toyota recall,WTH!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by nurspec, Feb 9, 2010.

1. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    THis is getting flipping ridiculous , i mean the amount of car affected is a disaster for the company.This is what happens when you put cost ahead of quality, if Toyota would have imported the Denso throttle pedal from Japan and not that crap from CTS in Canada. especially a part so important to safety., it's a no brainer,but i guess they will learn from this and become an even stronger company down the road.

2. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll tell you this: i was considering getting a Prius eventually.

that ain't happening!

3. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    I don't blame you. Probably still the best hybrid car on the market ,but i would definitely wait until they get the Japanese parts rather than the Canadian ones they are ahving trouble with. I f you look at it in a sensible way Toyota are still head and shoulders above any other car maker ,and there is a reason they are #1 in the world ,because there parts are relatively cheap, the cars last forever , reliable and great fuel economy. I think that is way too much to ignore ,and the press will do their part to pump some life into the dying US Car
    market ,but it's only a matter of time before everything is back to normal.

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the situtaiton got this bad becuz toyota cut courners and they didn't think that they owuuld have this kinda trouble. i thinkt that it's inevitable that a company as large as toyota is going to have glitches but the gaspaedl thing and the brake thing is ridiculous. i'm sticking with Honda.

5. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    D'oh!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35320665/ns/business-autos/

6. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love my Prius - and it's being recalled.

I have observed the problem at least 5 times on my car when going downhill, slowing to a stop. First time was an eyeopener, but I chocked it up to, "that's how these things work". It hasn't phased me since.

That said, I'm scheduled to get the update next week. :)