Trading Deadline Moves

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SueB, Jul 31, 2007.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    This may be getting discussed in the team threads and perhaps the Fantasy thread, but I thought it'd be nice to post trade info in one place.

The deadline is 4 pm Eastern today. There have been a few moves already. The biggest so far have been among the NL East contenders:

Braves get 1B Teixeira and LHP Ron Mahay
    Rangers get C Saltalamacchia, SS Elvis Andrus, RHP Neftali Feliz, player to be named later

Mets get 2B Luis Castillo
    Twins get two minor leaguers

Phillies have also made some pickups, but I have to run to a meeting.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Red Sox send RHP Joel Pineiro to the Cardinals for a player to be named later.

Not a big move, but perhaps it signals that the Cardinals still believe they have a shot (although adding a middle reliever with a 5.03 ERA is hardly going to make or break their season).

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The Atlanta Braves got Royals reliever Octavio Dotel for pitcher Kyle Davies

4. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The Braves acquired ex-Met lefty Royce Ring from the Padres in exchange for pitchers Wil Ledezma and Will Startup. Ring will be assigned to Richmond, the Braves' Triple-A affiliate.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The San Francisco Giants traded veteran pitcher Matt Morris to the Pittsburgh Pirates for outfielder Rajai Davis and a player to be named later.

7. Powerhitter04

Powerhitter04 New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Once again my Minnesota Twins did nothing. Except trade our second baseman for a couple of mediocre minor leaguers.