views or at least you're not considering everything.

Herrera could very well "rot" in Italy if he can't play well. Herrera is still imo our best mf, even when he's making horrible passes, his defensive work goes largely unnoticed. Corona is similar to hh in that they can't cement their spot and can't remain consistent.

Raul and JDS can ball in any league. Guardis is on fumes, his level maybe dipping. I think he's ready for MLS.

DankYummy, Kaney and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    who knows tbh, but can we really bring up real examples where this has happened? I don't know.

It hasn't been all bad for them though. Many times it's been said that the players make too much money...wages too high for the buying team to match. Layun took a pay cut...so it's not all the big bad pacto, players enjoy that additional security.

I do think the players should unionize if collectively they think they're getting shafted.

SixKick and Kaney repped this.
  5. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Isn't that the what the Asociacion de Jugadores is looking to crack down on?

6. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it's reasonable to assume that this does happen in Mexico.

Internationally, FIFPro should help them organize...

Extend Bosman ruling to all FIFA member leagues.

Stiff penalties for any clubs or leagues interfering including up to bans or NT exclusions from major tournaments.

Look at Serbia right now. Horrible.

LGRod repped this.
  7. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    but you can't say he will if he hasn't tried! He's probably bored of Porto by now.
    I agree about JDS and Raul balling anywhere. Guardis should consider Mexico instead.

The best take too long to leave (Fabian). Some fizzle out in Liga MX (or get plagued with injuries) before they reach Europe. Its up to the clubs to develop more young players instead buying hasbeens or foreigners. Staying in Mexico is a sign of no ambition, they should all try to strive to play in Europe and better our national team. Its not like how it was in the 90's. They need to play the best to be the best. Yes the clubs have a right to look out for their own interests but Liga MX doesn't have much to show for selling their players too expensive. Zidane confused America de Cali with Club America and was probably puzzled as to why Sevilla's anthem played. We're second rate despite producing a handful of players. Also Conmebol kicked us out of Libertadores and non Mexican fans won't even notice!

DankYummy and Kaney repped this.
  8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If a LigaMX club wants to offer Guardado what an MLS club supposedly is offering, then by all means... If not, let the brother get paid. He's earned the right to seek a fat retirement check and ride off into the sunset...

9. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    notice how players like that play well under certain managers and bad with other ones? Guardado under Piojo was great. Guardado under Osorio/Chepo? Oof. He just needs to find a system that works. He's not that old.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  10. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    to be fair to Guardado under Osorio, he's older

DankYummy, thedragonrik58 and LGRod repped this.
  11. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And also Osorio's a pendejo. Not sure whats going on with his club team though. Boys made of glass.

12. tienesqueregresar

Nov 15, 2016
    Raul and JDS remind me of players who are solid in every aspect but not exacty world class. They both deserve to start in CL in a top 5-10 team in europe

13. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  14. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Perhaps, but cheech to ManU still tops them all in terms of unbelievable.

I think he could hang on any team...but he's a spazz. Reminds me of pele in that sense.

chivamex10 repped this.
  15. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, Raul had the chance to do something with Atletico but he couldn't score... scoring consistently is probably his biggest concern as a striker.

Jona is decent in most aspects but he doesn't seem to be elite in anything. With Villareal he doesn't really stand out. Not sure how he's top 5-10 material.

DankYummy repped this.
  16. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    he barely played with Atletico and instead of giving him minutes they were starting El Niño Torres every game.

DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  17. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, he was given plenty of minutes at first, and managed only 1 goal. Then he started playing benchwarmer to Niño.

Granted, I think he should've been given another season, but I'm glad he's found his rhythm at Benfica.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

18. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He played 576 minutes mostly during the first half of the season and only scored once. I don't think Atletico's decision to go with Torres was unfounded.

thedragonrik58 and DankYummy repped this.
  19. tienesqueregresar

Nov 15, 2016
    Raul isn't the only Mexican to have issues making the jump from liga mx to europe in their first season Some examples are Herrera, reyes and fabian. The style is much different and he looks much more solid now than in athletico

20. iveman27

iveman27 Member+

Feb 7, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    eres una nina

Overachiever and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  21. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    all that Will ferrell money....

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  22. I concur.

Y que chinge su madre la MLS y sus fanboys.

DankYummy, chivamex10 and LGRod repped this.
  23. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  24. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico