Transfer Rumors

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Can we just get rid of the draft and adopt the Euro transfer window?

2. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    The draft is probably the dumbest thing I've heard. It's regurgitation of mediocre players.

3. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It makes sense, Fabians form dropped drastically after 2012. Liga MX is not designed in the players best interest one bit.

Kaney, slkdave, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  4. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    This isn't really something people can hate on IMO. The explanation is pretty straight forward, we can't hire anyone to replace you so we can't let you go. Late transfers are bad for everyone.

LaMascara and Kaney repped this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    oh yes we can because this is like telling someone "sorry my hands are tied" except that you tied them yourself willingly and are happy about it.

DankYummy repped this.
  6. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    OneZoro, LGRod, DaTruth and 5 others repped this.
  7. DankYummy

DankYummy Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He'd be better off at Belgium team Anderlecht, I hope Santos does what's best for him and Sandoval and send them off asap

Philip J. Fry, Overachiever and Kaney repped this.
  8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They have to meet Santos valuation...

They are a business after all...

DankYummy repped this.
  9. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    I don't see how it's the responsibility of a club to accommodate a late transfer. I don't know the full story but if I'm a coach or a president and I get an offer from a club like right when the transfer season is ending, my feeling is they can ******** off.

LGRod, LaMascara and Kaney repped this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    because the clubs tied their own hands and can easily undo the knot if they want to but they don't. they want to treat the players like cattle. that's why their excuse is disingenuous. their excuse is bullshit explanation about an artificially created tiny transfer window that was created and closed by themselves remind you. just admit, they facked vidrio and continue to fack most all other players over too.

icybauer, Kaney, Emigomez and 2 others repped this.
  11. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #2911 Emigomez, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    i dont disagree but for some players the opportunity to play in Europe comes once in a lifetime and it is the dream of many to have a shot at the big leagues. You never know what couldv been, look how much Layun changed by going to Europe and he was a late bloomer.

I just hoped that with all the youth teams and all the cantera something could be done to replace a player at the last minute but it seems that they try to milk the players all they can as long as it's legal. Makes sense why so few of our products return when they retire, hell Maza went to play for America after his Euro tour was over. I wonder if Chicharito will even return ever. If Orbelin had a euro offer i bet he wasnt the one in the decision making to turn it down. Orbelin and the other liga mx champions will get to watch H. Lozano (someone from his generation) grow exponentially in Europe while they wait another season and its not looking like a good season so make that 2+ seasons . As a mod earlier said : When they go abroad and see how professional people are at doing business they dont want to do business back at home.

Idk if it's just me but i see it a catastrophe that Chivas allowed a Mexican player like Vela go to MLS over Chivas or even Gio and Jona. Something is not right in that equation, we are limited to only Mexicans and can't even beat the MLS in recruiting those players? Maybe its just me who finds that ridiculous

12. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    I did not quite follow your post. You are for young players going abroad but want established players to come back ?

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  13. Emigomez

Emigomez Red Card

Dec 15, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im saying that Chivas (or any liga mx club for that matter) needs to be the facilitator towards a path to Europe not an obstacle. Like any business if you want your costumers to come back and do business in the future again you need to be fair. Im saying that if given the opportunity players should be allowed to go abroad so that when their euro campaign ends they can return to the club that helped them get there and do business again . It's a win win.

DankYummy and Tarascokid repped this.
  14. Tarascokid

Tarascokid Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Aug 8, 2017
    Anyone have any rumours on the final key guys still with no new team?
    Layun?
    Aquino?
    Herrera?
    Most importantly Diego Reyes? Can't believe Porto didn't sell him to Español. He needs to be playing before WC and all he's done so far at Porto is chill on the bench!

DankYummy repped this.
  15. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they're all on teams?

16. Tarascokid

Tarascokid Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hi mate- that's why I clarified in my first sentence "no NEW" team.

Keen to know if they are staying with their current squads or moving on. Chose those guys because there were tons of rumours of them getting transferred but nothing has transpired, so interested in any updates.

sowrong repped this.
  17. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can't believe fawken Tigres didn't let go any of Aquino or Damm. Unless we get a surprise but seems unlikely now that rumors have died

Tarascokid, DankYummy and megadeath repped this.
  18. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reyes will most likely move on, no news on Layun, Aquino to my knowledge.

Tarascokid, DankYummy and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  19. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Oh. Ok. In an ideal world that could work but don't think this system is realistic.

20. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    Tigre's is a place where European dreams go to die. You should know that by now.

Philip J. Fry, LGRod and DankYummy repped this.
  21. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They don't need to do anything. Clubs can and will act in their own best interests.

Getting rid of pacto de caballeros will help players. Once teams know they can't collude to screw a player, more players will leave on free transfers which means clubs will be more inclined to sell players at reasonable prices...

JJV1994, Tarascokid, Neymadres and 5 others repped this.
  22. megadeath

megadeath Member+

Oct 10, 2009
    This Only in Mexico does something like "el pacto" even legal. Wish anti-trust laws existed in Mexico to put the screw to these club owners.

But we are all too familiar with the culture of corruption that prevails and holds the country back.

JJV1994, DankYummy, Emigomez and 2 others repped this.
  23. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    I've seen these "team monitoring player" reports before and have come to realize what this actually means is that someone told player or players agent that scout from xyz team is "monitoring" them and that the team isn't really as interested as the report indicates.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hugo Sanchez and Kaney repped this.
  24. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Or it's the players agent putting out the rumor to leverage a better contract though that probably isn't the case here...

Hempseed07, ipaman and LGRod repped this.
  25. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund