Trade Bill Hamid NOW

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by John L, Jul 23, 2016.

1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Who qualifies for the CL from the US? I know the MLS Cup & US open winners & supporters shield do.

2. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Those three and the other Conference Champ. I'm not sure about the rules of succession if any team gets more than one of those qualifiers. For example, which competition's runner-up would get in if a team won both the MLS Cup and the US Open Cup?

3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Who won the open cup?

4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas.

The 3 US CCL participants for next season are Dallas, Colorado, and NYRB, barring some ridiculous goal differential catch up by NYCFC on Sunday.

5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    So ... the MLS Cup has already been won by .... ?

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Groan. Maybe, we should keep all three of Dykstra, Worra and Horton after all.

8. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Levein owns Swansea, and Bill has gone to England every winter. No reason to panic.

fatbastard and msilverstein47 repped this.
  9. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That report says Klinsman rates Bill as low as seventh on the USMNT goalkeeper depth chart. I struggle to rate him below #3 or #4. To me, this is another reason to dump Klinsi as soon as feasible.

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm too lazy to click, but didn't Goff report something similar before the last friendly at RFK?

11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole process for who stays highly rated in USSoccer/USSF for the national team seems to be made up based on U-17 and ODP participation and then it rarely changes, except for more foreign-influenced players.
    No matter how poorly a guy plays when he's older, he can remain high on the list, and no matter how good someone without those same early ties is, he seems to remain low on the totem pole.
    It's all horribly dependent on what exact year a guy is born as well, seems weird.

If someone is on the U-18 or U-20 teams, they seem to get ignored for the most part, but being U-17 or U-23 seem to mean long-term consideration, both regardless of form. Or it could be the -18s and -20s get far less press and I recognize fewer names.

All my half-paying-attention personal opinion, btw :D

However guys like Timmy Chandler or Fabian Johnson or even Orosco got included or highly rated, that path needs to be scrapped :)

12. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    And he can't go to England. He doesn't fit into the latest work permit rules over there.

13. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops totally forgot Swansea played in Wales. But I was certain it is a UK work permit, not a England/Scotland/Wales/N Ire seperate work permit.

14. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Welsh clubs are part of the EPL.
    OTOH, Wales, N Ireland, Scotland and England are separate entities for FIFA and UEFA.
    OTOH, they are all part of the UK for the IOC. Thus, Welshman Ryan Giggs was Captain of the UK team.

15. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having Arena as US National Team coach could improve Hamid's depth on the GK chart. He seems to have a good working relationship with Bob Bradley and Ben Olsen.