Transfer Rumors Abroad

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Dec 20, 2013.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This is true. No one is arguing which is the better situation.
    I am saying that from the rumors I am reading staying at Rangers is what I think is best so far.
    I do not think the other options are worth it. Unless there is one on the table I have not seen which there could be.

2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A couple of weeks ago there were rumours that scouts from Frankfurt went to see Morelos play. I'm sure there will be many options in the summer.

3. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think Juve, Barca, ManU, Bayern etc. will be after him even if he stays.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank goodness they have some sense.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Germany could be the best rumor but going from Dortmund Rumors to Frankfurt seems like a downward trend.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really he has a better shot at adapting

Not scoring for a few games at Dortmund he gets benched and replaced at Frankfurt they would use a huge part of their transfer budget so will have to give him more time

7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have to be realistic here, Morelos has done everything right, but he is still young and has yet to prove himself in a big league or the NT. We have no idea how serious Dortmund is about him, these are just rumors.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am looking at it as realistic as possible. I don't think the options are best for him but the German one may be the one I'd prefer.
    Let's see how it plays out.

Bomb8 repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nope

10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #3785 villus, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Sure going from Dortmund to Frankfurt is a downward trend but don't sleep on Frankfurt. They play really well and attack and press a ton, great place for a striker to play and develop just look at Luka Jovic who is now linked to the biggest clubs in the world after going on loan from Benfica. Frankfurt completely dominated Inter over two legs in the Europa league, Dortmund and Frankfurt would be the best options development and exposure wise for Morelos. Saw he was linked with Leicester which I think as far as EPL goes is probably the best option he'll see, they have a decent squad but I'd be afraid of coaches not being willing to bench Vardy (which I think is a mistake).

Frankfurt have done an amazing job of scouting and bringing in cheap talent, if they are looking at Morelos I'd think that is a really good sign for him as a top notch prospect and not simply hype.

colombianballa91 repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    All true.

I just don't want to see what happened what we saw with Barrios. All these rumors about Spurs then Roma then out of the blue Zenit.

As kromekote said these Turkish rumors seem to be ones reheating from months past but if we keep on seeing lower and lower quality teams as rumors it is not a good trend at all.

Hopefully for his sake he keeps on playing well and does something for the Seleccion because that can also have an impact.

Azucarero repped this.
  12. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    20 seems really steep when you consider the highest fee ever paid for a player from the SPL is just 22 million Euro.

HomietheClown repped this.
  13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    It does but transfer fees have been going crazy over the last 2-3 years so its not totally unrealistic imo. If he can get games and do well with Colombia I think you'll definitely see that price met, would be a big signal to clubs that he's legit. I hope he does get some game time for us, it would be really good for us to have him at a bigger club and able to develop more and playing would help.

kromekote repped this.
  14. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    yep, let's not forget the reality of EPL. An 8 BILLION dollar tv contract for 3 years have made 'small' clubs rain money. Cardiff had paid a record ~$20mm for a 28 yo Sala in midseason. Sala had 3 seasons netting 12 goals for Lig1 Nantes with no international competitions under his belt. That's the reality of big money nowadays.

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sidspaceman and crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They want Borre and Diaz? Hopefully they are in 1st divison next season

sidspaceman repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Please this!....i hope manotas goes to porto as well

[​IMG]

Doogs, Azucarero, sidspaceman and 2 others repped this.
  18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do It Porto. Since you stopped buying colombians you've been shit.

jay luis repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where did you hear the Porto rumors?

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Manotas to porto in january. Before the windows closed

21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Please god no

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Will make the NT talk easier his chances end

sidspaceman repped this.
  23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah he'd be giving up on playing for Colombia in the near future. Seems like a dumb move for a guy who has performed at a high level in the last few years, even if he's been inconsistent he has a lot of talent.

sidspaceman repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He will be expensive so Mexico/US or China most likely. He isn’t EU and his recent preformances show he is hot and cold.

He cost the Brazilian 8 million so what league can actually buy him got to be a mid table team or higher in Spain or Italy. Or EPL or 2nd divison England.

That is my big worry about Barrera and Benedetti they are owned by Mexicans now for them to leave going to be tough

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    There are always multiple factors, two teams and the player all need to agree. Just because his team paid 8 million doesn't mean that's what he'd fetch on the open market. I think he's probably worth at least that based on his goal scoring record in Libertadores etc, but everyone has to agree. I doubt he'd go the EPL, MLS might actually be expensive for them but he could probably do some damage over there. Who knows, he needs to be playing at minimum, and if he's not doing it in Brazil hard to think a step up makes a lot of sense.