Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

For me isnt a horrible idea.....but he is being imoortant for ataletico recently. I douhtnthat simeone let him go.

Inter is also looking for a new right back

sidspaceman repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't want him to go to Milan. First, because just like you said, it seems that Simeone is starting to believe in him again and second, Milan today is a pure crap. Going there won't help him professionally even if he'll start every game. I prefer that he'll fight over his spot in a good team, in this case. Inter on the other hand, won't be a bad idea.

3. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah Milan play terrible soccer right now and are cycling through coaches beaus they are such a mess. They mix and match the team continuously and can't find form, its a mess and would be risky for any player to go and the atmosphere around the club seems to be getting more and more toxic.

pibe10 repped this.
  4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #4429 pepinointer, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Time and football isnt static.

Nobody would say to nandez that join cagliari would be a good idea and they are having a great season...

If milan manages to make a great market can improve

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cagliari is a small club compared to Milan and the expectations and pressure is not the same as AC Milan, Nandez as well was playing for Boca and the jump to Europe isn't always made easy because of European bias, so quite often you might have to move to a smaller club to get exposure.

Milan have had problems over multiple years and multiple seasons, they've had a bunch of coaches and they've brought in and moved on lots of players but have not been able to find a style, system or continuity through multiple attempts over multiple years. There is a big sample size of problems with a lot of pressure and a player can't count on a coach being there for long.

Risky moves can work, but they are risky and Arias is an established player who has done well at Atletico and plays at one of the most consistent clubs in terms of identity/system and coach and he is very clearly on lots of big clubs radars. In my opinion he doesn't have to take risks, he could get a move with a much better chance of success and continuity which is important for your career, we have lots of examples of Colombian players who took moves to teams that were unstable and that were risky and it really hurt their careers at the time, you avoid that by not taking big risks when its not necessary. (see James with Madrid, Falcao with Chelsea and Man United, Mina with Barca). All risky for different reasons, but imo Arias has the resume to pick a safe move if he wants it, and Milan is very risky especially for fullbacks if you look at how many have come and gone for them in the last 3 years.

Conti, Theo Hernandez, Ricardo Rodriguez, Laxalt, Davide Calabria, Abate have all been in and out of the squad it's been a half way house for fullbacks and if Arias is gonna move from a place where he's in a rotation at a very big club that plays in the champions league and fights for titles imo he should go somewhere more stable and that's shown it plays well and can help grow him as a player.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Prefer he plays where he could start

honestly inter would be incredible. Him in the Candreva role. He is so much better attacking them defending. I just don’t then no he has the stamina to play that role

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't think he'd be a very good fit for Inter under Conte. Candreva is basically a forward/winger who has adapted to play in the 3-5-2 system, Arias can't come close to offering what Candreva does offensively on the ball, he's more of a traditional fullback he can play wingback but I don't see its ideal for him at all.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There's rumors about Saint Etienne y Bordeaux being interested in Morelos this winter but those rumors seem to be dying down a bit and denied.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morelos is getting better all the time and he might even play in Copa America.. Rangers have a chance to make big bucks if they have patience. He's never even injured so there is no risk. I'm sure he will stay at Rangers.

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    The move is there lots of mid table teams in all the big leagues will be after him, just a matter of which one he wants and how much Celtic will demand. Those teams will likely be priced out if the Aston Villa and premier league interest is real, they're likely to overpay imo the French teams won't.

11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't like him to go to either St. Etienne or Bordeaux. I think he should stay at Glasgow until he'll have a better offer. Mid-table teams in Italy, England, Spain or Germany, hopefully ones that actually play also in Europe. St. Etienne and Bordeaux seem more "grey" to me.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Now that falcao left monaco...i realize how i dont care about french leag

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly. It looks like PSG and that's it. Nothing interesting in this league.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no way they have the money for him. He goes to England or he goes to the MLS. I can’t see any other league paying what the Scottish team wants.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why not? He is totally worth it in this market. He is a very good scorer, why wouldn't they pay it? Turkish clubs can also bid for him.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    do teams have the money in small leagues you think a top table team will want him?

so it’s a bottom feeder or mid table team in a top 4 league. They just don’t have the 20 mill to take a chance on a Scottish league player.

dude would love for him to go to a better league but the insane amount his club wants it will be a epl team or mls

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    actually is a league with big talent, and good rosters (monaco, marseille, nice, lyon), maybe they have the best youth systems in the world right now......but dont know they should manage their marketing, some stadiums are worse than colombian ones....

18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    MLS is not behind England for transfer fees. Usually mid table teams in France don't have a ton of money, but lots of those clubs are selling young players for huge amounts and that money can go back into the market, Bordeaux sold Malcom and St. Etienne sold Saliba and a few others recently so the funds are there its just a matter of if they want to reinvest high or really young and low. Morelos has the potential upside to command a really big fee if he can go to France and keep doing what he's doing, mid table French sides could get a boost to a champions league spot while also making a profit.

All that said I think the EPL sides will splash the cash if they want him, but in all honesty I like our players jumping to France/Italy/Spain initially then make a bigger jump to the big clubs in big leagues.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i remember how bad was this guy in america de mexico and then arrive to mls and become XI all stars team.......then we have to pretend is a super top league because marketing says that to us...........

sidspaceman and Bomb8 repped this.
  20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To be fair he was awesome at Santos before going for big money to club America.

Azucarero repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah was younger, in this moment of his careerr he will only stand out in poor level leagues like mls....his 3 years in america with a lot of different coaches, just tell how his bad level in that league was beyond "looking for big money"

is like zuñiga that sucks at the end of his career in colombia........not mean he didnt have level before for italy.....

sidspaceman repped this.
  22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Minnesota is beautiful in the summer. Problem is summer is only like a month :p..... that is some freaking frozen tundra weather up there. I knew he wouldnt be happy too long. He'll settle much better in Houston.

pepinointer repped this.
  23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator