Transfer Rumors and Signings, Winter 2007

Discussion in 'France' started by Inara, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I thought it seemed prudent to start up a new thread for this, especially given the fact that many juicy transfers are about to take place.

Here are a few rumors involving clubs:

Lyon: Every striker on the planet has been linked with Lyon, it seems like. Aulas has said the Trezeguet track is closed, and we know he's given permission to Houllier for another striker, and Houllier has ruled out Baros. Some names that keep popping up: Nilmar, Piquionne, Milito, Nicklas Bendtner, Nicolae Dica (though he's cup-tied), Roque Santa Cruz, Ante Rukavina, Arouna Kone, and even Michael Owen!

Tons of articles, here's just one at Sky Sports.

Maybe this is all a ploy, and they're really making a bid for Eto'o. :eek:

Also, there were some rumors in the US that Houllier was one of the options for a new national team coach. I don't know if that's been verified though.

Lille: Liverpool, ManU, and Arsenal are contemplating bidding for Mathieu Bodmer. ManU has also been interested in Jean II Makoun. Also, Mathieu Chalme has been making noises about leaving.

Bodmer

PSG: We know Gallardo is coming this winter from River Plate. Could Lacombe be on his way out?

Bordeaux: Rio Mavuba has often been targeted by some Premiership clubs, and if Bordeaux doesn't get a LDC slot, he'll probably leave.

Marseille: SVEN-GORAN ERIKSSON. Crazy.

Nantes: Barthez signed up. Hopefully he can help lift the club out of the relegation zone. Also, Wilhelmsson wants to leave.

Anything else?

BTW, I secretly wish Pauleta had signed for Lyon last year, even if it would have benefited him more than Lyon. He's such a great player, and I think he deserved the opportunity to play in the LDC and win a championship. He doesn't deserve to sit two spots from the relegation zone.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I understand what you are saying but I applaud him for being loyal to his club and the supporters.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    agreed. when all is said and done he'll be proud of that.

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California